Why Infinite should have BR mode

• Gives everyone a chance to win - Offers a chance for more ranged combat - Best option for large scale multiplayer battle - Vehicles work really well and have a good balance with BR - The winner doesn’t come down to just memorizing spawns and timers of power weapons - Allows for more dynamic combat and situations - Best mode for competitive too - Have superior pacing - BR modes are underrated - Assault Rifle modes are lameSo what do you guys think? I’m totally on board with BR modes for all playlists.

I cannot agree with most of these reasons. Especially 9. BR modes are the most milked modes of all time because there’s a market for it. I would like for 343 to not cater to the hype surrounding BR but I wouldn’t be opposed to them including it. Just wouldnt be for me.

> 2533274793006817;1:
> - Gives everyone a chance to win - Offers a chance for more ranged combat - Best option for large scale multiplayer battle - Vehicles work really well and have a good balance with BR - The winner doesn’t come down to just memorizing spawns and timers of power weapons - Allows for more dynamic combat and situations - Best mode for competitive too - Have superior pacing - BR modes are underrated - Assault Rifle modes are lameSo what do you guys think? I’m totally on board with BR modes for all playlists.

• Pretty sure that statistically speaking, and I’m no mathematician, each team of equal skill in standard halo would have a 50% chance for a win, which is much higher than several teams of higher skill. - Does it? Halo maps are designed for a specific engagement range. BTB maps will be made to accommodate long-range combat. Any larger and you’re likely outside the effective range of every gun save the sniper rifle - That’s entirely subjective. Maybe I think the best large scale team setup is 64v64. I’m sure that 343 has tested several player counts and settled on 12v12 for a good enough reason. - I remember that PUBG had a huge problem with players just running over everyone. While that’s certainly a different game, I’m not sure that being one-shot by a Gauss Hog or a Scorpion is going to be very enjoyable in a gamemode where most time is spent scavenging. - Why punish map knowledge? That’s one of, if not the most important aspect of Halo multiplayer. - This is pretty vague. Halo is already incredibly dynamic because of it’s emphasis on sandbox interactions between weapons, vehicles, and equipment. No two halo matches play quite the same. Would a Halo BR somehow make it more dynamic? No. Would it make it chaotic? yeah, it would. - A game mode which is based around random weapon spawns, essentially luck, is not very competitive. In the slightest. The more determinate (predictable) a game is, the more it lends itself to competition. Halo CE is extremely competitive because there is very little randomness. Halo 5 Super Fiesta, which is centered around random weapon spawns, is a far cry from something competitive. - Halo has always had incredible pacing. As soon as you spawn in Midship/truth you’re shooting someone. You die, you respawn, and you’re back to shooting someone within seconds. Does a BR really have better pacing? You spend a significant amount of time in each game looting items. That’s not much shooting for a first-person shooter. - Lol ok - I personally really like AR starts because it forces map movement and interaction with weapons in the sandbox that usually would end up being ignored in the case of BR starts. That’s my personal opinion. A lot of Halo Gamemodes as it turns out, don’t start with Assault Rifles, *they start with Battle Rifles.*This is trolling right?

> 2533274834089336;2:
> I cannot agree with most of these reasons. Especially 9. BR modes are the most milked modes of all time because there’s a market for it.
>
>
> > 2533274834089336;2:
> > I cannot agree with most of these reasons. Especially 9. BR modes are the most milked modes of all time because there’s a market for it. I would like for 343 to not cater to the hype surrounding BR but I wouldn’t be opposed to them including it. Just wouldnt be for me.
>
>
>
> > 2533274834089336;2:
> > I cannot agree with most of these reasons. Especially 9. BR modes are the most milked modes of all time because there’s a market for it. I would like for 343 to not cater to the hype surrounding BR but I wouldn’t be opposed to them including it. Just wouldnt be for me.
>
>
>
> > 2533274834089336;2:
>
> I think he meant BR as in Battle Rifle not Battle Royale

In my DMs:

> 2535434457651384;1:
> Ok allow me to make my counter points:
> 1. Oh you mean like every mode in Halo? Everyone has a chance to win, but having a chance doesn’t guarantee you the win.
> 2. Team Snipers and Snipers FFA would beg to differ.
> 3. BTB 2.0 has basically already proven this wrong.
> 4. Umm, no? Vehicles have always been the OP choice in Halo, that’s how they’ve always been in Halo.
> 5. I mean there’s more to Halo Multiplayer than just memorization, there’s actual skill involved.
> 6. Action Sack already has plenty of unique combat situations.
> 7. BR is terrible for competitive, Team Slayer, hell even FFA Rumble Pit is better for Competitive play than BR, at least when it comes to Halo.
> 8. Superior Pacing? This isn’t a story, this is a gun fight, arena shooters have ALWAYS had superior pacing compared to games like Borderlands and BR games like Fortnite.
> 9. BR modes if anything are OVERRATED because they’re literally everywhere these days.
> 10. AR modes are only lame if you suck at Halo multiplayer.What I can gather from this is you don’t understand why BR won’t work in a game that is designed as an Arena
>
> Shooter, it’s because BR would cripple Halo’s flow and arena based balance.Also just an FYI 343 already confirmed there won’t be a battle royale mode in Infinite, namely by stating that BTB 2.0 will be a 12v12 and that’s the biggest mode in the game.

1. BR have worked better in Halo setting than AR modes since Halo 3. Since Halo 2 if counting SMG.

> 2533274793006817;1:
> - Gives everyone a chance to win - Offers a chance for more ranged combat - Best option for large scale multiplayer battle - Vehicles work really well and have a good balance with BR - The winner doesn’t come down to just memorizing spawns and timers of power weapons - Allows for more dynamic combat and situations - Best mode for competitive too - Have superior pacing - BR modes are underrated - Assault Rifle modes are lameSo what do you guys think? I’m totally on board with BR modes for all playlists.

1. How isn’t there only one winner out of 100?
  2. Already tons of mid to long ranged combat in BTB and WZ.
  3. Battlefield is an example of large scale combat that I find more enjoyable. Regardless, BR being best is an opinion.
  4. No they don’t
  5. No it comes down to memorizing the map and luck which is way better than prioritizing skill (???)
  6. I guess maybe? Not necessarily better?
  7. No, your opinion and I completely disagree. It’s way to luck based to be competitive.
  8. Again, opinion that I and many others disagree with.
  9. They are literally so popular that they cannot be called underrated. They are more likely overrated.
  10. Sounds like you just don’t like Halo m8?

Feel free to use this existing thread for this:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/29568daf8cd14083bd1b70a810bf3581/topics/halo-infinite-battle-royale/9c1ca719-20c1-42e5-ac43-26ba2c2642fd/posts