Why is Reach such a trade fest?!

Snipers, DMRs, melee, grenades, where does it stop?!

Trade-When both players in a duel die because of simultaneous shots/melees.

The reason I bring it up is that Bungie did mention ideas to reduce the trades. But in my eyes, melee trades stayed the same, while gun trades actually started happening.

Yeah these trade-offs are much more common in Reach. Grifball comes to mind when I think of it, as it almost never happened in Halo 3. The only time I remember it happening in Halo 3 was during those AR Deathcharges.

The game is a poor excuse for a Halo game at this time.

Please wait for the TU where they will add CE-esque multiplayer that’s actually decently competitive.

> Snipers, DMRs, melee, grenades, where does it stop?!
>
> Trade-When both players in a duel die because of simultaneous shots/melees.
>
> The reason I bring it up is that Bungie did mention ideas to reduce the trades. But in my eyes, melee trades stayed the same, while gun trades actually started happening.

So what? So both players pulled the trigger at the same time, big deal. Next time they can hope they’re more accurate than the other guy.

> So what? So both players pulled the trigger at the same time, big deal. Next time they can hope they’re more accurate than the other guy.

with the bloom mechanics and kill windows in a netcode as well made as this games’ theres little excuse for being killed after you’ve killed the guy who you were dueling with.

double pummels and slow kill times make this game pretty much a dice throw as the DMR and NR kill to slowly to make individual skill more effective than teamwork, two players canceling each other out hurts more than it helps as theres now a gap in map control.

it’s irritating to have a sniper rifle and have nine seconds to no scope a guy and you wind up killing each other cause all he did was spam.

It’s lag compensation- everybody’s position and movement is extrapolated on each xbox, since there’s packet loss and other problems pretty fundamental in playing games over the interwebs. That’s why people who are lagging out look like they’re walking into walls -the last packet your box received said player was at X,Y walking in V direction- so it shows that player doing that until it hears differently (like the ‘true’ position and direction, or a total lag out).

Essentially, there’s enough fuzziness in the system that anything really close is basically up in the air, so instead of the host’s xbox making a coin toss as to who won, it just kills both. I think it’s better than the coin toss, personally, which is just too random. BTW, in Halo 2 the host had a huge advantage since it would just give it to the host player (since his was the most accessible/trustworthy position data).

Let’s see, I can make a list, melee, DMR, snipers, grenades, swords, shotguns, magnums in incredibly rare cases, rockets, spartan lasers, plasma launchers, grav hammers, fuel rod guns, needle rifles, falling damage. Man, there are a lot of ways to trade-off kills.