Why is Flood Hated by So Many?

I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.

Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?

> 2533274974350131;1:
> I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
>
> Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?

To me, it’s not bad, per-say, but different. All the other games have set the example for infection as just spartans with infected ES. People just don’t like to change suddenly.

> 2535406530195350;2:
> > 2533274974350131;1:
> > I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
> >
> > Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?
>
> To me, it’s not bad, per-say, but different. All the other games have set the example for infection as just spartans with infected ES. People just don’t like to change suddenly.

Yep, same opinion as me. People are always going to be resistant to unexpected change. I really like the idea of Flood, and enjoy the spin that it put on traditional Infection.

> 2533274974350131;1:
> I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
>
> Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?

I dunno why people don’t like the Halo 4 Simulated ‘Happy’ Flood. They make all sorts of hilarious sounds from popping sounds to that hilarious laughing sound, and dat grin XD. If anything, I always found the Flood gametype in Halo 4 to be comedic relief on a bad day.

And as Community Engineer Cizlin has stated in the past, these flood smile because they eat cookies!

To me they aren’t interesting at all. They don’t really have much dynamic. They’re an infection and nothing more.

> 2535406530195350;2:
> > 2533274974350131;1:
> > I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
> >
> > Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?
>
> To me, it’s not bad, per-say, but different. All the other games have set the example for infection as just spartans with infected ES. People just don’t like to change suddenly.

When you change suddenly, it is like outside infected where when you are tagged you’re infected. Instantly.

I honestly don’t understand it either. I like Halo 4’s iteration of Flood much more than I ever liked Infection. The Flood skins were a nice touch and the armor abilities give it more of a dynamic edge to the gameplay. I used to play Flood really often until they put it the “Hivemind” and “Last Stand” variants. Now you only get the choice of one map for normal Flood and the other two are Hivemind and Last Stand, both of which I really don’t like.

The main reason people hate it (which most in this thread seem to be ignoring) has always been that you can’t change the weapons that the Flood can use in custom games. This limits the potential for unique custom game variants. It’s a step backwards from the previous iteration of infection which birthed awesome modes like Speed Halo or Ghostbusters. Also the Flood look kinda dumb. The hate has nothing to do with being “resistant to change”.

> 2533274974350131;1:
> I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
>
> Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?

Lol, I thought this meant the flood parasite! Anyway, I loved the flood gametype and as many have said, it’s the change. Also probably because 343i created it, not Bungie

Cause I look like a Mutated Mr Krabs with the Claw and Face

Mostly cause just how it played was horrifying (I don’t mean spooky scary)

Flood with Active Camo, Thruster Packs & Promethian Vison was ridiculous (Mostly just the Thruster Pack)

I know there’s more but this is just my reason why I hate Flood for Halo 4

Kind of screwed up Halo CE for me, but they have an interesting backstory. I mean is it the coolest thing that the flood where the most advanced race ever, until the Forerunners massacred them all.

Hated? i loved the flood lol. they very scary/ disgusting but fun to kill. They could get annoying at times tho…

flood=awesome.

this has to be one of the coolest gametypes. i love getting kiltacs as the last man, but also enjoy being the parasite every once in a while.

anyways, definitly one of the best.

> 2533274898831741;4:
> > 2533274974350131;1:
> > I’m curious. I quite enjoy Flood, but what confuses me is why people hate it. I think of it just being Infection, but with armor abilities and you being able to play as the Flood.
> >
> > Can someone explain to me why this is worse than Infection?
>
> I dunno why people don’t like the Halo 4 Simulated ‘Happy’ Flood. They make all sorts of hilarious sounds from popping sounds to that hilarious laughing sound, and dat grin XD. If anything, I always found the Flood gametype in Halo 4 to be comedic relief on a bad day.
>
> And as Community Engineer Cizlin has stated in the past, these flood smile because they eat cookies!

nice one, i like that theres humer around the flood.

I am neutral with flood. But for me its downsides are the flood have the lunge range you get when you aim with the sword in halo 5, and the extremely overpowered thruster packs, as well as the fact that the flood have a shield. (why!?) One minor thing is you get nothing when you become last man. But the flood are easy to kill and game modes like hive mind fix these things.

Basically the flood are overpowered and the Spartans are too weak.

Personally I love it even though iv only played it once with 4 people!!!

Its a fun game mode, but I like the other infections better.

I enjoyed playing standard flood until they added Hivemind and Last Stand. 2 hits to kill a guy who’s holding a saw and can one punch you is ridiculous.

> 2533274973452426;18:
> I enjoyed playing standard flood until they added Hivemind and Last Stand. 2 hits to kill a guy who’s holding a saw and can one punch you is ridiculous.

Let’s not forget they appear every voting round so you only have a 1 in 3 chance to even play standard Flood anymore.

People hate the flood because in hordes they can be really annoying, especially the ones with rocket launchers