WHY IS IT CALLED THE BRUTE PLASMA RIFLE?

I’m just wondering why the Brute Plasma Rifle is called such when the Elites were the ones who were first seen with it. I get that the color is red instead of purp but that doesn’t mean there’s going to be an Elite Plasma Rifle? It may sound stupid but we need to give the Elites some credit right?

Because that plasma rifle is manufactured by brutes…

> 2533274855425226;1:
> I’m just wondering why the Brute Plasma Rifle is called such when the Elites were the ones who were first seen with it. I get that the color is red instead of purp but that doesn’t mean there’s going to be an Elite Plasma Rifle? It may sound stupid but we need to give the Elites some credit right?

this is your first halo isn’t it

The Brute’s version was designed to fit their needs back in Halo 2, and was made to behave differently from the base Plasma Rifle.

> 2533274855425226;1:
> I’m just wondering why the Brute Plasma Rifle is called such when the Elites were the ones who were first seen with it. I get that the color is red instead of purp but that doesn’t mean there’s going to be an Elite Plasma Rifle? It may sound stupid but we need to give the Elites some credit right?

Halopedia Article on Brute PR

It was created by brutes…

the sangheili “elites of the covenant” have replaced the plasma rifle with the storm rifle.

of course sangheili is the word for elites, not just those of the covenant.

> 2533274973957410;2:
> Because that plasma rifle is manufactured by brutes…

There’s so much lore in Halo, that can be easily pulled off as a weapons manufacturing facility map for a story add-on (on Halo 5).
Also, because Firefight. And new guns. New guns in Firefight. And hogs. HOGWILD. And Firefight. heh.

The brutes used the red one and the elites used the BLUE (not purple) one in Halo 2

Because the Brute Plasma Rifle was created by the brutes. The Elites built the standard plasma rifle to be accurate & to have a well balanced steady aim. If you had never played Halo 2 or the earlier Halo games like CE, 3, or ODST, but mostly Halo 2, you can pick up the standard plasma rifle & brute plasma rifle, that is when you can tell why they are different, one is more accurate & can keep its balanced, the other has rapid fire on it which is the brute plasma rifle which is less accurate. The brutes made it so they could have a weapon that had rapid fire & shoot at a faster rate than the elites. The elites replaced their plasma rifle for the storm rifle as it could disable shields & kill at a faster rate than the brute plasma rifle & standard plasma rifle. But safe to say, it was created by the brutes I have plenty of reasons why they call it the brute plasma rifles.