Why is armorlock noOp?

Armorlock saved me a lot from dying so why is it so bad?
Why does evreyone hate it?

People don’t like it because it lets people who were supposed to die escape from harm, and sometimes allowing for teammates to finish the enemy off.

It is used incorrectly, it was originally intended to simply survive a vehicle heading in your direction or a certain extent of damage, hence why the TU state of Armour Lock is fine by me, six seconds of invincibility slows gameplay down a lot.

> People don’t like it because it lets people who were supposed to die escape from harm, and sometimes allowing for teammates to finish the enemy off.

agreed.
Player loses shields, player goes into armor lock, and pisses off the other player trying to get a head shot off.
I rarely use armor lock, unless it’s between me and my friends playing a game around the idea of running over each other.

I mostly block melee’s, grenade’s rockets and vehicles.
Specially the grenade’s because I won’t lose my shield before an firefight.

Because they cant operate like a beast ;).

Armor lock is personally my favorite AA. Of all of the AAs, it has the most uses. Vehicles, Rockets, Grenades, Melee, Bullets, EMP, Unstick, etc. Sooooo many possibilities. Who doesn’t feel awesome when a ghost explodes in purple flames around their fist-planted form. Also, armor lock wars are fun. It’s like a minigame within the game xD

I mainly use it because there is a grenade at my feet every half a second. Grenade spam is terrible…

> Armor lock is personally my favorite AA. Of all of the AAs, it has the most uses. Vehicles, Rockets, Grenades, Melee, Bullets, EMP, Unstick, etc. Sooooo many possibilities. Who doesn’t feel awesome when a ghost explodes in purple flames around their fist-planted form. Also, armor lock wars are fun. It’s like a minigame within the game xD

Especially when the Ghost is coming from behind. :slight_smile:

Mostly because people utilize it in less then favorable means… they use it to recover and maintain that they are invincible because of it. But I am thankful T.U. made it more… manageable.

It is not enough that you simply defeat an opponent.

You must defeat them in a way that they completely approve of, otherwise they will hit the forums to call you a scrub and campaign for the game to be changed to suit them. Welcome to the Halo Community™.

The problem with armour lock is that if people used it rationally, they would almost never lock for the full time. Doing that only delays your inevitable death and effectively adds 7 seconds to your own respawn counter, but they still do it. It also tells your opponent exactly when you will come out, instead of you getting to choose when to come out and hopefully surprising the enemy with a getaway or sneaky EMP. The only time you should ever lock for the full time is when you KNOW your team in coming or there is a grenade storm. I also dispute the assertion that its only intended use was anti-vehicle, if that were true it would never be in any 4v4 game.

Basically, people are irrational to the point of acting against their own interests, and never bothered or even wanted to learn how to take advantage of the sandbox properly. Story of Reaches life.

Meh. It’s funny how people feel so ‘cheated’ by Armor Lock. I think it’s hilarious to kill a guy who thought he could escape.

The only thing I hate is when someone knows how to use it better than me.

Because when you’re dead, you’re dead.

You shouldn’t get to put the game on pause for 7 seconds, which has to be the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard of. I still don’t know what Bungie was thinking with this nonsense.

Thrilled it’s not going to be in H4 though.

It just slows the game down. It is basically a 6-7 second pause button. That is the way it is used by the majority of AL-users.

There are people like Plunder who actually know how to use it effectively. But the amount of people like that are few and far between.

By the way, It’s noob not “noop” as many people miss use armor lock. FOR example, they use Armor lock to escape their rightful death. I only use armor lock for Vehicles, power weapons(sniper,rocket launcher etc.) and even sometimes as a bait.

The video that plunderfull posted was how I though armor lock was going to turn out: use it for small durations to block a powerful attack.

The way it’s actually used by 98% of the population is:

“oh i’m losing this dmr battle, better go into armor lock”

they either die eventually or get saved by their team mates.

I never use Arml during a DMR battle because it just prolongs the inevitable. But get some noob running around with rockets and I’m in Arml constantly.
My main uses,

Anti-vehicle
Anti-rocket / I hate rockets in with a passion
Anti-sword / Damn campers
and anti-frag / The number one way I die is from explosions…I hate explosions.

I cant usually escape sticky grenades because people just wait for me to run out of Arml before they stick meh.
If I pull out the magnum in the end they can sit there for however long they want them and their team mates are still getting a bullet to the think cap.

I hope H4 allows the use of Arml otherwise rocket -Yoink!- noobs will begin to send me flying over the edge.

AL was never overpowered. Sticky shedding was unfair in so much that its much harder to stick than it is to shed. The biggest complaint was how annoying it was when people lock to extend their miserable lives hoping for aid. The TU made AL amazingly fair and fun.

If I could alter Armor lock, I would have it set where you can only use it in a short 1 second burst, then have a 5 second recharge. It’s just enough to avoid an oncoming rocket, grenade or vehicle, but not enough to completely avoid death.

I’m also glad it won’t be in Halo 4.

Armor Lock doesn’t upset me anymore. If someone uses it in the middle of a DMR fight, just back off and focus on his team mates. If someone Armor Locks and you’re dumb enough to stand there and stare at him while two of his team mates come to his aid, it’s your fault. If you charge in for a pummel and he locks on you, EMPs, then punches you, still your fault.

Adjust and deal with it as it is in non-TU, or just play in TU playlists. When someone Armor Locks, it just shows me that they put themselves in a bad position and was rewarded for it in the short-term by getting a Rejection medal. Enjoy your few extra credits for the medal; and the respawn screen once you pop out of it.