Why is Halo 2 (PC) the red-headed step-child?

It’s not part of Halo Waypoint, not part of the “combined gamerscore” on this sites profile - why is it always excluded?

It got shut down and there aren’t enough people playing it anymore.

H2PC was crappy by design, vista only, poor support, even if had mod tools there doesnt seem to be a big amount of them compared to Halo:CE as all Halo modders are all working on Halo:CE nowadays… so yeah H2PC is bad but it’s fine if you just want to play the campaign on your PC with better graphics, too bad there’s H2A now, so H2PC has no interest at all if you have an xboxone…

H2V is actually still active, its multiplayer servers are still up and achievements are still available. It’s more that most people have forgotten about it.

You know not what you speak son. Halo 2 Vista, aka Halo 2 PC, is not shut down.

Currently speaking, playing Xbox Games on the PC, aka Games For Windows Live, does not require an Xbox Live subscription; thus Microsoft do not make as much money off of each [multiplayer enabled] game sale on the PC versus the Xbox.

The game itself made use of Windows 6.x advanced memory architecture for one campaign level, thus it required Win Vista (the first Windows OS with Direct-X 10) and the hardware to run such a setup. Games for Windows Live, which is required to play the game online, also requires Vista (the first of the 6.x line), so of course it requires Windows Vista or higher. Yes, it could be modified to run on XP, but not completely through campaign nor would there be any multiplayer, which is the main draw of paying for Live after all. Anyone who argues the point doesn’t understand this.

The game runs on Windows Vista, Win Server 2008, Win Server 2008 R2, Win 7, Win 7 SP1, Win 8, & Win 8.1 (32-bit & 64-Bit versions). What are you still running Windows XP? Yeah, I thought not. 2001 says hello BTW.

Personally, I mod Halo 2 PC because its more difficult and less explored/exploited. The engine itself has a lot more potential for sure, I just wish they would release a newer Halo on the PC so we could get to playing/mapping/modding that one as well.

So if I bought halo 2 vista today could I play it online and get the achievements? Would my stats show up on halo waypoint?

Because it was a test…

idk thats a good question.

Halo 2 vista stats won’t link to halo gamer score. Wish it would as I got a few out there.

Cause its bungie and pc. the two dont mix

If that red headed step child looks like Bryce Dallas Howard, gimme a piece of that action any day! And FYI: H2PC is beautiful too.

> 2533274889109019;10:
> Cause its bungie and pc. the two dont mix

What about the original Halo PC? Ever hear of Halo Custom Edition?? Probably not… How depressing.

> 2533275034118914;4:
> H2V is actually still active, its multiplayer servers are still up and achievements are still available. It’s more that most people have forgotten about it.

Its servers got shut down in 2013

> 2535450760090282;12:
> > 2533274889109019;10:
> > Cause its bungie and pc. the two dont mix
>
>
> What about the original Halo PC? Ever hear of Halo Custom Edition?? Probably not… How depressing.

I love it how some people don’t know that Halo was Bungies first Console game. Before then they where ONLY Mac and PC. So they do mix, very well.

> 2533274889109019;10:
> Cause its bungie and pc. the two dont mix

Halo was Bungies first console game, before then they were exclusive to Mac and PC.

> 2533274849696884;6:
> So if I bought halo 2 vista today could I play it online and get the achievements? Would my stats show up on halo waypoint?

Nope servers are down

> 2535413364534857;15:
> > 2533274889109019;10:
>
>
> Halo was Bungies first console game, before then they were exclusive to Mac and PC.

http://ps2media.ign.com/media/news/image/ps2ads/oni_ad1.jpg hey how’s it goin

Can halo 2 vista still be played? Do I need a physical copy? I’d like to try it out but I don’t know how to get it…

so sad :c

> 2535450760090282;12:
> > 2533274889109019;10:
>
>
> What about the original Halo PC? Ever hear of Halo Custom Edition?? Probably not… How depressing.

I use custom edition as well!