Why Is every battle pass shader trash?

How many different almost identical shades of blue do you need? And all the other shaders on the battle pass are either muted and barely noticeable, or just random looking colors that look terrible? Really? So I have to shell out for some stupid esports theme of a team I care literally nothing about to be brightly colored after I already paid for the battle pass? I knew the microtransactions in this game were going to be predatory garbage, and this is just one example of many. RIP actual halo games where you could customize your spartan in a satisfying way for just the base price of the game and some hard work.

7 Likes

Yeah, kind of annoying that you unlock like 2 to 3 different blue colors on the battle pass.

I’m actually looking forward to the poop brown one with a little red on it lol. I think it’s like, in the 70’s if I recall.

2 Likes

It’s all either blue or poop brown, or old dust color with some random -Yoink!- color. I really don’t feel like giving them another 9 dollars to support some pro team that is probably full of a bunch of narcissistic aholes, honestly.

4 Likes

I would get some of the pro armours, just because of the colors. But can we reuse those colors across our own armour kit? Also, I like the Mark V armour set, and the pros are in the VII set.

1 Like

@SpareLeg It’s an all or nothing set. Any customization of the set removes the whole set. You can’t even add the legendary weapon effect without the weapon skin going back to default. No ability to have flaming helmet with set too. Idk why i bought this armor…

2 Likes

Thanks for saving me from the purchase. I might still buy them at a later date, but I can’t see myself buying them anytime soon without being able to use the colors, or modify them at all.

1 Like

I am glad people are helping each other, but more to the point of my post, the way things are is trash and we need to demand better!

1 Like

I hope as long as we keep complaining maybe the quality of items in the store and battle pass will improve. I’m pretty liberal with my money in video games, but like, most of this stuff looks like crap and you have to grind for it. I’m good.

2 Likes

I hate complaining, but constructive criticism is important. What is even more important is voting with your wallet. I honestly regret spending money on the season pass, and the only reason I did was reach was my favorite halo, and Emil was my favorite spartan from it. so I wanted his armor, but honestly the pass is barely worth the money. If they think I am going to spend $9 to make my armor look decently colored when I have been giving this franchise my money for 20 years, and could previously get nice looking colors by default, then they can suck one.

The state of this game in everything but core gameplay is atrocious. The battle pass is trash, the lack of visible stats in game or on the website is trash, the store prices are laughable, ridiculous, predatory trash, and the progression system is trash. I made other, Much more constructive posts about these topics, but they got ignored.

2 Likes

It’s because they’re all the colors of Noble team, with them assigning Six grey. Even though Six could wear any color combination. A third of Noble team was blue. And for some reason they decided to make Kat’s blue look like Carter’s blue, even though in Reach they looked noticeably different. I find it funny we only get one color assigned to Six. Six was our member of Noble team. I want my Six’s color. Guess that’s not going to happen unless I get lucky and they’re in the store for $20.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t spoilers, but… I can get red from campaign, or red… Or red… And from the season pass blue, or blue, or blue? Ok this is just lazy and greedy and anyone even paying a little attention can see it.

1 Like

What, you don’t think one coder changing changing a few hex files once and selling them to you thrice is worth it. Talk about entitlement. God I hate what they’ve done to Halo. Infinite is fun, but I can’t just enjoy the fun aspects of it, because at the same time they’re trying to gouge people for everything they can.

2 Likes

It’s sadly probably not even as complicated as you mentioned. They probably coded a module for it already so it is likely as easy as it would be for players to change their own armor color… You know… Like we should be able to. I am 100% with you. I love the gameplay but every time I think of any other aspect of the game I am sad. I wish they would have just made it a $60 title, and figure out more creative and worthwhile ways to make recurring income instead of using the same trash model that literally every gamer besides stupid EA customers is sick and tired of.

Also I just want reaches progression system back. :sob:

You’re right about the core game play being good, and about the rest, hopefully they are very well aware of all the issues. I imagine they are and are resolving them. I watched their live stream, and they addressed quite a lot of the issues, but also didn’t touch on certain other ones.

2 Likes

Yeah, or the three nearly identical green A.I. colors lol.

2 Likes

I am just nervous, want this game to be good, and don’t like this games as a service crap.

2 Likes

Why not at this point just sell the shader without color (Blank, camo, wood, vinyl) basically different designs and just let us fill in the colors? Everyone just looks the same and it’s no fun like that. The actual image that’s used for the shaders has a bunch of different slots. Let us fill those colors in how we see fit. Maybe I want a red body, with a white arm and a pink hand. My right thigh could be grey and so on … This would literally only make people happy and I’d give them more money for doing so and I think it’s safe to say everyone else would too. But restricting our colors is just such a bad idea. Just sell designs and let us color ourselves. I also shouldn’t have to wait for a color combination that I’ve used since Halo 2. I want my red primary and my secondary white. Give us the options.

2 Likes

Isn’t this basically what the different armor variants in Halo 5 did? I was totally okay with getting different versions of the same armor, because one had a cooler texture/color design. Getting to put our colors on top of it was cool. Why can’t they figure something like that out for this game I wonder.

1 Like

Halo was one of the very first popular fps games with decent customization and to see it fall to this is just a disgrace. Honestly though, I feel like it has been just bastardization after bastardization since Bungie handed it off, and now is their chance to finally fix it.

2 Likes