Why is 343 trying to make Sali 'Nyon a thing?

Of all the characters in Halo to pop-up, I’m not sure I understand why 343 wishes to make Sali 'Nyon seem to important. He is pretty much just another boring religious zealot enemy whose only real mark of excellence is rebelling against Jul 'Mdama and then taking some of his -Yoink- to parts unknown. Other than that, he isn’t that interesting of a character and to think he’ll more than likely be in charge of whatever the Covenant is now moving forward with Jul 'Mdama’s death is pretty disappointing. Even some Swords of Sanghelios consider 'Nyon some great leader, but why I have no clue. There are few things I like about the Kilo-5 trilogy, but wouldn’t it make more sense to have Avu Med 'Telcam be in charge now? He too is a religious fundamentalist like 'Nyon, but he is also pragmatic like Jul in his ability to use other species to achieve his ends. It seems odd we haven’t heard from him given that Jul once worked for him and that his son is 'Telcam’s apprentice. Would have been a cool twist to see 'Nyon taking Jul’s -Yoink- not for himself, but to give it to 'Telcam instead to honor “The Bishop”.

So really, why is 'Nyon a thing?

Until we know for sure I doubt he will have any major role in the current story, his probably just going to stick to the EU. I do agree though that Telcam would be a very interesting replacement (Insert Cry Face) for Jul.

Maybe he will join Cortana and provide us with a covenant faction to fight against in 6

> 2533274810323471;3:
> Maybe he will join Cortana and provide us with a covenant faction to fight against in 6

Maybe out of fear but I don’t really see it happening.

> 2533274810323471;3:
> Maybe he will join Cortana and provide us with a covenant faction to fight against in 6

At the end of Halo 5 Cortana offered to all the other species to join her (The mantle) or suffer the consequences, so maybe in Halo 6 we will fight every other species from the old and new Covenant.

I don’t know. To be honest, I’m getting kind of tired of these splinter factions of the Covenant, just let them die already. We had the Covenant, then the Swords of Sanghelios split off from them, then the Storm Covenant split off from them, and now we might get Nyon’s faction which split off from them. If they can’t figure out a legitimate reason for the Covenant to be in the story, then just don’t include them. This whole discussion wouldn’t be needed if they hadn’t killed off their own frigging villain (Jul’) in the first mission just to make Osiris look good. Now they are going to have to contrive some new way for the Covenant to still be thing in Halo 6.

Because we always need Covenant in Halo and we can’t just move on.

Also, Sali 'Nyon sounds like Celine Dion. Sorry to ruin that for everyone…no wait, not really considering that the Covenant should have been gone a long time ago.

I’m still upset they killed Jul off so quickly. And that they didn’t use Telcam. I really liked his character. He was the first sangnehli who understood how to deal with humanity beside burning them all. “So we do favors you and I” it would insult most to consider such a thing. Granted he got played by ONI but he was another developed character you got BLAMed on.

> 2533274972305080;5:
> > 2533274810323471;3:
> > Maybe he will join Cortana and provide us with a covenant faction to fight against in 6
>
>
> At the end of Halo 5 Cortana offered to all the other species to join her (The mantle) or suffer the consequences, so maybe in Halo 6 we will fight every other species from the old and new Covenant.

That is very likely with the Zealots. They would likely see Cortona as a forerunner god and run toward her. But only the sangnehli maybe some lekggelo the grunts and jackals could care less about religion it seems.