why is boosting cheevos bad

so can i ask why boosting the cheevos that are glitched is a bad thing when it wasnt in reach??? it was totally accepted.

The real problem is the achievements. It ruins the game because all some people do is go for the achievements. Full party boosting actually avoids that problem.

> so can i ask why boosting the cheevos that are glitched is a bad thing when it wasnt in reach??? it was totally accepted.

Because cheating is cheating. It was a bad thing in reach too. Lastly, your are gaining exp through this boosting session.

The dumbest thing you probably did was come on here and tell them that you were gonna do it, now they’ll probably be checking your games and ban you if you do.

i got credit banned like 5 times for doing it in reach
probably gonna happen again with these achievements

It’s ridiculous though. What do 343 expect… ‘Get a kill mid air in a warthog’ thats basically never going to happen unless you set something up.

> It’s ridiculous though. What do 343 expect… ‘Get a kill mid air in a warthog’ thats basically never going to happen unless you set something up.

The maps are set up where it is possible for them to happen. are there any Gauss hogs?

> > It’s ridiculous though. What do 343 expect… ‘Get a kill mid air in a warthog’ thats basically never going to happen unless you set something up.
>
> The maps are set up where it is possible for them to happen. are there any Gauss hogs?

No there isn’t. And it’s extremely hard to be in mid air for about 2 secs max, and spray a machine gun at someone for 4 seconds to kill them.

Does Splattering people work. You could take their heads off if you get enough air.

> It’s ridiculous though. What do 343 expect… ‘Get a kill mid air in a warthog’ thats basically never going to happen unless you set something up.

Two of the maps feature either big air ramps or high hillsides. While I have yet to get this cheevo myself, its not that hard if you talk to your driver/gunner. Tell them to drive for “big air”, or shoot a unit while doing so. Cheevo will pop. its even easier if you and a friend take a hog and ride around in it, thats not boosting.

> > > It’s ridiculous though. What do 343 expect… ‘Get a kill mid air in a warthog’ thats basically never going to happen unless you set something up.
> >
> > The maps are set up where it is possible for them to happen. are there any Gauss hogs?
>
> No there isn’t. And it’s extremely hard to be in mid air for about 2 secs max, and spray a machine gun at someone for 4 seconds to kill them.

My son was able to get it on Harvest, the first time we played that map. I got it a few games later. If there is an opponent near the ramp, start shooting him before you hit the ramp. While in the air, keep the gun running and shooting. It is very possible.

some of them seem to be a bit off in their perception of “it counts”

I got the ODST drop from killing a guy while I was jumping and being blown sideways by a grenade. Surprised the hell out of me.

> some of them seem to be a bit off in their perception of “it counts”
>
> I got the ODST drop from killing a guy while I was jumping and being blown sideways by a grenade. Surprised the hell out of me.

Ya, that was the only one that popped for me, died at same time of getting a double kill though.

Can not believe how many people throw stickies on your mantis when you get there first so you can go for the 20 stomps. Some people are just bad sports.

The achievements are actually quite easy to get. Just play Harvest and Wreckage while in a hog. It will come shortly, trust me.

Got my Now they can Fly? Achievement easily in Wreckage by driving my Hog into the man-cannon. It landed right on the hilltop (KOTH) and crushed some dudes up there.

> The achievements are actually quite easy to get. Just play Harvest and Wreckage while in a hog. It will come shortly, trust me.
>
> Got my Now they can Fly? Achievement easily in Wreckage by driving my Hog into the man-cannon. It landed right on the hilltop (KOTH) and crushed some dudes up there.

I do wonder, if the gunner gets the kill, does the driver get the achievement also?

Because it’s still “boosting”

Personally, i think no game should have MP Achievements and leave all achievements for campaign/co-op.

Having MP Achievements leads to boosting :confused:

I got it fair and square

I feel it diminshes the vaule of it. Take the venerator armor for example. I see alot of people with and my first reaction is the boosted so the can get it. This because I like to read the ban thread and I always see it in there right next to I was an internet tough guy and got a voice ban. So when I finally get that acheivement I most likely wont wear it because I don’t want people think hey there’s a booster. I don’t think it really hurts anyone except yourself. I mean if you got to boost to get some meaningless acheivement or armor thats pretty pathetic. Me personaly I like the feeling of getting it through hard work of just sheer luck, but hey each to their own.

I use it as a last resort. Achievements should never be based on luck, they can be damn hard to get.

Because boosting in general is just sad. If you have to cheat in a video game it’s time to put the controller down and get outside.

The only achievement I have a problem with is the Bigfoot/20 mantis stomp kills one. A person has to be really stupid to get that close to a mantis without EMP it first. We’re suppose to do 20 of those ? Seems like that would take a long time if you did it legit.