Why is Halo 5 so frustrating?

I used to enjoy it a lot, but now I can’t have a good time playing in any playlist. There are so many things that make this game so frustrating that I don’t even know where to start.

Details would be good

Around, oh, December 25th you may get more easy games…some people will still buy the game (more likely the console) and flux the n00b population

A lot of the frustration could be that the player base has gotten better. Halo 5 lost the majority of the player base in MM (even compared to Halo 4). However, the ones that stuck around have only gotten better. It seems to have fewer players, but players that spam lots of games and truly enjoy it.

When you come in new or rusty, it can be a rough go.

For those with busy lives, and aren’t able to play daily or consistently H5 can be pretty brutal. Especially as the game is nearly 2 yrs old, the players that are left will be very skilled and practiced. I also feel pretty stressed out when playing WZ, it’s like you always have to be at your best and there’s no room for error. Otherwise you end up being trapped in your base.

I can only handle a few games at a time; I seem to always match against players with skills far better than mine…Thats what it seems like.

Just play social playlists with a team if you want matches where you can just relax. I suggest the Halo 3 playlist.

H3 playlist is a sweat fest for a lot of games if you’re a skilled player so you pretty much have to play like crap on purpose for a lot of games if you don’t want sweaty opponents due to the MMR changes.

For the OP, my advice would be to take a break from the game.

When ever has Halo not been a frustrating game? Yeah, sure, everything that everyone has said in response has been true, but if there’s an implication here that this is a new phenomenon then I would have to disagree. Every Halo has been three years of frustration followed by heated anticipation for the next game and then… more frustration. There are research Universities with hundreds of mazes filled with thousands of hungry rats who are less frustrated than I am. I’m only glad to hear that I’m not alone.

The only frustration I get from the game are the randoms I get matched with.

> 2533274843634673;7:
> Just play social playlists with a team if you want matches where you can just relax. I suggest the Halo 3 playlist.

Heh. Ha! Haha ha!
Oh, wait… is he serious? Halo 3 and ‘relax’ literally have nothing in common, and now that I can play Halo 4 and CE again I haven’t been back to Halo 5, but is the Halo 3 playlist relaxing? 'Cause if so… dang, they must have screwed up and based it off the wrong game.

> 2535427648248832;11:
> > 2533274843634673;7:
> > Just play social playlists with a team if you want matches where you can just relax. I suggest the Halo 3 playlist.
>
> Heh. Ha! Haha ha!
> Oh, wait… is he serious? Halo 3 and ‘relax’ literally have nothing in common, and now that I can play Halo 4 and CE again I haven’t been back to Halo 5, but is the Halo 3 playlist relaxing? 'Cause if so… dang, they must have screwed up and based it off the wrong game.

The only reason I suggest that playlist is because it’s the featured playlist and those tend to attract the new players in H5. Also it’s a nice break from the rest of H5 for those who don’t feel like actually playing one of the older games. There’s no reason I can’t relax while playing any specific playlist or Halo game.

What exactly is it you don’t like about the game?

Title: Why is Halo 5 is so frustrating

Imo: People Take Social, Warzone & Ranked way too seriously, and I think this is what Op is going on about

Because it has spartan charge in it and the servers are brutal

> 2533274944882125;1:
> I used to enjoy it a lot, but now I can’t have a good time playing in any playlist. There are so many things that make this game so frustrating that I don’t even know where to start.

If you listed those things that make you frustrated that might help feedback on this thread.

> 2533274875328566;16:
> > 2533274944882125;1:
> > I used to enjoy it a lot, but now I can’t have a good time playing in any playlist. There are so many things that make this game so frustrating that I don’t even know where to start.
>
> If you listed those things that make you frustrated that might help feedback on this thread.

Don’t bother. This is this kid’s m.o. Makes a thread with a vague random statement. Never returns to thread to partake in discussion. Starts another thread.

You’ll notice he made another very similar one already.

> 2533274863544717;17:
> > 2533274875328566;16:
> > > 2533274944882125;1:
> > > I used to enjoy it a lot, but now I can’t have a good time playing in any playlist. There are so many things that make this game so frustrating that I don’t even know where to start.
> >
> > If you listed those things that make you frustrated that might help feedback on this thread.
>
> Don’t bother. This is this kid’s m.o. Makes a thread with a vague random statement. Never returns to thread to partake in discussion. Starts another thread.
>
> You’ll notice he made another very similar one already.

He needs to get the ban hammer on forums

> 2533274863544717;17:
> > 2533274875328566;16:
> > > 2533274944882125;1:
> > > I used to enjoy it a lot, but now I can’t have a good time playing in any playlist. There are so many things that make this game so frustrating that I don’t even know where to start.
> >
> > If you listed those things that make you frustrated that might help feedback on this thread.
>
> Don’t bother. This is this kid’s m.o. Makes a thread with a vague random statement. Never returns to thread to partake in discussion. Starts another thread.
>
> You’ll notice he made another very similar one already.

Yeah I just read it, it talks about the same thing but written differently, honestly feels like he’s just making a rant

I consider myself a competent gamer but in no way am I amazing. Occasionally I’ll do something awesome, and I’ll think to myself “You know, maybe I’m not too bad at this here Halo thin-” before being no scope headshotted from a mile away by a level 180 Spartan.

I do get really frustrated, especially when enemy teammates are completely destroying your team, and they all leave because it’s too much trouble, and then you’re left alone against 4 players who will literally show you no mercy because why would they…?

One thing I hate though is when said four enemy players will endlessly -Yoink!- you, as if it was some sort of a challenge. That’s just kind of immature and rude. I’m all for friendly competition, but when they start to brag and humiliate, it’s just not really fun anymore.

So in a situation like that I know I’m not gonna win, so I try to play it sneaky and get a few kills, then run and hide again. It’s genuinely very frustrating, but you got to remember it’s just a game, so it ultimately doesn’t really matter. Some of these people have skills and reflexes that are so far beyond yours that you will never be capable of reaching a similar level. Of course you can always observe and try and practise a little to improve.

In times of trouble, I remember those infamous words;

“Only… It’s only game, why you heff to be mad?”