Why IS spartan-charge in the game?

Why IS spartan-charge in the game?

Seriously, I am curious, because I just DON’T GET IT!
What part of Spartan Charge is a FUN added feature? Did they try playing with it before shipping H5?!

It’s not fun killing people with it, I literally feel DIRTY/FILTHY getting kills with it.
It’s infuriating getting killed by some -Yoink- - Wad with zero strategy other than “-Yoink- IT IMMA RUSH HEAD FIRST STRAIGHT INTO THEM” AND IT WORKS!?!?
It’s REWARDED?!?!

How do you even counter it?
The RRR is huge, with bullet-magnetism so strong it’s impossible to thrust away from.
I don’t know how to counter it without a plasma grenade, shotgun, sword or a rocket-launcher and that usually means a trade at best.

All in all, if Spartan Charge is in H:Infinite, I’m not buying. Period.

Thoughts?

It’s in the game because sprint needed an offense mechanism, and all the people they hired who “hate Halo” liked that kind of cheap kill garbage.

I see the ‘hired people who hate Halo’ quote is still being used out of context. Lovely.

They must’ve put Spartan Charge in because they saw something in it that they felt added to the gameplay or made someone feel like a Spartan in their vision for Halo and they obviously play tested it before launch. You can counter it by thrusting to the side when you see someone sprinting towards you, but it will still hit you if you thrust too late. And in case anyone gets the wrong impression, I’m not defending SC since I think it’s a cheap ability that should be removed.

I generally use it on very rare occasion. It’s useful if you’re running behind someone and they’re out of range for a standard melee.

I just accept death when I’m hit by it square and don’t have time to counter it. If this is someone’s key strategy, I wish them all the best. Not for me.

I’m struggling to finish the ground pound commendation as well for the same reason.

Spartan charge should have to be charged like ground pound and if you get shot you shouldn’t be able to charge IMO. Also it really should be for campaign and soical games only.

The whole point of Spartan Abilities was to make you feel like your Spartan was more powerful than before. Basically, the idea was to make the gameplay align better with the reputation of being unstoppable that Spartans have. On that front, 343i definitely did a good job. I love the abilities for campaign and Firefight as they seem like a natural evolution of gameplay for those modes. But, the abilities cheapen some battles in PvP. Since your Spartan is so powerful, it sometimes negates the power of the weapons and vehicles themselves.

I think the issue with SC is that when you get killed by or because of it, it feels cheap. However, how many times do you really die to it? Not that many because it isn’t actually that good. It’s annoying to get killed by, but it’s countered pretty easily and isn’t all that effective for the most part.

It’s great for campaign.
Pvp well… it does help those like me that don’t have the best shooting skills. But really don’t use it much. Or have it used against me.

They put it in because physics.
If you turn on thrusters and add additional momentum to a 1000 pound suit of armor going 40 miles an hour, and that suit hits something that ISNT a wall, and has squishy things inside it like organs, that thing it hits is going to feel the impact of that 1000 pounds of armor.
Ever seen a car accident? Its like that.
I legitimately dont get everyones complaints about Spartan Charge. Only times I ever die to it is if I screw up and leave myself open. Same as an assasination or, heck, most every other weapon in the game.

I only see people use spartan charge when they feel liking throwing someone off the map. From my 3 years of playing and can conclude that spartan charge is a troll’s best friend and a cheap way of getting kills.

I suspect it comes down largely to the idea that ‘more is better’ and the more features that are added the better and more popular the game will be regardless of how good or bad those features are.

Cut it out, you are acting like this wouldn’t happen under 343’s wing. It’s probably in the game because of the advanced movement mechanics in the new games.

> 2533274907200114;9:
> They put it in because physics.
> If you turn on thrusters and add additional momentum to a 1000 pound suit of armor going 40 miles an hour, and that suit hits something that ISNT a wall, and has squishy things inside it like organs, that thing it hits is going to feel the impact of that 1000 pounds of armor.
> Ever seen a car accident? Its like that.
> I legitimately dont get everyones complaints about Spartan Charge. Only times I ever die to it is if I screw up and leave myself open. Same as an assasination or, heck, most every other weapon in the game.

That kinda falls apart in a game where there is very little fall damage and we have Thrusters that can keep a 1000 pound suit of armor suspended in the area for a few seconds.

Or when Ground Pound isn’t based on momentum, it’s based on distance to the circle on the ground.

> 2533274843634673;7:
> I think the issue with SC is that when you get killed by or because of it, it feels cheap. However, how many times do you really die to it? Not that many because it isn’t actually that good. It’s annoying to get killed by, but it’s countered pretty easily and isn’t all that effective for the most part.

Pretty good summation!
How do you counter it, CONSISTENTLY mind you?

Because you need at least one way to melee in sprint.
And it can’t weaker than melee…

> 2535446745236801;14:
> > 2533274843634673;7:
> > I think the issue with SC is that when you get killed by or because of it, it feels cheap. However, how many times do you really die to it? Not that many because it isn’t actually that good. It’s annoying to get killed by, but it’s countered pretty easily and isn’t all that effective for the most part.
>
> Pretty good summation!
> How do you counter it, CONSISTENTLY mind you?

There’s no 100% way to counter it, but two options are:

• To thrust out of the way in time. - To get a quick double-melee off on the charger.These work surprisingly well, especially the second one if you see them coming. The annoying part of SC for me is when they do it from behind before they enter the radius of your sensor. But, like I said, while it’s annoying, it doesn’t happen that much relative to getting killed in other ways.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> I see the ‘hired people who hate Halo’ quote is still being used out of context. Lovely.
>
> They must’ve put Spartan Charge in because they saw something in it that they felt added to the gameplay or made someone feel like a Spartan in their vision for Halo and they obviously play tested it before launch. You can counter it by thrusting to the side when you see someone sprinting towards you, but it will still hit you if you thrust too late. And in case anyone gets the wrong impression, I’m not defending SC since I think it’s a cheap ability that should be removed.

They literally did just that. It’s absolutely in context to bring that up here.

Spartan Charge is awesome. It’s a great tool for disrupting campers and making last-minute stops. It’s easily countered by 1. looking at your radar. 2. thrusting. 3. melee-ing, 4. using splinter grenades, 5. using automatics

The original vision for Halo 5 was great and well balanced. It was only after they started messing with the formula for the niche HCS (e.g. removing splinters, removing Spartan Charge and ground pound, removing automatics, etc.) that the game got worse.

I Find myself using it more to get around the map rather than actually killing people with it, however it has come in clutch for those surprise people you find while running.

> 2727626560040591;3:
> I see the ‘hired people who hate Halo’ quote is still being used out of context. Lovely.

What is the original content here?