Why is the NR's bloom bigger than DMR's at max.

The NR’s bloom is way bigger than the DMR’s at max.When spamming the DMR due to its rof it won’t shoot again until the expanding reticule is exactly on the stationary reticule as for the NR its bloom exceeds the stationary reticule and when spamming it stays high.So my point is that the NR’s bloom is perfect when spamming shots are way more random then when spamming the DMR shots are not so random.Session data

> The NR’s bloom is way bigger than the DMR’s at max.When spamming the DMR due to its rof it won’t shoot again until the expanding reticule is exactly on the stationary reticule as for the NR its bloom exceeds the stationary reticule and when spamming it stays high.So my point is that the NR’s bloom is perfect when spamming shots are way more random then when spamming the DMR shots are not so random.Session data

My opinion on why the NR is this way is because bloom kind of worked in the Beta, but everyone complained about the DMR’s bloom so they changed it and never had time to really test it and got a bad result, but they never touched the NR because no one said anything. Bottom line: LOL at Bungie for taking community opinion too seriously then making dramatic changes without serious testing.

Can’t argue there… The Needle Rifle’s bloom is near perfect.

I’ve lost and won many a battle due SOLELY on the bloom or my inexperience with it.

According to Frank, they’ll be making changes but nothing major. I honestly really, REALLY hope the DMR gets the same bloom as the Needle Rifle, but tweaked to fit the gun’s stats of course.

If not… Well, there will always be Classic Playlists!

There isn’t a change in the DMR’s bloom between the Beta and Gold.
The only difference is the removal of recoil.

From my observations;
The NR has a larger potential bloom than the DMR because that is how it is balanced to work. The NR fires a much more precise rest shot than the DMR but it isn’t hitscan, nor does it do damage to vehicles. The extra precision isn’t overly powerful as its kept inside a x2 zoom and it does take 6 shots to down default Spartan shields, even though the time is slightly under par with a DMR’s 4-shot. But hey, at least it ricochets.
Now to keep the NR useful but to prevent it from owning outright in short range, the bloom expands and contracts more slowly and wider than than the DMR (actually rectangular-ly).
As bloom increases in size, the NR increases in shot angle it seems like. Meaning the spread of the needle deviates from the straight sight line of the player instead of with the DMR, which seems to travel on a deviate path parallel to the sight line (or at least, the AR, DMR and Pistol all seem to deviate from origin a lot more than they do angle).

Why is it like this? Because that’s how its designed.