Why is matchmaking creating mismatched teams?

I’m not even talking about skill level or rank here. I mean this and this. Both of those game modes REQUIRE evenly matched teams in order to work, and as you can see, I obviously lost both of those games. Those were both just from this afternoon. Nobody quit those games, they began mismatched. In Halo 3 I used to get into matches sometimes where it’d match 3 v 3 instead of 4 v 4, but why on god’s green earth would the matchmaking system START a game when 1 team has more players than the other? Not to mention, one of those games was in Doubles. Doesn’t the name of the playlist imply it’s supposed to be 2 people to a team?? -_-

It may be that the person dashboarded. ZaedynFel, if you have a minute, why does this happen? This is frustrating and happens to all of us.

You’re not the only one. Yesterday I played probably 10 SWAT matches and lost them all because my teams were lacking in skill. I only had one bad game, but the rest of my team, and I can legitimately say that it was my team’s fault (they’d quit early, they’d have such a poor K/D that it would make stormtroopers look good). I’ve no problem getting a poor team every so often, I get that that happens, but this was consistent throughout the entire day yesterday.

Yes, this happens when:

• There are 8 ready to go - Match starts to load - People quit, which can be done a few ways even during loading.Working out some mitigation right now, so it’s less punishing if you leave those types of games.

> 2533274839818445;4:
> Yes, this happens when:
> - There are 8 ready to go - Match starts to load - People quit, which can be done a few ways even during loading.Working out some mitigation right now, so it’s less punishing if you leave those types of games.

Thank you!!!

> 2533274839818445;4:
> - There are 8 ready to go - Match starts to load - People quit, which can be done a few ways even during loading.Working out some mitigation right now, so it’s less punishing if you leave those types of games.

I think punishment for losing AND quitting these matches should be null altogether. Both of these games today caused me to derank to the next lowest level which is simply unfair. The game looked at it as though I performed poorly when it wasn’t my fault to begin with. I didn’t realize people still dashboarded since it’s not as easy as it was on the 360. Pressing home, a, menu, scroll to quit seems to be pretty tedious just to not go into a match.

> 2533274832376620;6:
> > 2533274839818445;4:
> > Yes, this happens when:
> > - There are 8 ready to go - Match starts to load - People quit, which can be done a few ways even during loading.ChecWorking out some mitigation right now, so it’s less punishing if you leave those types of games.
>
> I think punishment for losing AND quitting these matches should be null altogether. Both of these games today caused me to derank to the next lowest level which is simply unfair. The game looked at it as though I performed poorly when it wasn’t my fault to begin with. I didn’t realize people still dashboarded since it’s not as easy as it was on the 360. Pressing home, a, menu, scroll to quit seems to be pretty tedious just to not go into a match.

Check out the matchmaking forum for updates. He is working on mitigation likely to make it’s way into H6.

People sometimes leave when loading is complete :confused: happens to me every now and then.

> 2533274839818445;4:

Awesome.

Just please don’t bring back 3v3 matches for any of these fixes.
They play completely different, it might as well be a whole different playlist.

They also play incredibly slow & boring since the gametypes aren’t designed around 3v3, and often end up even more of a blow-out than 3v4 games (sounds impossible, but the psychology of the situation drastically changes how people play).

> 2533274839818445;4:

Thanks for all the work you’re putting in, many appreciate it!