Why is the BR considered such an iconic...

…weapon of Halo?

Considering it’s only been in 2 of 5 Halo games.

Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo, and the BR was a fast killing weapon which required skill to use, and there was no such thing as luck or randomness like with Bloom. Good players could use it do dominate at practically any range. It wasn’t ugly like the DMR. And both MLG players and nooby players liked playing with it.

Because it was one of the big features in Halo 2, and Halo 2 marked the start of Multiplayer, Matchmaking, MLG, and the BR was the weapon of choice for skilled players, and it is certainly the best none power weapon in the game.

It was also very fun to use, and most people enjoyed using it, whether that be competitive or casual players.

> Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.

You see, before your time, there was a game called Halo CE.

> > Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo
>
> That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.
>
> You see, before your time, there was a game called Halo CE.

And obviously CE brought in large swathes of the community simply for it’s multiplayer. (sarcasm)

>
> That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.
>

I think the shotgun should be the iconic weapon of Halo.

It’s in every single Halo game, and it’s badass.

Who didn’t love destroying the Flood in 343 Guilty Spark with a shotgun?

>
>

CE was great but you’re in denial. Halo2/3 were the golden years, for both competitive and casual halo. Halo was never bigger outside of 2004-2009.

> > > Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo
> >
> > That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.
> >
> > You see, before your time, there was a game called Halo CE.
>
> And obviously CE brought in large swathes of the community simply for it’s multiplayer. (sarcasm)

You see, there were two little things called System Link and XBConnect.

Actually the AR (and SMGs for 2) are the iconic weapons of Halo. Many mistake these weapons to good in MP because of that fact (lol).

The BR (at least for me) is a sick, 3 shot kill weapon that i am madly in love with. I liked the DMR but it’s no replacement. Something about the 3 round burst feels…i don’t know…right and fun. Despite the questionable skill level of the gun, the random spread of the BR in Halo 3, the Pre patch BR in Halo 2 etc, i am always going to go with the BR and this wont’ change for Halo 4.

Nothing like hearing the BR going off in the distance, watching an ancient montage of quad shots from Halo 2 or seeing (or being on the receiving end) of a mad strafe take out in Halo 3 with, you guessed it, a BR.

The 3 shot pistol was epic but the relationship strained over time and it came back for anniversary but it just wasn’t the same. I grew up i suppose but the memories will always be there to remind me of my first Halo game; Halo: Combat Evolved. So long ago…

> > > > Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo
> > >
> > > That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.
> > >
> > > You see, before your time, there was a game called Halo CE.
> >
> > And obviously CE brought in large swathes of the community simply for it’s multiplayer. (sarcasm)
>
> You see, there were two little things called System Link and XBConnect.

Of which were not used by Millions of players, unlike Matchmaking.

> > > > > Because Halo 2-3 was the golden days of Halo
> > > >
> > > > That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard in my entire life.
> > > >
> > > > You see, before your time, there was a game called Halo CE.
> > >
> > > And obviously CE brought in large swathes of the community simply for it’s multiplayer. (sarcasm)
> >
> > You see, there were two little things called System Link and XBConnect.
>
> Of which were not used by Millions of players, unlike Matchmaking.

Precisely. CE became more famous after Halo 2 and the PC version.

> Halo2/3 were the golden years, for both competitive and casual halo. Halo was never bigger outside of 2004-2009.

Bigger = better? I think not.