why is everyone hating on halo4?

The past 3-4 days on the forums i seen a lot of people saying halo 4 sucks/a joke/etc.

I’ve played halo 1,(watched halo 2) played halo 3 and reach and they were amazing.Halo 4 i feel is in the top also.

Sure halo 4 has problems right now like bad spawning in some game types * cough swat cough* and people complaining about dmr being op . the boltshot being op etc.

Right now i’m having a blast on halo 4 and i don’t why people aren’t. To be honest i feel like im the only one loving halo 4.

Everyone expected a Halo 3 remake. Now they say it’s “CoD in space”. I don’t care if it’s CoD, if it’s fun, then it’s a good game.

Main reason: It’s new and different for other Halos.

Personal reason: Lack of options and game types in Custom Games.

You aren’t the only one that’s enjoying it. A lot of people are and come tomorrow, everyone that complained will most likely go over to Black Ops 2 and the forums will be much quieter. People wanted a Halo rehash of Halo 3’s multiplayer and are attacking 343 because they didn’t get it. They can’t handle a new trology with a fresh experience. This community is worse then Reachs in my opinion.

I feel ensemble did a better job at making a halo game then 343i.

I’m guessing those enjoying it are too busy playing.

You’re making an all or nothing statement. Many people love the game but have an issue with one or two things. They come here to state their opinion. Very few people actually hate everything about the game.

Hell, even in your post you state what you think could be improved upon.

> I’ve played halo 1,(watched halo 2) played halo 3 and reach and they were amazing.Halo 4 i feel is in the top also.

If you found Halo Reach to be “amazing” than there is no point in even telling you why Halo 4 isn’t as good as people expected.

everyone apparently is an expert game designer and can make a better game than 343.

double post ignore this

> I’m guessing those enjoying it are too busy playing.

Until they hit the daily XP cap…

> Everyone expected a Halo 3 remake. Now they say it’s “CoD in space”. I don’t care if it’s CoD, if it’s fun, then it’s a good game.

Yes, it’s fun for you.

If 343 had done it right it would have pleased 95% of people, they’ve pleased closer to 60%, -Yoink!- off a lot of vets like myself. If they were going to add all this loadout and ordnance garbage they could have at least had a playlist that felt like old Halo at launch.

People don’t mind if the game is changed, but sometimes the devs make a silly change. And also these forums are here for the devs to see what is going wrong in the game.
For instance, the spawns on some maps and modes are working. that’ll probably get fixed.

The only people who are actually hating on the games, are the people who prefer COD to Halo, and hence they all make the generic
“This game is -blam-, so terrible, i’m buying cod tomorrow”

Mainly because Halo takes a lot more skill to win as map position is actually required, whereas COD does not.

I expected a game like reach more or less without BS armor abilities… yet we have promethean vision and active camo… that create even more problems than solve.

If they take out those 2 I will shut up and agree to everything 343 does

> everyone apparently is an expert game designer and can make a better game than 343.

Or maybe they can see this game isn’t as fun as past Halo games and is trying too much to be like a certain other game.

People said Halo 2 sucked when it first came out. People said Halo 3 sucked when it first came out. People said Halo Reach sucked when it first came out.

Guess what? Now Halo 4 is out, people are going to say it sucks until Halo 5 is out. It’s just how the cycle goes.

I love Halo 4 and i am having a blast but this game has some rough edges that need to be smoothed out.

Like this

Or this

Plus, JIP seems to be matching randoms and teams that posses the equivalent skill and coordination of pro gamers. Even something like Regicide or Dominion has this trait.

Ammo mod should only be for starting weapons; not for power weapons.

Otherwise, i am loving the Campaign, MP, and Spartan OPs. It sucks Theater was nerfed hard again. I have to try out Forge and see the custom game options everyone is moaning about.

It’s a trend. Every latest game goes through it. Trust me I’ve been on the Halo forums since before Halo 3 was released, and I’ve seen hating trend for every game since then.

I, for one, love Halo 4. I think 343 did a great job for their first game (not counting the HD remake of CE). Sure, some things could be changed or improved but overall, this game is top notch.

It may not be like the other Halos, but that doesn’t bother me. I’ve played every Halo, and enjoyed them all. Halo is Halo. May not be like Halo 3, but its still Halo, and I love me some halo!

I can’t understand the level of hate it’s getting, it’s offer a solid and fun new experience, whilst still feeling like a Halo game.
343 nailed it. (IMO anyway)