Why is Big Team Battle so Popular?

Why is Big Team Battle so Popular? It always has 2-3,000 players in the playlist every day. I cant remember Halo 3 BTB being this popular. Why is it so much more popular than all the other playlists?

Just my opinion but I like having a “big battle” with 8 vs 8 instead of just 4 like in Team Slayer or SWAT. Also having a lot of vehicles and maps like Hemorrhage are fun. (At least for me even though the annoying spawnkilling)

Thanks NDGMaxi, good post, welcome to the forum. I agree about the vehicles and Hemorrhage is great too. I particularly like the Plasma Launcher on that map to take down the Wraiths. Not many people know about it’s location. Also great map for sniping, jet packs and teleporting. I’m really addicted to BTB right now, my favourite game type since the TU changes.

I think some people just like the big open maps and being able to use the vehicles of course. I suppose it’s a little more exciting because there are more people so that means that there is more shooting, explosions etc

Spawn killing = free credits/stat -Yoink!-.

It’s the vehicle based combat on open maps that draw the casuals in. For the more hardcore it’s the same except they don’t charge with Warthogs in front of tanks (like most randumb drivers do) and instead spawn trap the casuals who failed to obtain map control. It sucks but that’s the reward for those who lose it.

So in short, casuals love the big maps and vehicles; Hardcore likes the playlist because of easy stat padding against the many casuals.

You thinking you’d be complaining about Living Dead, its the second most populated playlist and BTB population levels never go as high as LD or Team Slayer.

> It’s the vehicle based combat on open maps that draw the casuals in. For the more hardcore it’s the same except they don’t charge with Warthogs in front of tanks (like most randumb drivers do) and instead spawn trap the casuals who failed to obtain map control. It sucks but that’s the reward for those who lose it.
>
>
> So in short, casuals love the big maps and vehicles; Hardcore likes the playlist because of easy stat padding against the many casuals.
>
>
> You thinking you’d be complaining about Living Dead, its the second most populated playlist and BTB population levels never go as high as LD or Team Slayer.

SWAT takes the #3 spot more often than not, too.

> > It’s the vehicle based combat on open maps that draw the casuals in. For the more hardcore it’s the same except they don’t charge with Warthogs in front of tanks (like most randumb drivers do) and instead spawn trap the casuals who failed to obtain map control. It sucks but that’s the reward for those who lose it.
> >
> >
> > So in short, casuals love the big maps and vehicles; Hardcore likes the playlist because of easy stat padding against the many casuals.
> >
> >
> > You thinking you’d be complaining about Living Dead, its the second most populated playlist and BTB population levels never go as high as LD or Team Slayer.
>
> SWAT takes the #3 spot more often than not, too.

Does it? I usually just scroll past that playlist. It’s not my cup of tea…shrugs

I wish my 360 power brick didn’t fry itself >.< I can’t play Halo anymore :frowning:

I also thing BTB requires more SKILL and TEAM PLAY than most of the other playlists, very rarely can 1 person lead a team to victory although it’s possible.

It’s something to do with Hemorrhage. Always Hemorrhage. No idea everyone loves it.

> It’s something to do with Hemorrhage. Always Hemorrhage. No idea everyone loves it.

Because omg, it is Blood Gulch.

People just love their canyon with rocks in it.

> It’s something to do with Hemorrhage. Always Hemorrhage. No idea everyone loves it.

Two words: Blood Gulch.

Yup agreed, it always gets voted in, good thing I love that map. Gotta love those rocks, canyons and lets not forget the grass either.

I only jump into BTB with friends. I enjoy being a gunner or driver, especially with a friend driving or gunning.

I like Hemmorhage enough, but sometimes I feel like it gets voted for too often. It does get rpetitive after playing it more than twice in a row, which happens often. There are others BTB maps out there cough Mt Lam Lam cough, they just don’t get voted for that often.

> I only jump into BTB with friends. I enjoy being a gunner or driver, especially with a friend driving or gunning.
>
> I like Hemmorhage enough, but sometimes I feel like it gets voted for too often. It does get rpetitive after playing it more than twice in a row, which happens often. There are others BTB maps out there cough Mt Lam Lam cough, they just don’t get voted for that often.

Yeah Hemorrage is voted for too often. There are so many Community BTB maps which are so fun.
When i’m playing CTF on Hemorrage, i always put on this. It makes me feel like i’m God

I’m pretty sure BTB in Halo 3 had more ppl in it. But either way there’s just more chaos and crazier things happen with 16 ppl.

It’s easy.

It was fun in past games but it’s awful in Reach. DMR is very ill-suited for big team gametypes.

> It was fun in past games but it’s awful in Reach. DMR is very ill-suited for big team gametypes.

Um, nope.

Walking around a gigantic map with a gun which has a miniscule effective range is a horrific experience.