Why is complex so prevalent?

After my few month hiatus from Halo 4, I’ve returned. And it was not pleasant. Complex is constantly voted on, and I’ve always said that was the worst map in the entire franchise, because it is. So why is it so popular and why are 2 out of 3 of the options always on that god awful map? Not only that but why is it even in the BTB playlist? It’s too small for even a warthog and cannot support 16 players.

What happened to Ragnarok and Exile? I’ve been in so many lobbies in just the past hour looking for something that isn’t complex and I haven’t even seen those maps yet. 343 might as well change the playlist name to complex because that’s all anyone votes on anyways. This map makes me want to eat glass and drink gasoline. Even Destiny’s horrible matchmaking is better than this map.

I have the exact opposite experience. Complex was on the voting list in BTB and Ragnarok got picked 4 games in a row. That map is more overused than Complex for me.

Complex got moved to BTB, I assume, because somebody somewhere felt, like me, that BTB shouldn’t be exclusively about vehicular game play. I like guns, not vehicles, but I also like the anonymity that you get on a larger team, and the greater ability to slow the pace of play which only comes on larger maps. And for those who are all about driving and flying, they can go into Heavies and completely lose it. Thank you, Complex: everybody wins.

are you a banshee guy? thats one reason i like complex. no banshee. those things are so annoying.

> are you a banshee guy? thats one reason i like complex. no banshee. those things are so annoying.

The most annoying thing about the banshee is that most people on the team just try and avoid it. If everyone just shoots at the damn thing whenever they have the chance, they go down like flies.

> are you a banshee guy? thats one reason i like complex. no banshee. those things are so annoying.

No, I’m all infantry. I agree though, that Banshee bomb is ridiculous.

> Complex got moved to BTB, I assume, because somebody somewhere felt, like me, that BTB shouldn’t be exclusively about vehicular game play. I like guns, not vehicles, but I also like the anonymity that you get on a larger team, and the greater ability to slow the pace of play which only comes on larger maps. And for those who are all about driving and flying, they can go into Heavies and completely lose it. Thank you, Complex: everybody wins.

In all honesty, I’d rather play Chiron TL34 from back in Halo CE. You make a good point that BTB doesn’t have to be all about vehicles and I prefer infantry combat more than anything but Complex is just a chaotic map where no tactics are used. At least on Ragnarok my team stays on my team’s side of the map but everyone spreads out all over the place in Complex. And then of course you get that entire team that camps in the center room all game. Happened to me during one of my recent games.

Not to mention that Complex is extremely unbalanced in objective based games. Specifically CTF.

> In all honesty, I’d rather play Chiron TL34 from back in Halo CE. You make a good point that BTB doesn’t have to be all about vehicles and I prefer infantry combat more than anything but Complex is just a chaotic map where no tactics are used. At least on Ragnarok my team stays on my team’s side of the map but everyone spreads out all over the place in Complex. And then of course you get that entire team that camps in the center room all game. Happened to me during one of my recent games.
>
> Not to mention that Complex is extremely unbalanced in objective based games. Specifically CTF.

Love the Chiron ref - that really takes me back…

And yes, it is not well-balanced for CTF.

As for the chaos and lack of tactics - this is something I use to my advantage and is one of the reasons I love this map. As you rightly point out, the %&$-storm is in the two central buildings and the courtyard. Avoid these unless you’re the guy who loves a %&$-storm. Also avoid blue side even if you’re on blue team - first, because the spawns over “the garage” are an effront to anyone who loves Halo, and secondly because red base is much more easily defended. And red team usually abandons it anyway. From there you have a good vantage point on the roofs of the adjacent buildings, the open ground all around red base, and the spawn points behind the “snippy tower” on the left cliff. You also have a sniper spawn which is much easier to get at than the blue sniper. And you can make a quick getaway to the grav-lift room to the right. These tactics will not get you a high scoring game, but it will still be reasonably paced and your k/d will be healthy.

In general I’ve found that there are always things to appreciate on any map, even the maps I hate - the maps that don’t suit my style of play. You just have to be patient, figure out how the map drives the average player’s behavior, and then find a way to turn that knowledge to your advantage. Or patiently wait for MCC when we can play Chiron to our heart’s content!

> > In all honesty, I’d rather play Chiron TL34 from back in Halo CE. You make a good point that BTB doesn’t have to be all about vehicles and I prefer infantry combat more than anything but Complex is just a chaotic map where no tactics are used. At least on Ragnarok my team stays on my team’s side of the map but everyone spreads out all over the place in Complex. And then of course you get that entire team that camps in the center room all game. Happened to me during one of my recent games.
> >
> > Not to mention that Complex is extremely unbalanced in objective based games. Specifically CTF.
>
> Love the Chiron ref - that really takes me back…
>
> And yes, it is not well-balanced for CTF.
>
> As for the chaos and lack of tactics - this is something I use to my advantage and is one of the reasons I love this map. As you rightly point out, the %&$-storm is in the two central buildings and the courtyard. Avoid these unless you’re the guy who loves a %&$-storm. Also avoid blue side even if you’re on blue team - first, because the spawns over “the garage” are an effront to anyone who loves Halo, and secondly because red base is much more easily defended. And red team usually abandons it anyway. From there you have a good vantage point on the roofs of the adjacent buildings, the open ground all around red base, and the spawn points behind the “snippy tower” on the left cliff. You also have a sniper spawn which is much easier to get at than the blue sniper. And you can make a quick getaway to the grav-lift room to the right. These tactics will not get you a high scoring game, but it will still be reasonably paced and your k/d will be healthy.
>
> In general I’ve found that there are always things to appreciate on any map, even the maps I hate - the maps that don’t suit my style of play. You just have to be patient, figure out how the map drives the average player’s behavior, and then find a way to turn that knowledge to your advantage. Or patiently wait for MCC when we can play Chiron to our heart’s content!

My friends and I had some of the greatest and dumbest times on Chiron. Shotties was always fun on that map.

As for the rest of your post, I am actually a conservative player. I use my DMR, stay on the outskirts of the map, and almost always never go into the middle of the map unless it’s a strategic advantage to me. I just feel as if the randomness doesn’t contribute to the fun since everyone ends up with power weapons due to ordinance drops. I hate quitting and leaving my team down a man but it infuriates me when I have to play Complex over and over again.

quien habla español agregeme porfa ? para ayuda con halo reach

> 2533274963187769;6:
> > are you a banshee guy? thats one reason i like complex. no banshee. those things are so annoying.
>
>
> No, I’m all infantry. I agree though, that Banshee bomb is ridiculous.

hes right they need to do something about the banshee bomb because non stop i get killed by banshee bombs and it gets a little pissed off