Why is Forge not an offline mode

i am a big fan of halo 5 but the fact that i cannot play anything but the campaign when my internet goes down is frustrating. I would appreciate the ability to play more than the campaign offline. I know this is not priority for 343 but just giving the community a chance to do something they could do in every halo game with forge prior to this one would add to the experience of halo 5 because i don’t think it is fair that when the internet drops that i get booted from the game and loose my progress do you? i hope this gets noticed thanks in advance.

A very very good question.

Because all multiplayer games need to connect to the “dedicated” servers to function, Forge is technically a multiplayer mode so it needs connection. Sure it sucks but with the way they structured it, I guess it has to be this way.

The game’a architecture is built around dedictated servers. Tom French (the main Forge guy at 343) said that he wanted to find a way around this, but I don’t think that’ll happen anytime soon.

Probably the same reason why achievements are online.

I very much agree with you, but i Guess not because of how the game functions.

I am pretty sure it is because your files are saved in the Cloud.

I think Forge being Online (and using dedicated servers) is a good thing, IMO. Forging with others isn’t nearly as broken as it was with H2A.

That said, there should at least be some toggle that can allow Forge to be hosted locally.

Probably because there are not any local multiplayer systems in the game at all. With no lan support or splitscreen there simply are not any systems in place to support it. Custom games run on dedicated servers and I don’t imagine that 343 are going to make any extra effort to build a completely separate system to support offline forging.

Its still terrible mind you, but so is the fact there is no local multiplayer whatsoever.

> 2533274826920712;8:
> I think Forge being Online (and using dedicated servers) is a good thing, IMO. Forging with others isn’t nearly as broken as it was with H2A.
>
> That said, there should at least be some toggle that can allow Forge to be hosted locally.

Yea because having it online only is just like why?

Yup, It should be available offline and without gold membership like the other halo’s.

So have they said they are going to fix this? I refuse to buy any games that require online only and sadly this game is basically online only. I cant believe a halo would do this. You can even play Black Ops 3 Offline, Split screen, and with bots! Why is Halo moving backwards? This will be the first Halo I don’t buy unless they give offline support. But any word if they are going to patch so you can forge offline?