Why is Complex a 4v4 map?

This map is a decent Flood map and the openness of it makes for a fair swat map since a instant headshot kill is hardly dragged down by the map’s size.

But why a standard Team Slayer map? The lack of actual small maps? It takes longer to run from one end of the map to the other than it does on Exile. So why is this classified as a small-medium map? Because of it’s lack of vehicles? That’s still redundant when most of the map is fair game only to the DMR and Light Rifle due to it’s mostly open range.

It should totally be a BTB map, think it would play out great with larger teams

I was just thinking that Complex might be fun playing BTB with a AR/Magnum start.

Complex should definitely be a BTB map rather than 4v4

I think there was just not enough maps for 4v4 so 343i had to choose some of bigger maps and put into 4v4 playlists. They chose Complex because it has serious frame rate problems on splitscreen and was unplayable with 16 players (probably something like Shatter). They thought “maybe people won’t notice this with 4v4”.

That is the only logical explanation I can think of. I cannot imagine someone actually design it to be 4v4 map.

> Complex should definitely be a BTB map rather than 4v4

It is, it’s just called shatter in BTB instead of complex.

Had to account for Sprint, I’m assuming. None of these maps are what I would consider 4v4 (Haven, maybe). They all feel like you could do 5v5 or 6v6 and then it would be good.

> Had to account for Sprint, I’m assuming. None of these maps are what I would consider 4v4 (Haven, maybe). They all feel like you could do 5v5 or 6v6 and then it would be good.

Abandon, Adrift and Haven are good for 4v4. Solace too even if I don’t like this map like previous three.