Why is everyone whining about Halo 4?

I’m sorry guys but I don’t get it. I’m a longtime Halo fan, probably a longer fan than the majority of the complainers.

I started with Halo on Xbox and then bought every game in the series. I liked every game, Halo 2 the best, and love Halo. I thought the series fell down with Reach, I’d admit that, but it was still a good game, if not great.

Yet all I hear on any Halo 4 forum is constant complaining, and it’s always the same points:

• The game is not skilful and is noob friendly.

With this point, oh do -Yoink!- off. I couldn’t care less how much this game panders to the MLG wannabe ‘pros’. If you want a skilful game play Quake or Starcraft and stop crying and bringing down the Halo franchise. The majority of us fans don’t want endless Battle Rifle fights with no variety at all. We want the game to be fresh and provide fun and entertainment. Granted, we don’t want cheap and diluted fun but we don’t want ‘oh so hardcore’ SERIOUS action all the time. Besides, Halo is not even a particularly skilled franchise, it never has been.

Please just go back to Halo 3. It’s not that hard is it?

• The game is made by 343, evil despots.

This point makes me laugh so much. The way people talk about 343 makes you think they sacrifice babies to their sun god. ‘343 don’t care about us, Bungie would never do this’. Oh please. I remember how many times people cried and complained about Bungie. ‘Oh no we want Recon’, ‘Oh no the banhammer for map mods’, ‘Oh no the quit ban’. Stop being a bunch of hypocrites. Just face it guys, you all nitpick and whine so much nothing would please you, even if Bungie from ‘the good old days’ were still in control.

• The game is too different

Then go and play Halo 3. Stop making our games stale. I think Halo 4 is too SIMILAR if anything. If you want to buy the same game every year with better graphics then you are just damaging the innovation and originality that gaming so desperately needs.

I’ve played Halo 4 and it’s great. Granted, it has problems. Too much attention to graphics over epic fights, too much lighting effects, unvaried playlists e.t.c . But the majority of the complaints I see are ridiculous.

Oh this thread again…

I see where youre coming from… but i respectfully disagree

I don’t mind complaints that are valid but I don’t see them. I see pathetic and childish ones.

people hate change

Wow. You did not touch upon one legitimate argument people have made. The reason people complain is because 343i changed TOO much, too fast. If it had been very slight, gradual changes over the course of 3 games, then fine. But completely altering the way a game works that has 10 years of history behind it is crazy.

> Oh this thread again…
>
> I see where youre coming from… but i respectfully disagree

lol

It goes both ways, though :confused:

I agree, most complaints are utter BS and do nothing to actually help the game progress in any way.

If people actually cared about the series they would be respectful and attempt to make it better in all ways, and let it evolve as well.

As a long time veteran, it is disappointing to hear a bunch of children whine like they are owed everything, the ones who think Bungie was god are the worst of the bunch, Bungie themselves had so many issues it was hilarious. Yet we still played the games, and provided our feedback on how we felt and what needed to be improved.

“If you want to buy the same game every year with better graphics then you are just damaging the innovation and originality that gaming so desperately needs”

Yeah, this argument loses all merit when the direction Halo 4 went is that of what is already out on the market.

Halo 4 is not original and all that it has done is move away from what Halo was to something that it will never become.

> Wow. You did not touch upon one legitimate argument people have made. The reason people complain is because 343i changed TOO much, too fast. If it had been very slight, gradual changes over the course of 3 games, then fine. But completely altering the way a game works that has 10 years of history behind it is crazy.

It’s not crazy and Halo 4 is too SIMILAR if anything. The ‘major’ changes are only noticed by hardcore fans. I don’t want Halo to become Dynasty Warriors with barely any difference.

Saying it’s too different is a stupid point.

> Wow. You did not touch upon one legitimate argument people have made. The reason people complain is because 343i changed TOO much, too fast. If it had been very slight, gradual changes over the course of 3 games, then fine. But completely altering the way a game works that has 10 years of history behind it is crazy.

I think you should take a look at Halo Reach made by Bungie, its what caused your so called issue.

> > Wow. You did not touch upon one legitimate argument people have made. The reason people complain is because 343i changed TOO much, too fast. If it had been very slight, gradual changes over the course of 3 games, then fine. But completely altering the way a game works that has 10 years of history behind it is crazy.
>
> I think you should take a look at Halo Reach made by Bungie, its what caused your so called issue.

Oh, Reach was just as bad with it. Bungie had an excuse though, since they did not have enough time to make a true Halo game and it was just a prequel. Being experimental for their last Halo game ever is fine. 343i, however, has no excuse for the mess they created.

@ OP

Your dum.

> > > Wow. You did not touch upon one legitimate argument people have made. The reason people complain is because 343i changed TOO much, too fast. If it had been very slight, gradual changes over the course of 3 games, then fine. But completely altering the way a game works that has 10 years of history behind it is crazy.
> >
> > I think you should take a look at Halo Reach made by Bungie, its what caused your so called issue.
>
> Oh, Reach was just as bad with it. Bungie had an excuse though, since they did not have enough time to make a true Halo game and it was just a prequel. Being experimental for their last Halo game ever is fine. 343i, however, has no excuse for the mess they created.

Bungie had loads of time with Reach. It was Halo 3: ODST that was made in a short amount of time as Reach was the game with the big attention put on it.

Bungie are also most proud of Halo Reach.

I want a Halo arena game, and it isnt. Oh yes, play Halo3…

You know about people are complaint, why ask?

And H4 original in?? I agree in H4 is a noob-friendly game and im not MLG pro.

People complain because it’s the Internet.

i do have to say i like it when people use constructive criticism it makes for a decent read but it just annoys me when people put stuff like ‘halo 4 is crap’…

Agree with OP, people need to stop nitpicking and acting so entitled (but they won’t). On the other hand, 343 should really have had an open beta, would have ironed out a lot of this. But, patience is a virtue. If, by the time all the DLC is out they haven’t addressed most of these issues (which does NOT include people’s wishlists like pelicans, forge world etc, those would just be nice), then I would be complaining.

Chances are you will see player’s reasons why they are displeased with Halo4 in the very thread you are reading posts about players being displeased with Halo4.

Let’s concentrate our efforts in the debates and not of the debates shall we?