WHY IS THE FLAGNUM BACK IN H5 ?

I was just reading through the Game Informer cover story on H5 Guardians (the full article is free on the GI website if you’re interested) and while flipping through some of the included multiplayer screenshots I noticed one featured a spartan carrying the CTF flag and flagnum. I interpret this to mean that H5 will have a “dedicated flag runner” CTF experience similar if not identical to what 343i brought to Halo 4, in which players picked up the flag by touching it and could not drop the flag thereafter unless they either died or scored. Since we never got to try CTF in the beta, I had been hoping that H5 would bring back classic CTF with flag juggling for H5. To me, the CTF design in H4 undercut the awesome flag runs and flag tosses (and occasionally chokes) that made games of CTF in the old Halo games exciting and dynamic. Having a flag runner without a weapon meant that teams had to be much more well-coordinated in order to successfully score.

I guess I thought I was in the majority here, so I wanted to ask the question directly: Do you think H5 should have flag juggling a la Halos 1-3 and Reach, or did you like the flag running experience in Halo 4? If you did, why? And please answer the poll above, I am curious where this goes.

Trolls, you can stay under the bridge. I recognize that at this point it’s highly unlikely that 343i will decide to change anything and may even be impossible for them to do so. That’s not really the point. Cheers all.

There is Flag Juggling and the flagnum in Halo 5.

Already been confirmed (Frankie, Twitter) that you get the Flagnum but the flag can be manually dropped and picked up as before. Best of both worlds, for me.

> 2535449576639558;1:
> I was just reading through the Game Informer cover story on H5 Guardians (the full article is free on the GI website if you’re interested) and while flipping through some of the included multiplayer screenshots I noticed one featured a spartan carrying the CTF flag and flagnum. I interpret this to mean that H5 will have a “dedicated flag runner” CTF experience similar if not identical to what 343i brought to Halo 4, in which players picked up the flag by touching it and could not drop the flag thereafter unless they either died or scored. Since we never got to try CTF in the beta, I had been hoping that H5 would bring back classic CTF with flag juggling for H5. To me, the CTF design in H4 undercut the awesome flag runs and flag tosses (and occasionally chokes) that made games of CTF in the old Halo games exciting and dynamic. Having a flag runner without a weapon meant that teams had to be much more well-coordinated in order to successfully score.
>
> I guess I thought I was in the majority here, so I wanted to ask the question directly: Do you think H5 should have flag juggling a la Halos 1-3 and Reach, or did you like the flag running experience in Halo 4? If you did, why? And please answer the poll above, I am curious where this goes.
>
> Trolls, you can stay under the bridge. I recognize that at this point it’s highly unlikely that 343i will decide to change anything and may even be impossible for them to do so. That’s not really the point. Cheers all.

They’ve already added in flag juggling (or brought it back, whatever you prefer). So no need to worry. You can still be somewhat defensible when you have the flag but you can also drop it if you want or pass it to players.

It’s funny, if you just looked at the forum before you posted you would have seen the thread “FLAG JUGGLING IS BACK!”

> 2533274795233660;4:
> > 2535449576639558;1:
> > I was just reading through the Game Informer cover story on H5 Guardians (the full article is free on the GI website if you’re interested) and while flipping through some of the included multiplayer screenshots I noticed one featured a spartan carrying the CTF flag and flagnum. I interpret this to mean that H5 will have a “dedicated flag runner” CTF experience similar if not identical to what 343i brought to Halo 4, in which players picked up the flag by touching it and could not drop the flag thereafter unless they either died or scored. Since we never got to try CTF in the beta, I had been hoping that H5 would bring back classic CTF with flag juggling for H5. To me, the CTF design in H4 undercut the awesome flag runs and flag tosses (and occasionally chokes) that made games of CTF in the old Halo games exciting and dynamic. Having a flag runner without a weapon meant that teams had to be much more well-coordinated in order to successfully score.
> >
> > I guess I thought I was in the majority here, so I wanted to ask the question directly: Do you think H5 should have flag juggling a la Halos 1-3 and Reach, or did you like the flag running experience in Halo 4? If you did, why? And please answer the poll above, I am curious where this goes.
> >
> > Trolls, you can stay under the bridge. I recognize that at this point it’s highly unlikely that 343i will decide to change anything and may even be impossible for them to do so. That’s not really the point. Cheers all.
>
>
> They’ve already added in flag juggling (or brought it back, whatever you prefer). So no need to worry. You can still be somewhat defensible when you have the flag but you can also drop it if you want or pass it to players.
>
> It’s funny, if you just looked at the forum before you posted you would have seen the thread “FLAG JUGGLING IS BACK!”

I am 1/2 happy to hear that. Never liked the flagnum bug I’m glad they at least nixed the auto-pickup. These days there are so many forum topics that I’m not surprised I didn’t see the thread you mentioned, but thanks for pointing it out.