Why is the boltshot still a 1shot kil?????

Ok this has gotten out of hand the patch did nothing rather then reduce the range a bit.But its still a problem I keep getting killed by people coming around the corner with a boltshot and bam Im dead.
Just remove this weapon entirely from the loadouts and make it a power weapon.Evey time I die by a boltshot makes wanna break my -Yoinking!- controler Jesus.If -Yoink- like these are in Halo 5 then good luck 343i lol.

I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.

If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.

They should have made the Boltshot similar to the Mauler where it isn’t a 1 shot kill. While the range has been significantly reduced it’s still stupid you can spawn with a pocket 1sk weapon.

> They should have made the Boltshot similar to the Mauler where it isn’t a 1 shot kill. While the range has been significantly reduced it’s still stupid you can spawn with a pocket 1sk weapon.

I agree. And in my opinion, the Boltshot should be a map pick up.

> They should have made the Boltshot similar to the Mauler where it isn’t a 1 shot kill. While the range has been significantly reduced it’s still stupid you can spawn with a pocket 1sk weapon.

Agreed i mean everytime I die by it I rage

> I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.
>
> If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.

How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???He can have a BR
and switch immediatly to his boltshot and bam drop dead

> I agree. And in my opinion, the Boltshot should be a map pick up.

I agree, too.

> > I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.
> >
> > If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.
>
> How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???He can have a BR
> and switch immediatly to his boltshot and bam drop dead

It gives an orange glow while charging, you have 2 seconds to hoof it.
Also, HL shields work wonders on close range BS users.
I’m more concerned with the range. It is inconsistent. Unless you have a damage boost, the single shot is pretty useless.

> > I agree. And in my opinion, the Boltshot should be a map pick up.
>
> I agree, too.

Who wouldnt

> > > I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.
> > >
> > > If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.
> >
> > How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???He can have a BR
> > and switch immediatly to his boltshot and bam drop dead
>
> It gives an orange glow while charging, you have 2 seconds to hoof it.
> Also, HL shields work wonders on close range BS users.
> I’m more concerned with the range. It is inconsistent. Unless you have a damage boost, the single shot is pretty useless.

I don’t get why so many people call the single shot useless. I find it easier to aim with the Boltshot, so for me, it is an excellent clean/finish-up weapon.

As others have said I think it should have worked like the H3 Mauler in that if the player is at 100% shields then it rips them and does major health damage just short of death. It should only be a 1sk if the player is at 75% or 50% shields.

To be fair though Boltshot usage has seemed to go way down since its nerf and the weapons update.

I don’t have very many problems with the Boltshot, but I can understand where the frustration comes from.

However, the real problem I have with Halo 4 is Personal Ordnance, luckily Team Slayer will quell that once and for all…

> > > I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.
> > >
> > > If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.
> >
> > How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???He can have a BR
> > and switch immediatly to his boltshot and bam drop dead
>
> It gives an orange glow while charging, you have 2 seconds to hoof it.
> <mark>Also, HL shields work wonders on close range BS users.</mark>
> I’m more concerned with the range. It is inconsistent. Unless you have a damage boost, the single shot is pretty useless.

And Thruster Pack, I have Thruster Packed behind people while they were charging it up and hitting them in the back, ever since its range was reduced I’ve had zero problems with it

> > I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.
> >
> > If you die from the one shot, it’s your fault for getting that close to your opponent and allowing him to have time to charge it. I rarely die from Boltshots as I keep my distance away from them.
>
> How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???

I’ve taught myself to see what they have as a sidearm, if I can’t see, I keep my distance

> As others have said I think it should have worked like the H3 Mauler in that if the player is at 100% shields then it rips them and does major health damage just short of death. It should only be a 1sk if the player is at 75% or 50% shields.
>
> To be fair though Boltshot usage has seemed to go way down since its nerf and the weapons update.

You would need to give it a slightly faster fire rate then like the mauler to compensate or it would useless.

> Ok this has gotten out of hand the patch did nothing rather then reduce the range a bit.But its still a problem I keep getting killed by people coming around the corner with a boltshot and bam Im dead.
> Just remove this weapon entirely from the loadouts and make it a power weapon.Evey time I die by a boltshot makes wanna break my -Yoinking!- controler Jesus.If Yoink! like these are in Halo 5 then good luck 343i lol.

1. They cannot remove anything from loadouts entirely.

2. It’s not strong enough to be a power weapon.

3. If it did not OHK when charged it would lose it’s uniqueness.

4. If you are constantly dying to it then you are the problem and not the weapon. There are plenty of viable tactics and equipment to counter it. Ever since the range got reduced it became balanced.

> >
>
> How the hell am I suppose to know if the other guy has a boltshot???He can have a BR
> and switch immediatly to his boltshot and bam drop dead

BR’s don’t sound as if they’re charging up and they don’t glow orange.

If you got killed by the Boltshot then it’s your own fault for getting close to the guy. The Boltshot doesn’t need to be nerfed again because you got killed by one.

In the last update it’s range was lowered significantly to the point where the most it can do is take away shields at a medium range. If you get killed even once by a Boltshot user in-game just do what I do, switch to long range weapons and beat the other guy with the better weapons.

The Boltshot is no where near as powerful to be considered a “power weapon”.
"Just remove it" is in no way a solution for the supposed problem.

> 3) If it did not OHK when charged it would lose it’s uniqueness.

Could they not nerf it to be this:

Charged shot = same as plasma charged shot
Single shot = same as magnum single shot

In that scenario, it would still be unique, and still kill quite effectively (with no one complaining about it being a 1SK weapon).

Personally, I think they should use their weapon-tuning ability to turn the Boltshot into an automatic pistol. Assuming such things can be adjusted, I’d give it a massive clip size and fire rate, but make it extremely weak (60% of the clip must hit one target for a kill) to compensate.

It’d probably end up weaker than the other secondaries, but it’d remain unique, and it’d appeal heavily to players that love filling every cubic inch of air with bullets. Basically, think “mini SAW.”

> I think the Boltshot is fine as is. The range on the weapon has significantly been reduced.

I’ve heard from other players that the range nerf does not take effect consistently. My own experience lines up with that, though I know anecdotal evidence isn’t evidence.

Given how quick the Mauler+Melee combo was, the Mauler was as close to OSK as a non-OSK ever got.