Why is sound ignored? By players.

Everyone on this board if you haven’t you owe it to yourself to crank the sound up to 11 when playing. Seriously just do it. Figure out what is “loud” then go up a couple decibels. The sound in this game is breathtaking. Not sound as in “is that guy behind me”. Sound as in did you hear that needler reload?. Wow! Reloading the AR and you hear that “clink” when slapping in clip. Just nuts. Please keep the sound guys!!! Give them a raise. I’d hate to hear halo with sub par sound people. Yuck.

I agree, I have a very nice head set, and when they’re on with the sound cranked up it’s like playing a different game. My sound system is top notch too, but as much as she loves me, I’d be divorced if I cranked that up in the evening with the boys in bed lol.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s cool, but it’s a little to much if you ask me.

I prefer when it’s less of the “clanky” stuff, it may be realistic, and they work hard, but it just doesn’t sit with me right.

I have a fancy, expensive pair of studio-quality Sennheiser headphones. Any time I get a new Halo game, I plug them into my TV, turn off the lights and get fully immersed and I can hear everything crystal clear. It is a nice experience to have and I agree, some of the sounds are really cool.

But nowadays, I play Halo with those headphones playing music from my computer. So I apologize if I can’t hear anyone using their mic

The Halo 5 magnum is -Yoinking!- obnoxious sounding. Not quite on the level of Halo 4’s BR cricket noises on steroids, but still grating.

Now days i just mute the game and the tv. I just given up on Halo 5 party chat, because most time it kid playing rap music or got kinect running in back round making too much noises. I remember back in day playing Halo Reach i had so much fun talk in party with friends… I miss the old day of Halo.

While I personally dislike the sound effects themselves, 343i really did knock it out of the park with the sound engine itself (occlusion and such).

> 2535427961349193;5:
> The Halo 5 magnum is -Yoinking!- obnoxious sounding. Not quite on the level of Halo 4’s BR cricket noises on steroids, but still grating.

Halo 4 sounds were terrible idk what you are talking about. The BR sounds like a kid trying to imitate what a gun burst would sound like.

The sounds in this game are amazing. You can hear everything even when weapons get picked up. The only other game i can think of with great audio is battlefield but there arent many.

The sound is amazing, I have really nice turtle beaches, so when I go in a match that has no radar such as swat. All I have to do is crank up the volume on the headset and use my audio to help predict my surroundings.

I agree about the sound. I love it! It’s not obnoxious or too much. I don’t play to music. I play to Halo. Even when I’m grinding away playing solo, and playing the same playlist over and over I keep the volume up, and immerse myself in the game. I don’t want to play Halo any other way.

There’s no doubt in my mind halo 5 has the best weapon sounds in the series.

I’ve got a pair of Astro A40s and yeah it is nice to hear everything.

> 2533274803493024;12:
> There’s no doubt in my mind halo 5 has the best weapon sounds in the series.

Like hell.

i don’t think ANY AR has sounded as brutal and booming as the Halo CE AR, but the Reach and H2A AR did sound pretty good. Realism has its place, but making the weapon sound cool is more important than realism. Even the CE magnum is still probably one of the best sounding magnums. Beefy, powerful and loud make you feel very powerful and adds to the weapons potemtial to be iconic. Halo Reach sniper is the best sniper sounds with that in mind. Reaches sound overall was probably the best in the series, Halo CE did have some odd vehicle sounds. The shotgun sounded so amazing in older halos, the new one is genuinely horrid. The H2 BR is the best sounding UNSC weapon in Halo 5.

i cannot express how crap most of the covenent weapons sound. They sound so pew pew and not very powerful (the storm rifle is one of the worst) the Brute plasma rifle used to sound great, but they changed it and kept it for the req variants! Seriously!? The sound design of the covenat weapons is actually abysmal.

The forerunner weapons are actually not to bad. Incineraction Cannon sounds lethal, it feels great. suppressor in Halo 4 sounded better I think, binary rifle could sound more powerful, but its not to bad. Scattershot could sound cooler, more powerf. Boltshots a bit pathetic. Light Rifle isnt to bad at all, sounds fairly powerful.

I tend to listen to music or podcasts when I play, unless I’m playing with people I know.

> 2535410901623492;14:
> > 2533274803493024;12:
> > There’s no doubt in my mind halo 5 has the best weapon sounds in the series.
>
>
> Like hell.
>
> i don’t think ANY AR has sounded as brutal and booming as the Halo CE AR, but the Reach and H2A AR did sound pretty good. Realism has its place, but making the weapon sound cool is more important than realism. Even the CE magnum is still probably one of the best sounding magnums. Beefy, powerful and loud make you feel very powerful and adds to the weapons potemtial to be iconic. Halo Reach sniper is the best sniper sounds with that in mind. Reaches sound overall was probably the best in the series, Halo CE did have some odd vehicle sounds. The shotgun sounded so amazing in older halos, the new one is genuinely horrid. The H2 BR is the best sounding UNSC weapon in Halo 5.
>
> i cannot express how crap most of the covenent weapons sound. They sound so pew pew and not very powerful (the storm rifle is one of the worst) the Brute plasma rifle used to sound great, but they changed it and kept it for the req variants! Seriously!? The sound design of the covenat weapons is actually abysmal.
>
> The forerunner weapons are actually not to bad. Incineraction Cannon sounds lethal, it feels great. suppressor in Halo 4 sounded better I think, binary rifle could sound more powerful, but its not to bad. Scattershot could sound cooler, more powerf. Boltshots a bit pathetic. Light Rifle isnt to bad at all, sounds fairly powerful.

To each their own?

Lol @ the people complaining about the sound…

> 2533274805919869;8:
> > 2535427961349193;5:
> > The Halo 5 magnum is -Yoinking!- obnoxious sounding. Not quite on the level of Halo 4’s BR cricket noises on steroids, but still grating.
>
>
> Halo 4 sounds were terrible idk what you are talking about. The BR sounds like a kid trying to imitate what a gun burst would sound like.

I think you need to reread my post.

The sound design in this game is underappreciated.

It’s good but still most of the time I listen to music on headphones while I play b