Why is the light rifle not being shown?

Sorry if this has already been posted but I haven’t been on the forums in a very long time. I find it odd that they show us the light rifle and the scattershot at E3 but then only show the scattershot in matches. Also on the page here they show every weapon that has been announced except for the light rifle. Why is that?

They did in some of the E3 campaign footage.

No final model?

> No final model?

There is a final model for it.

OP: Forget the Lightrifle, I wanna see the Forerunner assault rifle, sniper rifle and their big rocket launcher looking thing.

because they want the BR ppl to calm down. thereby, they can show the Light Rifle, and how it defeats the DMR every time and let all the DMR ragers have their turn…

I think it’s gonna end up turning into a power weapon because of the fact that when you zoom in it ups the damage done on your enemy.

But, I think balancing issues right now are the reason for them not showing it outside of campaign.

To keep us salivating? I don’t know. We also still haven’t seen the rail gun and other weapons that are in the game.

I guess they are still testing/balancing the weapon to make it fit well in MP.

> To keep us salivating? I don’t know. We also still haven’t seen the rail gun and other weapons that are in the game.

The railgun was shown in that leaked footage in the barn on the Star Trek VHS from a few months ago. It charges up like the Splaser albeit a shorter time, looks devastating.

Its so epic that they are saving it

> The railgun was shown in that leaked footage in the barn on the Star Trek VHS from a few months ago.

I was talking about official footage. If it wasn’t leaked, then we wouldn’t have seen anything yet aside from the pics.

it was actually one of the only weapons I used when I played it at comic con