Why is 5 getting a rated T?

Why is 5 getting a rated T? Usually Halo games are slapped with a Mature rating, but is the violence in 5 getting watered down compared to the previous Halo games? Or are consumers becoming desensitized to violence? Is the game trying to market itself to a wider audience?

I’m probably over thinking this.

> 2533274924902070;1:
> Why is 5 getting a rated T? Usually Halo games are slapped with a Mature rating, but is the violence in 5 getting watered down compared to the previous Halo games? Or are consumers becoming desensitized to violence? Is the game trying to market itself to a wider audience?
>
> I’m probably over thinking this.

partly no flood, halo 4’s rating was one word of difference from destiny’s rating at T, animated blood and blood. Halo’s never really been extremely mature, It’s not and never was that bad. plus they want to appeal to a larger audience.

Halo’s generally been a pretty soft M, with only really the flood (with dismembering) being the cause. In other countries halo’s rated 16+, not 18+ even. Minus the flood, there are T games that get away with what halo does, for years.

ODST and Reach were likely rated M merely because M is perceived as ‘cool’. h4 likely was M due to the composer scene showing you someone getting their skin melted off.

Outside of the Flood and maybe the blood, Halo isn’t really worth the M Rating. There’s hardly any swearing, no sexual content, and no gore in the games since 3.

That really cleared things up. Thanks lads!

Society is moving onwards from violence being proprietary for adults and older. There’s a lot of communities around the world that accept “Disney/Pixar movies for kids that include violence” for example.

Plus Halo has been a franchise for a very long time even to the point where it’s a milestone modern reference to culture.

Because the series was hardly treading M waters in the first place. Without gore or the flood, being T was a no-brainer just like Destiny for their Star wars-esque sci-fi fantasy violence.

> 2533274964189700;3:
> Halo’s generally been a pretty soft M, with only really the flood (with dismembering) being the cause. In other countries halo’s rated 16+, not 18+ even. Minus the flood, there are T games that get away with what halo does, for years.
>
> ODST and Reach were likely rated M merely because M is perceived as ‘cool’. h4 likely was M due to the composer scene showing you someone getting their skin melted off.

ODST was rated M because it’s technically a expansion of Halo 3. Plus there’s a lot more swearing. Reach is also M because of the grittier dark nature the game along with the millions of citizens being killed off by the covies in plain sight.

And yes, Halo 4 was indeed M because of the composer scene, and it wasnt just their skin, their whole bodies disintegrated layer by layer.

<mark>Do not post spam.</mark>

:d

I think its just so they can sell it to as much people as possible.

Because it did.

ESRB has slightly changed how they rate some things due to halo not being vulgar, it is deemed more appropriate to a wider range.

Someone’s late to the party.

in short, no flood, no composer scene of faces melting off so not that much in terms of gore, our naked hologram is dead, and swearing in halo is once in a blue moon.

There’s probably no blood anymore.

I could care less about the gore and blood etc. but I do worry that this may limit the dialogue options and some of the story line options. I enjoyed that composer scene from Halo 4 but I am not sure if it is what pushed H4 into the M rating. I suppose it’d be nice to have a clearer picture of what the real limitations are nowadays.

Lots of reasons for the change but none of them matter. I think the main reason is the lack of the flood

I believe that Halo has never really deserved an M rating, especially in comparison to the Gears of War or Mortal Kombat games. I don’t feel like the change in rating will affect the game experience in the slightest.

In one of the Warzone videos I swear I saw tasteful use of a blood-spray when a player assassinated another with his knife.

I think we’re just at that stage where all mediums have been pushed so far now that there is a little more wiggle room on each rating.

I don’t think it’ll be a big problem.

They have removed the blood commonly seen when shooting things is what I have heard. Sadly no more unloading on marines with blood flying out.

I don’t think that the rating will affect the fun factor.