Why is Halo 5 rated "T"?

Why is Halo 5 rated Teen? It’s a serious question. With the total absence of drugs, cursing and -Yoink!- in all previous Halo games, I’ve always wondered what part of their content warranted an “M” rating? Violence maybe? Our avatars stay “intact” when they are killed–no over the top gore–so it can’t be that. Now Halo 5 is rated “T”. I don’t get it. MP is way more brutal than ever with those crazy @$$ assassinations…There’s actually some blood in the animations. There’s also a heavy emphasis on literally pounding your enemies to death. I mean, Spartans are technically humans killing other humans…albeit in a simulation*. Just wondering what’s so different to get the new rating.

*are the knives, bullets and explosives part of the holographic simulation? How do you simulate killing with real weapons? Hmmm…

The flood aren’t in the game, and Cortana is a little more “clothed”
I really don’t know why Halo 5 is T. Mabye the ESRB realized it’s not really fit for an M rating. The times are changing, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the T rating is a little more lenient.

Look at how terrible GTA 5 is, it has blood, drugs, -Yoink!-, and nudity! but we still see thousands of kids playing it anyways!

Wait halo 5 is teen well it does have less blood then older halo’s and cortana has some clothes.that’s really surprising though I’ve never noticed

> 2535430770106579;4:
> Wait halo 5 is teen well it does have less blood then older halo’s and cortana has some clothes.that’s really surprising though I’ve never noticed

RIGHT!!!

Who care about rating!? Seriously!? Just make it awesome and don’t hold back 343!

> 2535430770106579;4:
> Wait halo 5 is teen well it does have less blood then older halo’s and cortana has some clothes.that’s really surprising though I’ve never noticed

I think H5 has MORE blood and violence than previous games yet it has a milder rating than its predecessors. The whole rating system is arbitrary and subjective.

> 2533274867519109;6:
> > 2535430770106579;4:
> > Wait halo 5 is teen well it does have less blood then older halo’s and cortana has some clothes.that’s really surprising though I’ve never noticed
>
>
> I think H5 has MORE blood and violence than previous games yet it has a milder rating than its predecessors. The whole rating system is arbitrary and subject

More Violence??? How is it any more or less to you?

Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:

Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
Halo 4: Blood, Violence
I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.

Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…

> 2533274819302824;8:
> Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:
>
> Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
> Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
> Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
> Halo 4: Blood, Violence
> I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.
>
> Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…

This video explains.

Ratings don’t even matter so who really cares. Sorry if it hurts your manhood playing a “teen” game. But face it Halo never deserved a M rating any ways.

Lack of custom games and forge. The suppression of creativity always lowers the rating.

So they have a larger audience to sell to. Yes, I can see executives at 343 industries , the heck with all these kids they have no buying power , or do they? Parents are more willing to throw money at the kids and actually talk to them . So yes they do !

> 2533274805197327;7:
> > 2533274867519109;6:
> > > 2535430770106579;4:
> > > Wait halo 5 is teen well it does have less blood then older halo’s and cortana has some clothes.that’s really surprising though I’ve never noticed
> >
> >
> > I think H5 has MORE blood and violence than previous games yet it has a milder rating than its predecessors. The whole rating system is arbitrary and subject
>
>
> More Violence??? How is it any more or less to you?

It’s more to me for the reasons on my first post.

> 2533274816788253;10:
> Ratings don’t even matter so who really cares. Sorry if it hurts your manhood playing a “teen” game. But face it Halo never deserved a M rating any ways.

Lol it doesn’t. My favorite all-time game is Ecco the Dolphin for Sega Genesis–not exactly made for kids, but it’s not a meathead Splatterhouse game either. Halo CE is a close second. And I totally agree with your last statement.

> 2533274852614319;12:
> So they have a larger audience to sell to. Yes, I can see executives at 343 industries , the heck with all these kids they have no buying power , or do they? Parents are more willing to throw money at the kids and actually talk to them . So yes they do !

WRONG!!! Parents buy kids games regardless of their content so they don’t have to deal with them. Bet they can’t wait till AI nannies are released for Windows and iOS.

> 2535465515137096;9:
> > 2533274819302824;8:
> > Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:
> >
> > Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
> > Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
> > Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
> > Halo 4: Blood, Violence
> > I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.
> >
> > Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…
>
>
> This video explains.

:thinking:Hmmm…not sure if video is deleted or troll link…

> 2533274819302824;8:
> Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:
>
> Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
> Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
> Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
> Halo 4: Blood, Violence
> I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.
>
> Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…

Yea, it’s because of the Floods. (It’s about mutilate zombies I guess)

I think the better question is, why does anyone care? COD and GTA are both rated “M” Doesn’t stop kids from playing it. The real reason Halo 1-4 was rated “M” was because of the Flood and Cortana’s excessive nudity in H4. (and I guess Reach was… Blood & Gore?)

> 2533274867519109;16:
> > 2535465515137096;9:
> > > 2533274819302824;8:
> > > Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:
> > >
> > > Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
> > > Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
> > > Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
> > > Halo 4: Blood, Violence
> > > I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.
> > >
> > > Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…
> >
> >
> > This video explains.
>
>
> :thinking:Hmmm…not sure if video is deleted or troll link…

Uhhh… The link works…

> 2533274918446511;19:
> > 2533274867519109;16:
> > > 2535465515137096;9:
> > > > 2533274819302824;8:
> > > > Too lazy to dig out my Halo games to verify, but according to ESRB’s website:
> > > >
> > > > Halo Ce: Blood and Gore, Violence
> > > > Halo 2: Blood and Gore, Language, Violence (Vista version says Partial Nudity as well)
> > > > Halo 3: Blood and Gore, Mild Language, Violence
> > > > Halo 4: Blood, Violence
> > > > I think it’s safe then to say the only reason gore was ever a factor was because of the Flood. Doesn’t exactly explain why Halo 4 was rated M, I guess ESRB was just keeping up with tradition at the time.
> > > >
> > > > Personally don’t feel like Halo ever truly deserved an M rating in the first place. Nothing about it really feels inappropriate for teens. At least not in relation to other M-rated games like Postal 2…
> > >
> > >
> > > This video explains.
> >
> >
> > :thinking:Hmmm…not sure if video is deleted or troll link…
>
>
> Uhhh… The link works…

The composer? I don’t get it. If you’re telling me people being vaporized into smoldering skeletons is naughty, I heartily disagree. If that’s the case, I’ll have to start shielding my son’s eyes when there’s an X-ray panel or anatomy model around.