Why is 343i staying quiet on 1-50?

As far as I know they haven’t said anything despite a large number of competitive players pestering them about it.

If they’re not going to have a ranking system such as 1-50 in H4, the only reason I can imagine they’re not saying anything is because it would dissuade said competitive players from purchasing the game. Therefore wouldn’t it make sense simply to have such a ranking system if only to attract the business of this market?

It really makes no sense to me why they haven’t said anything.

They have.

They said it won’t be there. Rather, there will be a better system. From what I hear, It will need you to have skill to get points, get points to rank up, and rank up to get Spartan Points, and use Spartan Points to unlock weapons.

There won’t be 1-50 and there won’t be something like Arena. They also said they won’t be using Trueskill like in Halo Reach, but new systems.

I like having a number beside my name :]

All they have said that it’s not the 1-50 system we remember from Halo 2-3 and it’s also not the Arena ranking system in Reach. So… honestly, no clue.

Just wait till E3 to see if they say anything regarding the true skill system.

The only thing I want is a good ranking system that gives everyone the rank they deserve

I wasn’t aware they’d said anything about it, I can only hope they actually have a true-skill based system and not just this ‘Spartan OPS’ which sounds like cR v2.

No 1-50 in Halo 4.

> The only thing I want is a good ranking system that gives everyone the rank they deserve

Hopefully it won’t be like Reach where you go into a game and see an Inheritor and then you completely annihialate them because all they did was boost and play firefight.

Wait until E3, most questions will be answered then.

> Hopefully it won’t be like Reach where you go into a game and see an Inheritor and then you completely annihialate them because all they did was boost and play firefight.

That doesn’t happen as often as guys like you make it out to be, at least not in my experience. Most of the inheritors I play are good. But even at that recruit-inheritor arent ranks, its a progression leveling system based, for the most part, on how much you play. And there is nothing wrong with it. You want ranks thats what arena is for. So arena is the system you should be criticizing if you don’t like it, not recruit-inheritor.

> I like having a number beside my name :]

Change your gt to have a 50 at the end?

> I wasn’t aware they’d said anything about it, I can only hope they actually have a true-skill based system and not just this ‘Spartan OPS’ which sounds like cR v2.

cR v2 is fine if its in addition to a ranking system based solely on trueskill (or some other suitable metric) .

> > I like having a number beside my name :]
>
> Change your gt to have a 50 at the end?

Every hardcore competitive should do that. Maybe they’d shut up then, and they’d have the number they want.

Make it a 51, and they’d be better than EVERYONE. Finally satisfy those impossible egos.

the actual 1-50 numerical ranking system isn’t 100% necessary, but a proper MM system that is based on skill to match players evenly most certainly is.

> > > I like having a number beside my name :]
> >
> > Change your gt to have a 50 at the end?
>
> Every hardcore competitive should do that. Maybe they’d shut up then, and they’d have the number they want.
>
> Make it a 51, and they’d be better than EVERYONE. Finally satisfy those impossible egos.

My new gt will be:
pajama dad iz lvl 51

> > The only thing I want is a good ranking system that gives everyone the rank they deserve
>
> Hopefully it won’t be like Reach where you go into a game and see an Inheritor and then you completely annihialate them because all they did was boost and play firefight.

The sad part about you is you think a progressive visual indication of EXP or CR = skill. Some people just play halo heavily casual. My account is an inheritor but it is because multiple people play on the account and we all play for the fun friend factor of halo not to be the best.

The ranks in halo reach are simply an indication of how long that account has been playing reach. nothing more. No skill representation or anything.

Stop assuming that when someone has played a game alot it automatically means they should be some turbo good player thats not how gaming works! -.-

> They have.
>
> They said it won’t be there. Rather, there will be a better system. From what I hear, It will need you to have skill to get points, get points to rank up, and rank up to get Spartan Points, and use Spartan Points to unlock weapons.

That’s not better though

> > They have.
> >
> > They said it won’t be there. Rather, there will be a better system. From what I hear, It will need you to have skill to get points, get points to rank up, and rank up to get Spartan Points, and use Spartan Points to unlock weapons.
>
> That’s not better though

dont worry he’s not accurate at all. they havent discussed any details about the ranking system yet.