Why is everyone so immature?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does. Is it because Bungie and 343 leave the door open for it by leaving friendly fire/negative point for suicide on? And honestly, is a little bit of reduced realism in the game when your grenades dont kill your teammates really not worth making it so people cant ruin the game. So yeah, looking on to Halo 5, or maybe even the title update, please turn off friendly fire and negative points for suicides. I understand the value in having it on, but the benefits of shutting it off outway them because you have an immature base of casual players. Im not saying the people on this forum are the -Yoinks!-, but theres no denying that you get one in almost every game.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I’m really worried about wasting money/time/mental health on Halo 4, and its not because i dont have faith that 343 made a good game, but because they didn’t d1ckhead proof it

Is this a rant about people ranting?

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/187843_273526066080224_1173694887_n.jpg

Welcome to the forums

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.

> Is this a rant about people ranting?

Did you even read it at all?

Its about people being a$holes in the game for whatever reason.

Betrayers? In my Halo? It’s more likely than you think.

Eh, it would be a harmless change if they turned it off. It would get rid of the butthurt betty’s that rage when you grab the sniper

> Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does.

You serious?

> Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does. Is it because Bungie and 343 leave the door open for it by leaving friendly fire/negative point for suicide on? And honestly, is a little bit of reduced realism in the game when your grenades dont kill your teammates really not worth making it so people cant ruin the game. I’m really worried about wasting money/time/mental health on Halo 4, and its not because i dont have faith that 343 made a good game, but because they didn’t d1ckhead proof it. So yeah, looking on to Halo 5, or maybe even the title update, please turn off friendly fire and negative points for suicides. I understand the value in having it on, but the benefits of shutting it off outway them because you have an immature base of casual players. Im not saying the people on this forum are the -Yoinks!-, but theres no denying that you get one in almost every game.

No, that is simply not true. The cons do not outweigh the pros. So what if you die once in a while due to friendly fire? In Halo it is a necessity to have it. It forces people to play smarter and not shoot rockets or throw nades at an enemy when their team mate is right beside them. Honestly, I don’t like friendly fire in a lot of games, but for Halo it needs to stay.

People are entitled to their opinions. It just so happens that some of us Halo fans are pickier than others. Not to mention people complaint only out of fear for the game’s quality, they do it with good intentions.

Halo is better off with Friendly Fire…

It works in COD because firefights rarely last for more than a seconds or two, especially at close range. However, in Halo with longer kill times firefights last longer so when people get into fights a team-mate could blindly shoot a rocket into the fight and only kill the enemy without worrying about your team-mate dying, resulting in nooby gameplay. Also, with Halo’s floaty physics the lack of friendly fire could result in people launching their team-mates towards objectives with 'splodey stuff and vehicles.

You want that to happen just so you don’t have to deal with mean people? (Who would find ways to be jerks anyways)

> Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does.

Welcome to Internet!

> Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does. Is it because Bungie and 343 leave the door open for it by leaving friendly fire/negative point for suicide on? And honestly, is a little bit of reduced realism in the game when your grenades dont kill your teammates really not worth making it so people cant ruin the game. So yeah, looking on to Halo 5, or maybe even the title update, please turn off friendly fire and negative points for suicides. I understand the value in having it on, but the benefits of shutting it off outway them because you have an immature base of casual players. Im not saying the people on this forum are the -Yoinks!-, but theres no denying that you get one in almost every game.

This, I cannot agree more.

Other games aren’t like this?

You can go to any forum and you’re going to find the same level of stupidity. It’s the internet, there are immature children who complain EVERYWHERE. The Halo community is no worse than anyone else.

> > Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does. Is it because Bungie and 343 leave the door open for it by leaving friendly fire/negative point for suicide on? And honestly, is a little bit of reduced realism in the game when your grenades dont kill your teammates really not worth making it so people cant ruin the game. So yeah, looking on to Halo 5, or maybe even the title update, please turn off friendly fire and negative points for suicides. I understand the value in having it on, but the benefits of shutting it off outway them because you have an immature base of casual players. Im not saying the people on this forum are the -Yoinks!-, but theres no denying that you get one in almost every game.
>
> No, that is simply not true. The cons do not outweigh the pros. So what if you die once in a while due to friendly fire? In Halo it is a necessity to have it. It forces people to play smarter and not shoot rockets or throw nades at an enemy when their team mate is right beside them. Honestly, I don’t like friendly fire in a lot of games, but for Halo it needs to stay.

Everyone can argue the point until the end of the world, and I’ll just run around screaming ADAPT like all the nerds on this forum. I get that people will throw a sticky on their teammate and then have them run into a room, but you know what, I can deal with that a lot better then I can deal with Fran McNiceface taking pot shots at me every 10 seconds because I got the sniper at the start. In a perfect world, of course friendly fire should be on, but the immaturity of the Halo community at large dictates shutting it down. It’s something that we shouldve learned 8 years ago.

I get that people will throw a sticky on their teammate and then have them run into a room, but you know what, I can deal with that a lot better then I can deal with Fukcy McFugckwipe taking pot shots at me every 10 seconds because I got the sniper at the start.

> > > Like for real, other video games dont have the rampant immaturity that Halo does. Is it because Bungie and 343 leave the door open for it by leaving friendly fire/negative point for suicide on? And honestly, is a little bit of reduced realism in the game when your grenades dont kill your teammates really not worth making it so people cant ruin the game. So yeah, looking on to Halo 5, or maybe even the title update, please turn off friendly fire and negative points for suicides. I understand the value in having it on, but the benefits of shutting it off outway them because you have an immature base of casual players. Im not saying the people on this forum are the -Yoinks!-, but theres no denying that you get one in almost every game.
> >
> > No, that is simply not true. The cons do not outweigh the pros. So what if you die once in a while due to friendly fire? In Halo it is a necessity to have it. It forces people to play smarter and not shoot rockets or throw nades at an enemy when their team mate is right beside them. Honestly, I don’t like friendly fire in a lot of games, but for Halo it needs to stay.
>
> Everyone can argue the point until the end of the world, and I’ll just run around screaming ADAPT like all the nerds on this forum. I get that people will throw a sticky on their teammate and then have them run into a room, but you know what, I can deal with that a lot better then I can deal with Fran McNiceface taking pot shots at me every 10 seconds because I got the sniper at the start. In a perfect world, of course friendly fire should be on, but the immaturity of the Halo community at large dictates shutting it down. It’s something that we shouldve learned 8 years ago.

Well now that there are ordnance drops you shouldn’t have to worry about someone shooting your for what they believe is “their” weapon.

> Other games aren’t like this?
>
> You can go to any forum and you’re going to find the same level of stupidity. It’s the internet, there are immature children who complain EVERYWHERE. The Halo community is no worse than anyone else.

Why can no one read??? This thread is not about the forum it is about the actual game that we play, and how immaturity ruins it. Other games have friendly fire off. If you have to sacrifice some realism to combat immaturity, so be it.

> People are entitled to their opinions. It just so happens that some of us Halo fans are pickier than others. Not to mention people complaint only out of fear for the game’s quality, they do it with good intentions.

Many complaints are just stupid but I do agree that with something as big and loved as Halo, no one wants it to finally roll around only to be disappointed by something stupid.

Yeah, I hate all this trolling/griefing rubbish that goes on. I personally prefer playlists in any game that will allow friendly fire. I think it ups the standard of player… although you do pay for it sometimes.

There have been other threads highlighting this. I think there needs to be an overhaul of the betrayal/boot system from H3 that includes griefing fixes. I’m sure the boffins at 343i could build something into the code… if not for H4 then H5… that will detect if people have been trailing you and doing X damage over time???

> > People are entitled to their opinions. It just so happens that some of us Halo fans are pickier than others. Not to mention people complaint only out of fear for the game’s quality, they do it with good intentions.
>
> Many complaints are just stupid but I do agree that with something as big and loved as Halo, no one wants it to finally roll around only to be disappointed by something stupid.

Yeah its like I said. Im sure that if everyone played the game correctly, it will be the greatest game out. I have full faith that 343 made a solid product, its just that they didn’t d1ckhead proof it enough.

My suggestion is to add an “explosions only” option in addition to “on” and “off” for friendly fire, and use that setting in MM, with the option to boot anyone who betrays you, no matter what. I don’t want someone who has no discretion about throwing grenades/blasting rockets on my team anyway, because he’s probably a dumb noob, and I would boot anyone I could if this option was available. Remember that if your opponent lands even a single shot on you, there going to get the kill, it wont be a betrayal. Implement a way to turn off friendly fire for bullets and melee only in the title update.

Lol, you should’ve seen the Bioware forums when it was revealed that the endings sucked. That was one a shitrage worse than here on the waypoint forums.