Why is 1GBps down / 750Mbps up not enough for MCC?

I have Bell Gigabit service. The download speed I experience is between 1GBps to 1.2GBps. My upload hovers between 740MBps to 780MBps.

My question is: why the -Yoink- is that not enough to play a smooth game? Why are there so many people teleporting around on local US servers? Are the servers that bad? Did they take 2008 servers to simulate the authentic dial-up connection we had back then? Every other game I run is so smooth. I’m running 12 ping on cross Atlantic servers sometimes!

I just don’t feel like I should be penalized because I can afford a good internet connection. I feel like I’m being -Yoinked!- over by shooting people that have twice my effective health, while I still die in the same amount of bullets.

Why is the MCC the only game where having a good internet connection a negative thing?

> 2533274823130534;1:
> I have Bell Gigabit service. The download speed I experience is between 1GBps to 1.2GBps. My upload hovers between 740MBps to 780MBps.
>
> My question is: why the -Yoink- is that not enough to play a smooth game? Why are there so many people teleporting around on local US servers? Are the servers that bad? Did they take 2008 servers to simulate the authentic dial-up connection we had back then? Every other game I run is so smooth. I’m running 12 ping on cross Atlantic servers sometimes!
>
> I just don’t feel like I should be penalized because I can afford a good internet connection. I feel like I’m being -Yoinked!- over by shooting people that have twice my effective health, while I still die in the same amount of bullets.
>
> Why is the MCC the only game where having a good internet connection a negative thing?

thats just that classic bungie code not playing nice on anything thats not the 360 i believe. personally i notice as someone in the East US i get better connection and ping to central and west US games.

Can’t deny it, there were times where I felt exactly like that. I just assumed they had better aim. I have around 25 MBps of speed, and I usually end up on US servers while playing from South EU.

its not your internet that’s the problem, it’s theirs

you could have the best internet in the world and see issues playing with someone on dial up wifi

Sounds like your internet provider is bad. Even on US servers playing from Europe I don’t have players teleporting around.

Bandwidth is pretty much irrelevant in this day and age. No you do not need 1Gbps. Or 500Mbps. Or 50Mbps.

You need a small amount of bandwidth and a good ISP who doesn’t congest their peering links to Microsoft, or overutilise their local access network.

> I’m running 12 ping on cross Atlantic servers sometimes!

No you aren’t, considering the one-way latency from Ireland to Nova Scotia is 14ms, this would put the minimum ping theoretically possible at 28ms at the speed of light taking a straight line. Light goes through a fibre at about 2/3c, so even in a straight line that would be 41ms.

In any reasonable figure you’d see that as at least 60ms due to processing, taking non straight pathways, you’re not sitting on the edge of the East coast of North America.

I get 70ms from London to New York. On my old cable ISP that was 105ms.

The speed of your connection isn’t really that relevant for playing a game to be honest. I don’t know if you’re trying some kind of subtle flex but it’s not really a huge factor in gameplay. As long as you have about 10MB or above you’re fine for gaming.
Higher MBPS/GBPS speeds are great for downloading but it’s not going to make a huge impact on server ping which is the true determining factor for quality of connections in game.

If you’re closer to a server you’ll have less ping, if you’re further away you’ll have a higher ping.
If someone in your game has a high ping then they’ll be lagging all over the place.

It’s possibly your ISP could be clogging up the line with a lot of other data too. Which could be slowing you down. Not much you can really do other than try to play on local servers to reduce the ping.

As for being penalised for having a good connection….the game doesn’t do that. I have fantastic internet speeds and I’ve never come across any kind of significant issue with matchmaking.

REF: MCC PC

Well for the last week I have been getting Disconnected for XBOX LIVE! when running my CGB wanna be dedicated server. This is getting old. It cost me $50.00 for Spectrum to come and and check out connection only to find out it’s not a computer and it’s not my internet provider. This is the reason we need our "OWN DEDICATED SERVER! and stop relying on those MS Asure Servers PERIOD!

Ah yes. Hitting people 5-6 times with a BR, when it seems they shoot you 3 times, or pull a Son Goku and teleport on you for a melee when they were 20 feet away. Always feels nice… especially when they t-bag you after.

Cloudfare speed test says I have 0 issues with my ISP.

Problem is their connections, and the server.

> 2622408533035179;5:
> Sounds like your internet provider is bad. Even on US servers playing from Europe I don’t have players teleporting around.
>
> Bandwidth is pretty much irrelevant in this day and age. No you do not need 1Gbps. Or 500Mbps. Or 50Mbps.
>
> You need a small amount of bandwidth and a good ISP who doesn’t congest their peering links to Microsoft, or overutilise their local access network.
>
>
>
>
> > I’m running 12 ping on cross Atlantic servers sometimes!
>
> No you aren’t, considering the one-way latency from Ireland to Nova Scotia is 14ms, this would put the minimum ping theoretically possible at 28ms at the speed of light taking a straight line. Light goes through a fibre at about 2/3c, so even in a straight line that would be 41ms.
>
> In any reasonable figure you’d see that as at least 60ms due to processing, taking non straight pathways, you’re not sitting on the edge of the East coast of North America.
>
> I get 70ms from London to New York. On my old cable ISP that was 105ms.

This can’t be overstated enough. I have played with 50mbps down and also played with 250mbps down from the same location and have not seen any noticeable difference. Its all about proximity to servers.