Why is 343 overcomplicating Halo?

The “Halo Feel” or “Core of Halo” refers to the simplicity of how Halo games should be. What 343 is doing is they’re overcomplicating Halo with a lot of unnecessary things which is making people feel skeptical about the game.

Mistake #1

The first mistake was adding ADS (I don’t have a problem with ADS so I’m not being biased). The problem I have is that 343 decided and even considered adding this feature to a Halo game. It disgust me that someone probably suggested this game needs ADS and nobody questioned or stopped them when they know that has never been a request for any Halo game ever. It’s as bad as a call as what the Seahawks did at the Super Bowl this year. It was unnecessary and the stupidest thing they could start off with after Halo 4 flopped.

Mistake #2

343 knows that sprint is the most debatable subject in the Halo community so why on earth would they change it again making matters more complicated. Think about it this way, the argue began with Halo Reach which introduced sprint. At this point sprint would run out and had to recharge. Although it didn’t fall to everybody’s liking at first, it began to feel natural and people began getting use to it and Halo Reach was still fun and it still had a huge huge skill gap. 343 then comes along and complicates sprint instead of giving everybody what they already assimilated to. They now make it unlimited and now add all this extra stuff with sprint and shield recharge and ramming people and stuff. People like familiarity. I think sprint worked in Halo Reach, 343 should have just built on Reach’s sprint and made the recharge a little longer. Why build from scratch when the parts are already built for you? You just risk messing things up.

Mistake #3

Kill times are just way too fast brah.

Mistake #4

This game is rated “M” so we don’t need a voice holding are hands the whole game through telling us what to do. We don’t need pink noise telling us if he hit our target because we can count and see what is happening. We didn’t ask you guys to change the announcers voice or the rocket. We didn’t asked for sportsmanship animations at the beginning and end of the matches. We didn’t asked for a lot of these things. 343 is focusing on what we don’t ask for and not adding what we do ask for.

Moral of the story: The more you add and take away to Halo will separate the community even more because you are not establishing an identity for the game

Lets say you can only give a group of 100 people one type of fruit each day. You decide to give them apples everyday. Everybody likes the apples and are enjoying life eating apples. If one day you were to bring oranges some people will also like the oranges. Now when the group has to decide what fruit they want to eat, there will always be arguments breaking out and the more fruits you introduce, the more crazy it gets.

you’re right but a lot of people says "YOU WANT TO PLAY THE SAME HAHAHAHA I DON’T HALO NEEDS TO EVOLVE " well i mean yeah 343 can innovate but they didn’t even asked us…

Oh you know what flips table over COME HERE punches Mr Reloadshot uncontrollably

Can you even imagine an arena map of this simplicity ever making it into a 343i Halo game?

Sad isn’t it when you see this and remember how halo used to feel on small maps

I would wait until 343 releases the notes about changes in Halo 5 before you create another ranting thread that has points in it that have been argued to death.

> 2533274832290972;5:
> I would wait until 343 releases the notes about changes in Halo 5 before you create another ranting thread that has points in it that have been argued to death.

I agree.

Just let it die in peace, let them ruin it. Besides I heard a reboot coming in a few years.

> 2533274792364274;7:
> Just let it die in peace, let them ruin it. Besides I heard a reboot coming in a few years.

Post of my life.

> 2533274915884038;3:
> Oh you know what flips table over COME HERE punches Mr Reloadshot uncontrollably

Ebin. Simply ebin. Upvoted, shared on le Reddit XP and put on my Facebook wall

> 2533274977982641;2:
> you’re right but a lot of people says "YOU WANT TO PLAY THE SAME HAHAHAHA I DON’T HALO NEEDS TO EVOLVE " well i mean yeah 343 can innovate but they didn’t even asked us…

They don’t have to ask us.

> 2533274879837198;1:
> The “Halo Feel” or “Core of Halo” refers to the simplicity of how Halo games should be. What 343 is doing is they’re overcomplicating Halo with a lot of unnecessary things which is making people feel skeptical about the game.
>
> Mistake #1
>
> The first mistake was adding ADS (I don’t have a problem with ADS so I’m not being biased). The problem I have is that 343 decided and even considered adding this feature to a Halo game. It disgust me that someone probably suggested this game needs ADS and nobody questioned or stopped them when they know that has never been a request for any Halo game ever. It’s as bad as a call as what the Seahawks did at the Super Bowl this year. It was unnecessary and the stupidest thing they could start off with after Halo 4 flopped.
>
> Mistake #2
>
> 343 knows that sprint is the most debatable subject in the Halo community so why on earth would they change it again making matters more complicated. Think about it this way, the argue began with Halo Reach which introduced sprint. At this point sprint would run out and had to recharge. Although it didn’t fall to everybody’s liking at first, it began to feel natural and people began getting use to it and Halo Reach was still fun and it still had a huge huge skill gap. 343 then comes along and complicates sprint instead of giving everybody what they already assimilated to. They now make it unlimited and now add all this extra stuff with sprint and shield recharge and ramming people and stuff. People like familiarity. I think sprint worked in Halo Reach, 343 should have just built on Reach’s sprint and made the recharge a little longer. Why build from scratch when the parts are already built for you? You just risk messing things up.
>
> Mistake #3
>
> Kill times are just way too fast brah.
>
> Mistake #4
>
> This game is rated “M” so we don’t need a voice holding are hands the whole game through telling us what to do. We don’t need pink noise telling us if he hit our target because we can count and see what is happening. We didn’t ask you guys to change the announcers voice or the rocket. We didn’t asked for sportsmanship animations at the beginning and end of the matches. We didn’t asked for a lot of these things. 343 is focusing on what we don’t ask for and not adding what we do ask for.
>
> Moral of the story: The more you add and take away to Halo will separate the community even more because you are not establishing an identity for the game
>
> Lets say you can only give a group of 100 people one type of fruit each day. You decide to give them apples everyday. Everybody likes the apples and are enjoying life eating apples. If one day you were to bring oranges some people will also like the oranges. Now when the group has to decide what fruit they want to eat, there will always be arguments breaking out and the more fruits you introduce, the more crazy it gets.

Odd way of putting it in the end, but I agree. Halo used to be it’s own thing. Original campaign feel, original multiplayer feel, then 343 took over and everyone compares this game to CoD. Why is that? Maybe because 343 was too stupid to realize CoD fans don’t belong in the Haloverse and decided to make the game more and more similar to their play style. This is why I have not touched Halo 4 since I maxed out the Achievements. The only thing I will play on it now (unless playing with friends) is the Campaign. Otherwise, I may as well just play CoD AW because that’s what Halo 5 is going to be… Just another reason not to move to Xbox One, all games are going to become more and more similar and will lose their luster. CoD is dying, Halo is dying, and when Gears 4 comes out, it will die as well (thanks to the CoD trend in Judgement). Moving forward? More like moving backwards and then copying each other to turn a profit. All game systems will die out within the next 20 years. At least Xbox and Play Station anyway. They both can’t seem to actually compete anymore, they just combat one systems game with the same -Yoinking!- thing but with a different name. I have a near 100 game collection for 360, I will be playing those until my 360 doesn’t work anymore, then probably keep trying to find another 360, rinse and repeat until 360’s are all gone. Screw next gen, the future lies in the past.

Ppl are pretty devided in this topic. A lot of “purist” love the simplicity but want legit button combos a la BXB. Tbh if they can clean it up I’ll really enjoy H5 added complexity. I loved H5 its hands down my favorit but I feel we’ve pretty damn near mastered the trinity, and BR. I’ll ways go back and spend hours on MCC onces its fixed but I like the added layer to the trinity in H5. From enjoying picking up other guns and using them besides BR and power weapon to adding thrust to my staffing

> 2533274879837198;1:
> The “Halo Feel” or “Core of Halo” refers to the simplicity of how Halo games should be. What 343 is doing is they’re overcomplicating Halo with a lot of unnecessary things which is making people feel skeptical about the game.
>
> Mistake #1
>
> The first mistake was adding ADS (I don’t have a problem with ADS so I’m not being biased). The problem I have is that 343 decided and even considered adding this feature to a Halo game. It disgust me that someone probably suggested this game needs ADS and nobody questioned or stopped them when they know that has never been a request for any Halo game ever. It’s as bad as a call as what the Seahawks did at the Super Bowl this year. It was unnecessary and the stupidest thing they could start off with after Halo 4 flopped.
>
> Mistake #2
>
> 343 knows that sprint is the most debatable subject in the Halo community so why on earth would they change it again making matters more complicated. Think about it this way, the argue began with Halo Reach which introduced sprint. At this point sprint would run out and had to recharge. Although it didn’t fall to everybody’s liking at first, it began to feel natural and people began getting use to it and Halo Reach was still fun and it still had a huge huge skill gap. 343 then comes along and complicates sprint instead of giving everybody what they already assimilated to. They now make it unlimited and now add all this extra stuff with sprint and shield recharge and ramming people and stuff. People like familiarity. I think sprint worked in Halo Reach, 343 should have just built on Reach’s sprint and made the recharge a little longer. Why build from scratch when the parts are already built for you? You just risk messing things up.
>
> Mistake #3
>
> Kill times are just way too fast brah.
>
> Mistake #4
>
> This game is rated “M” so we don’t need a voice holding are hands the whole game through telling us what to do. We don’t need pink noise telling us if he hit our target because we can count and see what is happening. We didn’t ask you guys to change the announcers voice or the rocket. We didn’t asked for sportsmanship animations at the beginning and end of the matches. We didn’t asked for a lot of these things. 343 is focusing on what we don’t ask for and not adding what we do ask for.
>
> Moral of the story: The more you add and take away to Halo will separate the community even more because you are not establishing an identity for the game
>
> Lets say you can only give a group of 100 people one type of fruit each day. You decide to give them apples everyday. Everybody likes the apples and are enjoying life eating apples. If one day you were to bring oranges some people will also like the oranges. Now when the group has to decide what fruit they want to eat, there will always be arguments breaking out and the more fruits you introduce, the more crazy it gets.

+1
way too much handholding in halo 5. Halos identity is being threatened with halo 5

> 2533274915884038;3:
> Oh you know what flips table over COME HERE punches Mr Reloadshot uncontrollably

Mate…I- You are just embarrasing yourself.

You realize the “handholding” is for the casual players, right? So how does that affect you and your exaggerated skill gap?

Who knows lol.

Theyve made a game that is too complicated for the masses and yet totally uncompetitive and unwanted by competitive playerd aswell.

Theyre making MP that appeals to a tiny crowd of hardcore, non competitive halo fans.

> 2535445272577794;16:
> Who knows lol.
>
> Theyve made a game that is too complicated for the masses and yet totally uncompetitive and unwanted by competitive playerd aswell.
>
> Theyre making MP that appeals to a tiny crowd of hardcore, non competitive halo fans.

How is Halo 5 too complicated? They literally added like 5 things. I fear for video game developers everywhere if the masses think a game like Halo 5 is complicated.

> 2533274832290972;17:
> > 2535445272577794;16:
> > Who knows lol.
> >
> > Theyve made a game that is too complicated for the masses and yet totally uncompetitive and unwanted by competitive playerd aswell.
> >
> > Theyre making MP that appeals to a tiny crowd of hardcore, non competitive halo fans.
>
>
> How is Halo 5 too complicated? They literally added like 5 things. I fear for video game developers everywhere if the masses think a game like Halo 5 is complicated.

halo 5 is far from complicated. it just veers wayyyyyy of the path bungie has led 343 too. instead of the smooth highway they are choosing the crappy maintained sidestreets

> 2533274795515722;18:
> > 2533274832290972;17:
> > > 2535445272577794;16:
> > > Who knows lol.
> > >
> > > Theyve made a game that is too complicated for the masses and yet totally uncompetitive and unwanted by competitive playerd aswell.
> > >
> > > Theyre making MP that appeals to a tiny crowd of hardcore, non competitive halo fans.
> >
> >
> >
> > How is Halo 5 too complicated? They literally added like 5 things. I fear for video game developers everywhere if the masses think a game like Halo 5 is complicated.
>
>
> halo 5 is far from complicated. it just veers wayyyyyy of the path bungie has led 343 too. instead of the smooth highway they are choosing the crappy maintained sidestreets

Yeah, Reach was definitely the path to glory. sigh The beta was miles ahead of Reach.

> 2533274832290972;17:
> > 2535445272577794;16:
> > Who knows lol.
> >
> > Theyve made a game that is too complicated for the masses and yet totally uncompetitive and unwanted by competitive playerd aswell.
> >
> > Theyre making MP that appeals to a tiny crowd of hardcore, non competitive halo fans.
>
>
> How is Halo 5 too complicated? They literally added like 5 things. I fear for video game developers everywhere if the masses think a game like Halo 5 is complicated.

I can tell your first Halo game was probably Halo 4