Why is assault not in?

Would it be too hard to implement now that we auto pickup the flag and cant drop it? Im kinda upset about this. (there’s no assault related items in the forge mode list)

I didn’t really like assault. So there’s not much more for me to say about it.

343i is removing game modes to add all the useless customization?

Damn, customization is good but Gameplay > Customization every time.

This sucks.

Assault was a lot of fun, but not a fan favorite. That’s probably why they cut it

Assault was a lot of fun, but not a fan favorite. That’s probably why they cut it

Every good shooter should have a bomb plant/defuse gametype. This is a step backward.

Ah man, I loved Assault in Halo: Reach, I hope it will come back some time…

From what I gathered, Assault is being replaced/phased out by Extraction. And so far from what I’ve heard about Extraction, you “should” be able to recreate Assault in Extraction with the only real difference being the objectives extract rather than explode. I’m honestly not sure however and won’t be until launch, but here’s to hoping.

fingers crossed

> Would it be too hard to implement now that we auto pickup the flag and cant drop it? Im kinda upset about this. (<mark>there’s no assault related items in the forge mode list</mark>)

I believe it was confirmed that the forge list we saw in the bulletin was incomplete, as in BS Angel didn’t put it all in.

That, and although Grifball is no longer attached to the assault game type, they wouldn’t implement a bomb skin JUST for Grifball. No, I honestly think there is going to be an assault game type in Halo 4. Or at least I really hope there is.

And for those of you that have mysteriously had access to the game early and have seen the playlists available now, remember that 343 PROBABLY will be adding more playlists in at launch. So there is still a chance my friends, do not lose hope until it’s confirmed!

I believe Extraction will be the new Assault style variant. We shall see.

Assault was one of the best gametypes of the Halo series.

If it doesn’t come back, I guess the best we can do is make a CTF game where you spawn with the flag and the capture points is in the enemy team’s base. There’d still be no defuse time, though…

Wouldn’t surprise me that they’re removed it because people that aren’t very good at the game or don’t want to get better can’t play it, shame really because Assault was an amazing game type. It’s also a damn shame they’ve practically ruined CTF with no compensation.

It ain’t back, there was a forum post a while back which had a link to the halo 4 start up + a look at the custom games options. I couldn’t possible link it but his youtube name is 951twitch.

Double post

I love Assault as it is the reverse CTF game. However I suspect the playlists, which are directly tied to gametypes, being as they are so that we play together in greater numbers and with the newer gametypes. If the populations remain high enough, we can diversify more. If enough Classic and/or Objective is populated enough, maybe, just maybe CTF and Assault will return.

BTB will not be the same…

Whats extraction?

And you can recreate assault (for the most part) by putting enemies flag in your base, and the capture plate in theirs.

That way its like your carrying the bomb (their flag) to the bombsite (flag cap spot)

> Whats extraction?
>
> And you can recreate assault (for the most part) by putting enemies flag in your base, and the capture plate in theirs.
>
> That way its like your carrying the bomb (their flag) to the bombsite (flag cap spot)

Wait, you forgot your headlight fluid!!!

We have Grifball. If all else fails we can recreate it to an extent using that.