Why is BR for battle rifles only, not beam rifles?

Topic title

The world may never know…

Because a battle rifle is more common to see. Plus over the years halo players have just grown on it… also if you say he everyone knows what your talking about. But if you try br with a beam rifle and they see a beam not a three round burst. Either team mates will get mad at you or think the guy is hacking.

Bigger than the mystery of Atlantis.

Because Beam Rifle = Beam… and it’s quicker to say than BR and distinguishable.

The goal with callouts is to keep things down to a syllable or two and still keep things identifiable.

> 2533274879407634;3:
> Because a battle rifle is more common to see. Plus over the years halo players have just grown on it… also if you say he everyone knows what your talking about. But if you try br with a beam rifle and they see a beam not a three round burst. Either team mates will get mad at you or think the guy is hacking.

What if I told you a certain beam rifle does burst fire?

because how often do you use a Beam Rifle vs a Battle Rifle? also, “beam” is even faster to say than “BR”

Seriously why is this a thread?

because why would you call 2 things by the same name?

> 2533275057835402;6:
> > 2533274879407634;3:
> > Because a battle rifle is more common to see. Plus over the years halo players have just grown on it… also if you say he everyone knows what your talking about. But if you try br with a beam rifle and they see a beam not a three round burst. Either team mates will get mad at you or think the guy is hacking.
>
>
> What if I told you a certain beam rifle does burst fire?

haha Krith

Because the Halo God said so…

Back in the day when beam rifles weren’t useable in multiplayer, but the battle rifle was. So it stuck. Beams were only useable in the campaign way back when.

I believe br stands for brute repeater

The Battle Rifle is more commonly discussed and the Beam rifle can just be called Beam. You wouldn’t call the Battle Rifle “Battle”, would you?

Because everyone is racist and hates those goddamned Covenant weapons. Kig-Yars are nothing but criminals!

Good question.

Because the BR stands for battle rifle

Because since the age of time BR always stands for Battle Riffle.

My friends and I have always called the Beam Rifle the “Waffle”. Irrelevant to this topic, but I thought I’d share.

> 2533274917099112;19:
> My friends and I have always called the Beam Rifle the “Waffle”. Irrelevant to this topic, but I thought I’d share.

Waffle? What was he thinking?