Why is recruit armor called recruit?

I mean i’ve been playing halo since CE so it feels weird that im getting this as a bonus for the LE. It looks awesome and i’ll still wear it of course.

I get what you mean, when i first heard it i was like, “Well that doesn’t sound badass at all”

Yeah, I don’t know why they chose that name for the armor. To be honest the armor doesn’t really look that special. It’s still a nice armor though.

Probably the Recruit armor is related to the campaign. We may have Recruit(Starters)Spartan IV’s aiding us…

Perhaps its designated for S-IV’s in training? Might have higher end tech or better equipment than standard or “normal” Mk.7 so the trainies will have an easier time getting used to being in Spartan armor during a real combat situation. Seeing that some of the armors in Wargames have a specialization or designation (i.e. Scout), they may be practicing with the better armor based on what they specialize in. The two S-IV’s accompanying chief in the campaign are wearing it, and maybe it is their first real combat situation while using the armor. The female S-IV using Scout (seen in a few trailers) seems to be a veteran in the Spartan program and is already well experienced in Mk.7 or earlier versions of MJOLNIR.

I always thought it was named that because it looked like the Default Armor in Reach (at least to me). Anyways, Rookies/Recruits are always better than silly Ultra Elite Master Ultra Pwner Of The Army Ranked Spartans.

> <mark>I mean i’ve been playing halo since CE</mark> so it feels weird that im getting this as a bonus for the LE. It looks awesome and i’ll still wear it of course.

What does that have to do with anything?

Why is GUNGNIR called GUNGNIR?

Not trying to be a complete smart -Yoink- or anything, but you can never really know exactly why armor is called whatever it’s called unless it absolutly has to do with what it was made for. Just be glad we have another nice peice of armor for customization in Halo 4. You don’t have to question it, so don’t look too far into it, just be happy it exists and looks epic.