why is the Ai in H5 worse than the bungie games?

Literally on legendary your team is useless, they just walk in and die over and over again.

Friendly AI has never been good. Kat drove me into walls and off cliffs a plenty in reach.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

This Bungie fanboy xd

Lol Halo Reach’s shenanigans?

In other Halo games your team of Marines would walk in and die, except they don’t come back.

> 2533274961123852;1:
> Literally on legendary your team is useless, they just walk in and die over and over again.

I could be wrong but I remember reading that your team’s AI gets dumber on higher difficulties. Maybe they will be smarter if you play on a lower difficulty

> 2533274904158628;5:
> > 2533274961123852;1:
> > Literally on legendary your team is useless, they just walk in and die over and over again.
>
> I could be wrong but I remember reading that your team’s AI gets dumber on higher difficulties. Maybe they will be smarter if you play on a lower difficulty

I think it’s more like the AI’s usefulness doesn’t scale with the difficulty, so while on Easy/Normal they make the game a cakewalk, on Legendary they’re only as good as they were on Easy mode so the become more of a liability than an asset.

Here is a link to publications by bungie. There are a couple on AI, It makes for an interesting read and it shows some of the back end details of parts of bungie games and AI.

Why is the AI worse? The real question should be “why is everything worse”

I doubt 343 wanted to make the game too easy

> 2533274961123852;1:
> Literally on legendary your team is useless, they just walk in and die over and over again.

I think it’s down to more than 1 thing. Enemy AI has too much aim assist where it feels like auto-aiming while the friendly AI don’t know how to counter this plus most of the maps are too small in some areas so they don’t have much cover or room to move before being swarmed by what infinite teleporting spam from the enemy AI. The only real benefit to the friendly AI seems to be that they re-spawn after a while, can revive you but I kind of feel like the team element of the game makes the game too easy on legendary but at the same time I can’t stand the enemy AI’s auto-aiming/teleporting spam that effects all game modes.

Ehh both groups are shoddy on companion AI but Bungie knew better on how to achieve difficult AI opponents (minus H2).

> 2533274961123852;1:

you are right for that. AIs are useless in missions.

Implying Bungie’s friendly AI was useful.

If you ask me, The Arbiter isn’t useless.

The friendly AI has never been good, but in the other games, they were extremely buffed in health and aim assist. Also, they never followed you around as much like in Halo 5. If the AI in halo 5 fired more often and did more damage, I think people wouldn’t hate on them as much.

> 2533274883849234;13:
> Implying Bungie’s friendly AI was useful.

This is what I was thinking, and in terms of enemy AI, compared to Destiny 2…I’ll take Halo 5’s AI any day over that craziness.

The worst AI are the marines from Halo CE by far. If they wouldn’t turn against you, I would have killed them from the beginning of the mission

> 2533274961123852;1:

And marines dont?
Kat’s driving wasn’t bad?

In 5 they move based on your location and commands.
Sometimes they advance on their own but still.

> 2533274883849234;13:
> Implying Bungie’s friendly AI was useful.

They were, because aimbot was turned on for them half the time
and the same applies to the current game.

> 2535433113586217;14:
> If you ask me, The Arbiter isn’t useless.

LOL true, but he has near-infinite health(in H3 at least), doesn’t follow you around as much, and shoots a lot more often, so of course he’s better, in both H3 and H5.