Why is the Core Reach Gameplay Being Kept?

Why is the core Reach Gameplay Being Kept?

If they were going to make a Halo game, why would they choose Reach’s core to emulate?

They must’ve really enjoyed Reach.

Which is unsettling.

I was naive to think they would just make their own game, and not use so much of Bungie’s mad creation. I figured since 343 had 3 years to work on Halo4, they’d make their own game. But it looks like they didn’t start working on Halo4 until Bungie gave them the Reach engine. Then it looks like they just ran out of time and simply kept the Reach core and said that’s their game.

I’m worried for you and 343 Frankie. I don’t think you fully understand and appreciate what Reach did to Halo.

I think they really just want to add the customizable spartan ability, weapons, and AAs.

its ok wait for H4 to divebomb under 3 CODs like reach did and maybe we can hope for H5.

COD BO 2 will do what BO and MW3 did to a non-halo halo themed game

> I think they really just want to add the customizable spartan ability, weapons, and AAs.

The game just doesn’t tell me its a 343 creation. Looks like someone made a modded Reach expansion pack.

Where is 343’s identity? The MP is coming off as a creation from a rag tag group of modders.

They are not using reaches gameplay. They are using reaches engine.
Engine==gameplay
Halo 4 is using a heavily modified version of reaches engine, reach used a heavily modified version of halo 3s engine.
Do you understand this any better now?

Goodness, op. Where do you get your info from? Pay attention.

> They are not using reaches gameplay. They are using reaches engine.
> Engine==gameplay
> Halo 4 is using a heavily modified version of reaches engine, reach used a heavily modified version of halo 3s engine.
> Do you understand this any better now?

AAs, Sprint, bloom = reach gameplay

None of those dumb mechanics were in CE-3

> They are not using reaches gameplay.

AAs and bloom are returning. That alone will make the gameplay feel Reachy.

I wouldn’t worry too much. Looks like there is quite a bit different between Reach and H4.

Contrary to popular “assumption”, people enjoyed the game. I know, hard to believe b/c it’s not “your opinion” or even comes close.

If people like it, they’ll keep making it or things like it.

I read such a great quote that applies to your little topic and rant:

“Stop thinking you’re a producer and telling us what and where we should be building our content.”
~ Former Bioware Designer Christina Norman

Granted it was more geared toward a DLC comment but it still rings true - If you really think you know what Gamers want - Go do it yourself. You don’t like it, don’t buy/play/support it. Everyone wants to be a critic/developer/etc without putting in their dues and having something to show for it.

Pffft.

Your complaining about it being too much like Halo Reach, then not being 343’s own creation? If they made it their own, it would not be like your beloved halo 3.

Reach was horrible and now H4 is going to be play like it. The Halo franchise doesn’t look very bright to me to be honest.

> Contrary to popular “assumption”, people enjoyed the game. I know, hard to believe b/c it’s not “your opinion” or even comes close.
>
> If people like it, they’ll keep making it or things like it.
>
>
>
>
> I read such a great quote that applies to your little topic and rant:
>
> “Stop thinking you’re a producer and telling us what and where we should be building our content.”
> ~ Former Bioware Designer Christina Norman
>
> Granted it was more geared toward a DLC comment but it still rings true - If you really think you know what Gamers want - Go do it yourself. You don’t like it, don’t buy/play/support it. Everyone wants to be a critic/developer/etc without putting in their dues and having something to show for it.
>
> Pffft.

yeh… itsnot the first play that ruins a game its when everyone finds out the dumb moves EX sprint double beatdown.

yeh people didnt like reacharound hence why its the commands the least % of xbox gamers of any halo title.

@ quote…
Umm im a customer, we make or break you.

> Your complaining about it being too much like Halo Reach, then not being 343’s own creation? If they made it their own, it would not be like your beloved halo 3.

this game looks like reach 1.5. Why cant you ADAPT and accept change?

> They are not using reaches gameplay. They are using reaches engine.
> Engine==gameplay
> Halo 4 is using a heavily modified version of reaches engine, reach used a heavily modified version of halo 3s engine.
> Do you understand this any better now?

The engine is heavily modified. But the CORE is Reach. Everything we’ve seen and or read about screams Reach.

> yeh… itsnot the first play that ruins a game its when everyone finds out the dumb moves EX sprint double beatdown.
>
> yeh people didnt like <mark>reacharound</mark> hence why its the commands the least % of xbox gamers of any halo title.
>
> @ quote…
> Umm im a customer, we make or break you.

<mark>Grow up</mark>

Source? Proof? Didnt think so.

“We” is the key word, dont think that most Halo consumers agree with you.

> > They are not using reaches gameplay. They are using reaches engine.
> > Engine==gameplay
> > Halo 4 is using a heavily modified version of reaches engine, reach used a heavily modified version of halo 3s engine.
> > Do you understand this any better now?
>
> AAs, Sprint, bloom = reach gameplay
>
> None of those dumb mechanics were in CE-3

AA’s: They brought sprint back as a default ability. I’m amazed how very few people know about “limiters” on a Spartans armor that enable them to sprint. Everyone was ok with sprint, hologram and active camo. 4 AA’s have been confirmed…THATS IT!! As for Jetpack, it’s returning as a Zero G thruster seen intergrated into Johns suit. The ones we are going to use in matchmaking are not intergrated.

Bloom has a fixed RoF. It’s basically Reach’s TU 85% bloom reduction. Even MLG players have said the bloom is what better then what it was, and mind you this came from the official MLG forums.

Halo 4’s engine is a modified engine of Reach as Mestizo mentioned. No Reach gameplay will be adopted for Halo 4. 343 is transforming the engine from Reach combined with Halo 3 for Halo 4. I don’t understand why people cannot comprehend this. E3 is coming soon. Don’t understand why people judge the game from trailers that have had like only 30 seconds to a minute of gameplay.

Make or break, eh?

Well, why isn’t Reach “broken” then as in servers shut down?

Oh you kiddies make me laugh. Get in the biz, make your own game and make your mark with “how a game should be played”

Otherwise, deal with it and adapt or pout about it and don’t play it.

“one mans trash is another mans treasure”. And those of us who play it regularly are very content with that. Some to most of us don’t build Halo up like it’s some holy grail of the gaming industry. It’s a game. It’s just as flawed as the next but people find ways to enjoy it rather than look for ways to complain about it.

because as much as Reach BLOWS as a total game, the core game mechanics, net code and GUI or solid.

Change the squatty spartan to MC or spartan 4 for H4, increase jump and speed and modify the MOCAP for more spartan like movement and bam you got something…

> Your complaining about it being too much like Halo Reach, then not being 343’s own creation? If they made it their own, it would not be like your beloved halo 3.

Halo3 sucked. Halo2 was great.

If they made it there own, odds are it wouldn’t look like the -Yoink- son of Reach. I was hoping everything from Reach would die with Reach. Can’t understand why 343 decided to return to Master Chief but keep Reach core gameplay. Halo4 doesn’t stand on its own for 343. It looks like the ghost of Bungie.

If another dev hires someone from 343 who worked on Halo4 MP, they don’t know what they’re getting because that person just modded an engine someone else created. Then kept the core game someone else created which was a failure.

The direction Halo4 has gone is lost on me. I do not understand it.

Now I know why Halo CE’s MP wasn’t delivered when they said they didn’t want to confuse Reach players. Its because 343 doesn’t know what to do on their own and just resorted to modifying Bungie’s creation.

I thought 343 had all those years to make their own game from the ground up. Or at least make a Halo game. They’ve done neither.

I wonder how long they had to wait before Bungie handed them the engine. Must’ve been a painful wait since they knew they weren’t making a game without somebody’s else’s foundation.

Who is 343? What did they really make?