WHY is Rockets weak in this game??

WHY is the ROCKETS weak as ever in this game??? i swear man u can compare the sticky det against the rockets and in damage wise the sticky would win!!! thats a embarrassment to THE most powerful weapon in all of halo multiplayer!! i cannot help but realize how people have still not noticed this, yet alone rant about it on youtube videos and on forums

It’s about as hard to use as the Halo 3 rockets which pretty much nailed it in terms of the rocket launcher.

If by “explosive” You mean CE or Reach levels… I’m gonna have to disagree with you.

Whats your’re definition of weak.
Just shoot towards there feet.

Splash damage area definitely seems to be smaller when compared to Reach. I agree, the rockets do seem really weak and inconsistent but this doesn’t surprise me considering all the problems they’ve had with weapon balance. They probably overlooked the RL with all the changes they recently made.

> It’s about as hard to use as the Halo 3 rockets which pretty much nailed it in terms of the rocket launcher.
>
> If by “explosive” You mean CE or Reach levels… I’m gonna have to disagree with you.

im talking about by splash damage i guess… because the thing is weaker then a grenade… A GRENADE!!!

> Whats your’re definition of weak.
> Just shoot towards there feet.

wow, i dont mean to be mean but that answer was useless… you should know that there is a point in time where u cant shoot to the feet to kill your enemy, you may have to shoot to the wall…

Hang on, the Rocket Launcher is weak???
I have to disagree…

> It’s about as hard to use as the Halo 3 rockets which pretty much nailed it in terms of the rocket launcher.
>
> If by “explosive” You mean CE or Reach levels… I’m gonna have to disagree with you.

i mean by “area of effect, or i guess explosive” its weak as hell…

> Hang on, the Rocket Launcher is weak???
> I have to disagree…

then explain… why is sticky detonator stronger, i feel more relaxed with that then i do with the rockets… not like that in reach and i did not like reach, when i had the rockets in reach, im more then happy to at least get a triple or killtac…

my only gripe with them is they travel to slow!

> my only gripe with them is they travel to slow!

i never noticed a problem with that, and btw… it IS a rocket launcher… i mean… it makes sense that it is huge a hell to carry over your shoulder

> > Hang on, the Rocket Launcher is weak???
> > I have to disagree…
>
> then explain… why is sticky detonator stronger, i feel more relaxed with that then i do with the rockets… not like that in reach and i did not like reach, when i had the rockets in reach, im more then happy to at least get a triple or killtac…

The Det is NOT stronger and I feel it’s quite inconsistent.
What part do you feel is weak?

I get doubles and triples with the rockets alot on H4.

I personally think that the rocket (and even the railgun) should -Yoink- up vehicles… but don’t. A direct rocket to a warthog should wreck said warthog.

> Splash damage area definitely seems to be smaller when compared to Reach.

There’s one good thing about H4.

If only the Fuel Rod Cannon could receive the same treatment… (not damage reduction, just a reduced blast range)

> then explain… why is sticky detonator stronger, <mark>i feel more relaxed with that then i do with the rockets…</mark> not like that in reach and i did not like reach, when i had the rockets in reach, im more then happy to at least get a triple or killtac…

Maybe you’re just better with the Sticky Det than the RL? I mean I gotta disagree with your whole premise: the RL does major damage. Had a good run with one a few days ago on Exile - grabbed the one by the bridge and had a Triple Kill, Double Kill and two singles before empty. And I’m not even that good!

> my only gripe with them is they travel to slow!

OP: You are asking me if the Rocket should be how strong it used to be? In Halo 2 (As I remember) and 3 at least the rocket, had both slower bullet travel time and less splash damage than the one in Halo 4. The one in Halo 4 is terribly easy to use, and if they were to do something about it, it should be made harder to use making the bullet travel time slower.

The Halo 4 rocket is such a beast because of two reasons; sprint and to cater to beginners. In Halo 3 and 2 players weren’t guaranteed a kill when having the rockets, but in Halo 4, most of the times they are.

dremora ven0m: What?

I always thought they were the most powerful in the series, except perhaps for CE…

movement speed is faster so you feel the rockets are weaker.

> <mark>WHY is the ROCKETS weak as ever in this game??? i swear man u can compare the sticky det against the rockets and in damage wise the sticky would win!!!</mark> thats a embarrassment to THE most powerful weapon in all of halo multiplayer!! i cannot help but realize how people have still not noticed this, yet alone rant about it on youtube videos and on forums

That, is a major understatement.
The rockets splash damage in this game is ridiculous. The sticky detonator is the the one that is weak. Do you want me to make video proof of this?

> > <mark>WHY is the ROCKETS weak as ever in this game??? i swear man u can compare the sticky det against the rockets and in damage wise the sticky would win!!!</mark> thats a embarrassment to THE most powerful weapon in all of halo multiplayer!! i cannot help but realize how people have still not noticed this, yet alone rant about it on youtube videos and on forums
>
> That, is a major understatement.
> The rockets splash damage in this game is ridiculous. The sticky detonator is the the one that is weak. Do you want me to make video proof of this?

go ahead, please do and btw if sticky det not good enough… how about you throw a regular frag and a rocket and have someone test it out for you… and NOT just from aiming it directly at them, aim it at them a few feet away from the enemy