Why is no one talking about Spectator mode?

Spectator mode was apparently a pretty big thing added into halo 5. Actually makes lots of things a whole lot easier and more fun, let us talk about these said things.

• ClansIt makes hearing about raids a whole lot more fun! Lets say if i hear about a raid going on and find the person and spectate i can give information about people and there position and obviously this would only apply to people stupid enough to leave it on.

• Pro tournaments
    Now we really dont have to watch Laggy twitch. WE CAN JUST SPECTATE ON THEIR GAME. Makes it a whole lot easier and more fun to just go on Halo 5 see Ninja HCS or Heinz Jr playing a tournament and clicking the spectate button to watch whats going on.

• Tournaments you are hosting yourself.
    Wanna watch the games to see whats going on? If everything is ship shape? Well now you dont have to be in the game! Just hire a bunch of people, put them into positions and assign them to certain games and make them spectate to know things are going great!

• Waiting to join a lobby for 8’s?
    Same as tournaments and such

So yeah opens up a list of cool things to do! HALO 5 has variety guys :slight_smile:

In case you didn’t know this, spectator mode isn’t in real time. Its like Twitch, there’s a 10 sec difference between the game and when you’re watching. (not sure about the 10 sec part but its in there somewhere :P)

> 2533274970658419;2:
> In case you didn’t know this, spectator mode isn’t in real time. Its like Twitch, there’s a 10 sec difference between the game and when you’re watching. (not sure about the 10 sec part but its in there somewhere :P)

its a few minute difference. At least in the beta it was.

Anyway OP no one is talking about it because its something the community has wanted for a long time. It was done really well in the beta, so no complaints.

> 2533274970658419;2:
> In case you didn’t know this, spectator mode isn’t in real time. Its like Twitch, there’s a 10 sec difference between the game and when you’re watching. (not sure about the 10 sec part but its in there somewhere :P)

Still a nice feature, nonetheless.

Sorry that i was unable to post i was banned Everything explained here

> 2533274887515153;3:
> > 2533274970658419;2:
> > In case you didn’t know this, spectator mode isn’t in real time. Its like Twitch, there’s a 10 sec difference between the game and when you’re watching. (not sure about the 10 sec part but its in there somewhere :P)
>
>
> its a few minute difference. At least in the beta it was.
>
> Anyway OP no one is talking about it because its something the community has wanted for a long time. It was done really well in the beta, so no complaints.

It was only a 30 seconds delay.

The delay is there to prevent cheating.

The spectator mode was fairly fine. And had minor problems but it worked fairly fine. And a delay is there for a reason, to prevent cheating.

Though somthing that I’d like to change with it is it’s UI. It’s basically just a theatre mode ripoff in the way it functions and all and it’s a real downer (for me at least) and it gives fairly little info about the game.

It’d be amazing if we could press SELECT (the three striped button on the controller) and then we see the teams on the right with their stats like kills, assists, deaths and shield % and on the left we have a top-down view on the map where we see the players as dots with their names on the top. And the dots are of course color directed so red dots = red team for example. And in that little manu we can click on a player and see their current game stats like favourite weapon, medals etc and then move on to that players 1st/3rd person view, maybe even a free mode of the view.

If someone is using the spectate feature to watch my game, do i get an alert or anything to let me know? if not, is there a way to find out who is or has been watching?

> 2533274970658419;2:

> 2533274843610258;8:
> If someone is using the spectate feature to watch my game, do i get an alert or anything to let me know? if not, is there a way to find out who is or has been watching?

The guys in my spartan company whose games I occasionally spectate have no idea that I’m there until I send them a party invite and tell them I’m watching. And there is no way that I know to find out after the fact about people spectating your matches.

I did not know this was possible!

it’s very popular in counter strike, glad 343 knows what the people want

Is there no way to opt out of Spectate and with no LAN available ? I personally use Spectate to simply improve from better players and have learned A LOT from watching better players.

> 2533274970658419;2:

This is what annoys me about the feature and keeps me from really liking it so far.

The reason why they won’t do Spectator mode in Warzone is because the Textures are terrible!. In a distance characters are missing frames and floating around the map. Yes the game is still fun but the game/graphics engine is admittedly almost free to play.

It’s cool, but hardly game-changing or innovating. Not a huge deal. Great addition for competitive sports, though.

Its a neat addition, but it’s kinda weird as you are viewing video of the match? Maybe I’m just spectating to late to catch it live… i dunno.