why is reach so ...dead?

everyone plays zombies? why? what is so awesome about zombies? my braiiiiiins cannot comprehend. make it stop!

Reach is far from dead, it is the sixth most played game on Xbox LIVE right now and hits 100k players at peak times on weekdays and higher than that on weekends.

For commendations and it’s easy to get a lot of kills, so people can brag about their not so deserved high k/d ratio.

i didn’t really mean it like that … i just ment what is up with the extreme zombie love and really people are boosting k/d in zombies? what if you get zombie 3 times b/c we all know how wonky that is. your k/d gets rocked. unless you hide which is no fun…silly silly people. if you really wanna zombie go custom game…how is it so popular?

Lol, I get it. (Title is a pun)
I dunno. I do know that everyone and their brother knows what a zombie is.

> Reach is far from dead, it is the sixth most played game on Xbox LIVE right now and hits 100k players at peak times on weekdays and higher than that on weekends.

Jumping to conclusions like a baus bro? The title is a pun.

> everyone plays zombies? why? what is so awesome about zombies? my braiiiiiins cannot comprehend. make it stop!

LOL Its fun but Im not sure, I haven’t played Reach in a while, its either Halo 3 or Gears 3 for me

> i didn’t really mean it like that … i just ment what is up with the extreme zombie love

I feel like an idiot for missing the pun now :stuck_out_tongue:

Zombies is one of those, well, easy things for the new players to play, while it is easy for older & more experienced players to get their stats up.

It’s not love…it’s practice. People want to be ready for when the world ends in a zombie apocalypse. The halo zombies are good if they end up being quick and agile instead of slow and really stupid.

ok so end of the world solved…we all need shotguns and magnums…i’d still rather a dmr…

> ok so end of the world solved…we all need shotguns and magnums…i’d still rather a dmr…

target locator…some spartan armour would help too. back on topic, people like shotguns?

> > ok so end of the world solved…we all need shotguns and magnums…i’d still rather a dmr…
>
> target locator…some spartan armour would help too. back on topic, people like shotguns?

We need Armour Lock too.

i agree instead of zombies, i vote shotgun assault and shotgun ctf only playlist! make it so 343…

The current map selections have raised the skill bar significantly. My opinion on why it is so popular for the most part can be attributed to the gametype which has a unique dynamic to it, one that does not exist in any other playlist in Reach.

I could go into more detail, but to be honest, on forums for Reach it usually ends up being a waste of time with your average response being something close to the following;

“Only 7 year old BK noobs play LD, that playlist is trash and so is everyone who plays it.”

Welcome to Waypoint OP =)

Same reason why COD is the most popular game.

There was actually a thread started by someone that they play living dead because team slayer is too hard, which is fine by me. At least their supporting halo.

thx for the welcome to waypoint i had been waiting for one of thos forever! but any way if people are looking for unique or different gametypes…action sack or to blow your mind even further juggernaut playlist…i just dont understand its crazy long staying power people have been all about it since halo2 (maybe haloce didn’t have file share back then never saw it). how does its’ population consistaintly beat everything? there has to be a better zombie game some place? this is halo? im so confused…it has to just be a ton of bots bungie put in to make it look like tons of ppl play…

> Reach is far from dead, it is the sixth most played game on Xbox LIVE right now and hits 100k players at peak times on weekdays and higher than that on weekends.

Dead compared to other Halo games.

Because Infection is so fun, I enjoooooooy it, it always makes me laugh.

Reach is fifth!
OT: I wish less people played zombies as well. I barely play it now, I preferred it more as a weekend playlist, because when it showed up I was actually excited to play it. Unfortunately, its not fair to the people who truly enjoy zombies to say, “look sorry, but your playlist is to casual bro.”

Because its popular with 9 year olds