why is everybody a mute?

what happened to halo 2? everybody talked in that game now, im sure ive played more games with people who don’t have a microphone then people who actually have a microphone why cant you add a filter 343? to busy working on the most definitely popular spartan ops?

because I don’t like hearing people complain about the game, already listening to music with headphones, talking to friends on skype

All the social gamers seem to have left to go play other games. The lack of a need for teamwork and communication doesn’t help either.

Party chat mostly. No one wants to hear the constant stream of hate, homophobia, insults and racism that was halo 2 and is currently Xbox live.

> Party chat mostly. No one wants to hear the constant stream of hate, homophobia, insults and racism that was halo 2 and is currently Xbox live.

I’ve been playing Halo 3 recently and the worst I’ve heard is kids playing music and screeching while having mic issues like normal.

> All the social gamers seem to have left to go play other games. The lack of a need for teamwork and communication doesn’t help either.

This sums it up nicely. Why talk to other people when everyone pretty much knows what they’re doing and the teamwork doesn’t really matter as much?

Plus, a lot of people seem to have this irrational idea that Xbox LIVE is full of trash talking man-children, when honestly it couldn’t be further from the truth. I play plenty of multiplier games on Xbox LIVE, and most of them are pretty much in the same social rut as Halo 4. No one is talking anymore, and if they are then they’re in partychat or just mumbling to themselves. It’s kind of depressing.

Running into anyone who still has a mic connected to their controller is very, very rare, at least it is for me.

> > Party chat mostly. No one wants to hear the constant stream of hate, homophobia, insults and racism that was halo 2 and is currently Xbox live.
>
> I’ve been playing Halo 3 recently and the worst I’ve heard is kids playing music and screeching while having mic issues like normal.

yup and that is why I am in party chat 100%

I never want to hear their voices ever.

My headset doesn’t work. Sorry.

> Party chat mostly. No one wants to hear the constant stream of hate, homophobia, insults and racism that was halo 2 and is currently Xbox live.

Don’t forget Misogyny. I usually play with a girl or two and the last thing we want are pre-teens being incredibly rude and making kitchen jokes.

> I’ve been playing Halo 3 recently and the worst I’ve heard is kids playing music and screeching while having mic issues like normal.

This. I have played Halo 3 quite a lot recently and most people that are in Game-Chat are willing to co-operate to get the win.

That doesn’t mean that there are still people that play music too loud or trash-talk but I personally love trash-talk, it is psychological warfare and it gets me pumped to smash the other team.

> > Party chat mostly. No one wants to hear the constant stream of hate, homophobia, insults and racism that was halo 2 and is currently Xbox live.
>

Lucky you. I played a game a few days ago where it was a close game of Team Slayer. My team ended up winning 50-48 or something, extremely close game. All I heard in the post-game lobby was constant profanity, insults to my sexual preference, and telling us we’re terrible. After I said good game.

Those experiences are examples of why I never leave party chat. :frowning:

As Xbox Live grew so did the amount of little kids and a-holes that play games on it.

2 words:

Party Chat

I hate having to listen to other peoples music/another language/the same game I am in at stupidly loud levels, so I myself will be in party chat or if my friends not online I just unplug my headset.

I’ve been chatting away with plenty of players in my teams lately. Only in party and team chat though. A lot of Spartans are like master chief though and don’t talk much.

I’m a mute and im loud. But serously most the time i just end up talking to myself, cause no one else talks seemingly. Also i mute anyone whose voice hasn’t drop, high pitch voices annoy me.

Party Chat.

What’s the point in speaking with randomers?

Two words: Party Chat.

Party chat mostly. 90% (if not more) of my friends list are people whom I have actually met, and we were friends before XBox. No offense to anyone, but I just don’t care what random people have to say to me. I’m in my mid thirties, and tweens, teens, and twenty somethings typically cannot impart anything worth my time.

It’s all about party chat now. People would much rather talk to their friends and individuals they are comfortable with.

Those that are talking outside of parties tend to be five, have there mic in their nose or are using a Kinect as a mic; that does not encourage people to come out of their comfort zone.