Why is Settler still in the map rotations?

I’d rather Exile, than Settler this map defines Active Camo Cross Mapping and Sniping abuse. Ordnance doesn’t help either so I will ask the community why is this horrid map fixed? I still spawn in the water sometimes and it’s uneven terrain is terrible. Vehicular combat is bogus because the DMR will wreck it so why is this map picked?

Settler is awesome in my opinion, its like the new blood gulch. Exile just promotes abused vehicle play so please, DONT TAKE SETTLER OUT!!!

I don’t mind settler as much since they updated it.

Still don’t like Settler at least Exile the vehicles get creamed now.

I never use vehicles, nor sniper rifles. I mostly play This map in the CTF playlist, and It quickly became one of my favorites.

Settler needs a banshee spawning on top of the shotgun tunnel to counter people camping on the railgun ledge.

It’s just poorly designed, and honestly it feels like it was made just to emphasize everything that could go wrong in a map.

> Poor spawns? They’re there.
> Inefficient vehicles? Check.
> Crappy design? Just try to play without constantly throwing yourself at the upper ridge.

The map’s a mess, and I don’t find it entertaining to play on at all.

> Settler needs a banshee spawning on top of the shotgun tunnel to counter people camping on the railgun ledge.

No

> Settler needs a banshee spawning on top of the shotgun tunnel to counter people camping on the railgun ledge.

Settler is a comparably small map that has no aerial cover. A Banshee would get absolutely destroyed.

> > Poor spawns? They’re there.

As far as we know, they are working on the suicide spawns. Other than that I have never had a single frustration with spawning on this map. I have never felt spawn trapped, not even once.

> > Inefficient vehicles? Check.

The Warthog can be used to great effect when used properly. It is most efficient in CTF, when being used as a transport vehicle.

> > Crappy design? Just try to play without constantly throwing yourself at the upper ridge.

I hardly ever go to the ridge, especially in CTF. It is by far one of the most fun CTF maps in my opinion.

If anything, this map needs to be made specifically a CTF map, not to be taken out completely.

I admit in CTF it’s a decent map but Big Team Slayer no.

I suicide spawned once. That alone was enough for me to hate Settler.

Settler is awesome, that’s why. It’s a basic map that’s just fun to play as opposed to the uber super serious MLG gray boxes we get all the damn time.

Settler always seems to revolve around everyone fighting for the railgun ridge, and blue seems to spawn in much closer to the railgun than red (or at least it always seems that way). To make matters worse, controlling that ridge gives your team control over the incineration cannon spawn.

Then there’s the glitchiness of the map. I’ve actually respawned off the map, underwater and was rewarded with an instant suicide. I have never seen that happen on any other map.

At the very least, the incineration cannon needs to be moved somewhere with no line of sight to the railgun. I do think adding in a banshee (in the middle near the shotgun, or one at each base, though with a delayed spawn like the incineration cannon) would mitigate how the map always degenerates into fighting up the same freaking strip of land every time.

Settler is the only map that still requires map control. I love that I need to hold down the ridge to win the game. I love that I don’t have to worry about a bunch of kids running around in vehicles. It requires people to actually have skill.

Get rid of Active Camo and I wouldn’t have a single issue with this map. As it is it definitely caters towards abusing Camo and camping with a DMR/LR. As for playing CTF I would love this map more if the flags weren’t set up for even more camping, it’s aggravating to play a team where there’s always two or more players just camping their flag with Boltshots.

> Why is Settler still in the map rotations?

So I can complete my Shotgun commendation. I just love Shotgun Alley! I’ve had two killing frenzies just with the shotgun LOL. Just need 40 more kills and then I’m done with Settler. BTW, no AC involved!

The only reason I cannot stand it is that it gets picked as often as Exile did before it got a lower weighting and it’s on par with Ragnarok now. I only vote for Vortex/Meltdown/Longbow when I get a chance, and thankfully I will run into pockets of players who have the same mindset here and there, but I just wish that frequency was more often.

> Settler is the only map that still requires map control. I love that I need to hold down the ridge to win the game. I love that I don’t have to worry about a bunch of kids running around in vehicles. It requires people to actually have skill.

Vehicular Combat was a very important component of Big Team, if you just want to kill people without vehicles play Infinity Slayer. That’s why most people pick Big Team, large scale battles, most vehicles are on Big Team for that reason alone. Warthogs used to be an important part of harassing and map control because it was a fast moving vehicle. DMR and Active Camo destroy what could be a great map if it didn’t have derptarded spawns.

I played a game there yesterday spawned me right infront of an enemy player in open land, I had no cover and got DMR’d in about 2 seconds.

But other than that I think the map is alright, and its quite funny reading everyone opinion on this, as they are all different. What annoys some seems to not bother others. I have noticed people camping out to get the IC, but that just makes them easier targets. If I want an IC I’ll get the one that spawns in Vortex, thats one of the best Maps in BTB.