Why is "Guardians" in the title?

In complete honesty this just occured to me and I don’t understand why it’s part of the title. Has 343i said why? I generally assume it has to do with the plot, but I don’t get why it has to essentially be advertised in the title of the game. It’s not a big deal, I’m not even complaining, it just seems weird to me.

So they can transition away from numbered titles. Call of Duty style.

Because they want to rip off of Destiny to be like Bungie.

Also because they want to get rid of numbers to be like CoD

Or maybe they’re doing it Assassin Creed style.

Call of Duty really has it good. They can do whatever stuff they like, and then their competitor’s fanbase get upset when they do something like them.

> 2533274964189700;4:
> Or maybe they’re doing it Assassin Creed style.
>
> Call of Duty really has it good. They can do whatever stuff they like, and then their competitor’s fanbase get upset when they do something like them.

Point is, this a trend that is pretty standard for a game that has a lot of sequels, a game called Halo 8 is just going to look weird.

I don’t know though, I try to meet a lot of these people midway and get some compromise in, but when people start going “Now they’re stealing Call of Duty’s numbering style” I feel like I may be on the Onion. In arguments, Call of Duty is the World of Warcraft of shooters and it’s really setting me off inside.

> 2533274801769279;2:
> So they can transition away from numbered titles. Call of Duty style.

What the hell?
How about like just about every franchise that goes past 3 numbered games?

I think it is an homage to old school Halos’ “Killed by the Guardians”

> 2533274818308770;3:
> Because they want to rip off of Destiny to be like Bungie.
>
> Also because they want to get rid of numbers to be like CoD

lol. the use of the word “guardians” has been used in halo since the CE. if anything, destiny is ripping off halo.

Guardians can mean so many things; different Guardians have been referenced in different games and books…
But now 343i has a new thing to give news on: The title of the next Halo games.