Why is the Banshee so garbage in this game?

Can we please bring back the halo reach banshee. I cant even flip the halo 4 banshee anymore due to it randomly turning sideways after evading upward or sideways, and the amount of time it takes to flip is just -Yoink-.

Thea reason it was changed was because of the spawn killing overpowered Banshee that was in Halo Reach.

I cannot count how many games I just put down the controller because someone just kept flipping and bombing over my spawn.

Crappy video but it proves my point.

Reach’s banshee was way OP, this one is good

It’s still pretty powerful. You just have to hope that the other team is totally incompetent…

The only thing I would change is that post-flip turn. Besides that, it’d be too OP like the Reach ones.

well then put something in the game to destroy the banshee like a Spartan lazer, seriously do you guys actually use the banshee in this game? it blows up with one clip of dmr. the banshee bomb is the size of a frag grenade explosion and the flipping randomly turns you sideways?? cmon guys. give me a break.

I think the random turning is due to it slamming in to the top of the way too low skybox. I agree with the OP. The banshee really isn’t very useful anymore.

The Reach Banshee would have been fine with the Fuel Rod gun disabled. It worked in Halo 2, why couldn’t they have done it in Halo 4 instead of making it clunky and useless?

> well then put something in the game to destroy the banshee like a Spartan lazer, seriously do you guys actually use the banshee in this game? it blows up with one clip of dmr. the banshee bomb is the size of a frag grenade explosion and the flipping randomly turns you sideways?? cmon guys. give me a break.

It’s hard to get that Spartan Laser when you’re being spawn killed by a Banshee that can just sit above your spawn and repeatedly kill you.

I’ve used the banshee many times and go on Killing Sprees with it. You only turn sideways when flipping if you point the camera in a different direction by flipping. If you keep the camera pointed the same direction it was when you started flipping, you won’t turn. Simple as that.

No offense, but it sounds like you are just raging because you suck with the Halo 4 banshee.

I don’t really see the issue. I enjoy using the banshee. Of course it has slower maneuvers, but It doesn’t bother me.

Its not to bad in Halo 4, it just needs to not be in game modes like CTF and KOTH.

[deleted]

> It just gets destroyed so fast. On legendary it’s useless.

Everything is useless on Legendary. A Scorpion Tank can die in 1 or 2 hits. That is how Legendary is supposed to be.

We are talking about the Banshee in Multiplayer.

I’ve gone against several spawn killing teams and have had no spawn killing issues, if you know what you’re doing and you know how to not get trapped ina spawn t hen it shouldn’t be an issue, just make more spawns? I get killing sprees in the halo 4 banshee too but I remember getting unfrigs in it in halo reach, was so easy to use.

So you basically want easy kills with the banshee in Halo 4 like people did in Halo Reach? must be so hard to fly the banshee without flipping and using the green bomb which kills 7 people at once haha lol

i think it takes a bit more skill to fly this banshee then what it did with the one in Reach, i usually fly low with it and splatter, im glad to see that the bomb has been weakened like it should be

That is how 343 wants it, they don’t care what you have to say. They never do.

I never had that much trouble with the banshee in Reach. Sniper rifles have always wrecked em and a good warthog duo could mess em up too. Then you have the plasma pistol and splazer. They were a manageable threat. Now they’re just a joke.

lol its not about getting easy kills, if you’re playing on a good team they’re gonna kill the -Yoink- out of you anyway. I’m just disappointed in how pathetic the banshee has turned into this game. they degraded it so much. the MANTUS pretty much became the new banshee in this game.

Banshee was perfect in halo 3,

Banshee in Reach was over-powered but weak as crap when it came to team shooting

i think the banshee so far in halo 4 is average at best but i like that the bomb isnt over-powered

it’s pathetic in this game. no one uses it anymore. I see it just sitting there most of the time because its insta death. the flipping and the random turning and the overall health of the banshee need to be fixed, I don’t mind how weak the banshee bomb is.