Why I'm not playing infection right now

When I think of Halo: Reach, I think of infection. I was never the best, I couldn’t snipe zombies across the playing field or anything like that, but I didn’t care about the score, I cared about running from the infected (or running at the healthy). So when I heard about the Memories of Reach update a few months ago, I was really hoping for an infection game mode. And once I found out that infection would be coming, I was very happy. I didn’t even consider that 343 would change the game that I love.
One of the things that made infection so fun was that the zombies were these super-humans, coming from everywhere in huge hordes. They were super powerful, creatures with super speed and strength. If they came near you were dead. They only had two weaknesses; they had to be right next to you to kill you, and they died very easily.
I must admit, being a human was much more entertaining than being a zombie. It was much easier to kill zombies than to kill people. But on the other hand, zombies almost always won. In the end, the power of so many zombies and their speed and strength killed the humans, one by one. The most annoying thing was campers with such a good position, so many people, and so much skill that they always won. Being a zombie could feel like an endless death cycle. But that’s how infection worked, and I loved it.
But I thought this was “Memories of Reach”. I thought that I’d be experiencing the same things I experienced when I played Reach. I thought this update would be full of classic things, perhaps maps, weapons, and game modes. But instead it just feels like something new. Sometimes the old ways are this best.
I tried out this new infection mode, and it’s nothing like the game I loved. Now being a zombie is extremely slow and boring. In the old infection zomies could either roll super-quick, going 20 feet in half a second, or sprint forever. Now the zombies walk around. The game devs have said that zomies have increased speed, but that’s not saying much, considering how slow it is to walk around maps without sprinting. Seriously, being a human in this new mode is fine, but being a zombie is torture. At least we used be able to fly at the humans, jumping or rolling at them at huge speeds and/or in big groups and overwhelming them or catching them off guard. Now the people can run away, faster than us. But they don’t even need to because while we’re slowly walking towards them they can pick us off with their assault rifles.
The devs say that invisibility makes up for the lost speed, but it doesn’t at all! That just encourage zombies to camp out around the human base and wait for them to leave, which the people won’t do. They’re not idiots, they’ll stay in their base. So either the humans and zombies both have campouts and try to out-camp each other or zombies just walk, literally walk, into the human base where twenty people can shoot them.
I heard that the weapon spawns are supposed to convince players not to camp and will make the game more interesting, but it’s not working. The original weapons are good enough and the zombies are gonna be waiting for them anyway. So instead of being persuaded to run around a little, humans are pretty much forced into a corner to wait.
I played a few rounds of the game, and I honestly think it’s just dreadful, and I’m not just saying that because it’s not as good as the old version. I honestly cannot stand this new version of infection, it just bores me. I’ve played every one of the game modes in the game, and there are some I don’t really enjoy that much. But this one is far worse than any other.
I know some people will reply with things like, “if you don’t like the game, don’t play it” or “that’s just your opinion. Stop your whining” etc. etc. The truth is, I’m writing this with the hope that the game devs may hear some of the fans’ suggestions and make more like the old version.
I feel like this is 343’s way of saying, “Oh, they liked the Bungie version? Well, we can’t copy Bungie, it’ll make us look unoriginal. How about we show how unique we are, while still playing into the fans’ nostalgia, and make the game way different, yet the same!” But it’s not the same. It’s very different, and I get that 343 has done something new. But they advertised that they were selling the old product!
But just in case you guys think I’m another hater on the game, I’m not. I really like this game and I’ve been playing it a ton over the past months. I love the free DLC they’ve been giving the fans. This game is amazing, I’m just really disappointed with the new update. If you like the new update, then go ahead and play it! I’m not stopping you! I’m just putting my voice out there.

Also, I have another account, which is the one I play on. I just decided to post with this one for now.

Ummm considering every Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics… infection in reach was different from infection in H3… also firefight is different from firefight in reach… why would they copy and paste infection from reach to h5? I don’t want game modes to be copy and pasted. I want new experiences.

Surely you couldn’t have expected a literal copy and paste into Halo 5. Spartan abilities provide a totally different experience, etc.

My only complaint so far is that the Spartans have grenades for some reason…

Okay before I make some points as to why this Infection is the best one yet since Halo 2’s in my opinion, I just want to say that I respect yours but disagree to the most extreme extent. Here’s why;

1.) To think that “Memories of Reach” update would bring back classic experiences such as gamemodes, weapons, and maps was just setting yourself up for disappointment. Never set high expectations for these updates.

2.) The zombies in Halo 5 feel just as powerful and menacing as they did in their previous iterations. Just without the AAs in Reach (which I dont think zombies should’ve had in the first place) If the zombies work as a team like charging the humans at the same time, they are pretty much unstoppable.

3.) The old Infection modes were just as “slow” as they were in Halo 2 and 3 so to base this off purely on Reach’s Infection is not very fair. I have no problems being an infected player.

4.) I like how you iterate the point how you loved when being a zombie in Reach it was endless torture because of people being in good spots and not leaving their spot but say that you dislike it in Halo 5. Why? I really want to know because I see no difference between the two. Same amount of camping in either game.

5.) Being able to pick up weapons is a refreshing and adds some variety to the game. A welcomed change.

This Infection can sometimes get frustrating. As it was true with every other Infection gamemode in previous Halos. It’s just as campy as it was before, the humans are as powerful as they were before, and the infected are actually a lot more fun and less stressful to play as this time around. When I start as a zombie in Halo 5, I don’t feel the need to say screw it and put my controller down to wait for the next round because I know being a Alpha zombie is actually pretty viable and fun. No pistol starts was an excellent choice because those H5 pistols are sooooo powerful that nobody would have to pick up any other weapon on the map and would all just huddle together and not let the zombies have a chance. Weapons on map and AR starts makes it so people are exploring the map more looking for better weapons and it’s awesome.

I find the grenades to be fun to troll with, but I don’t really get why spartans spawn with them instead of just finding them on the map XD

> 2533274834089336;6:
> Okay before I make some points as to why this Infection is the best one yet since Halo 2’s in my opinion, I just want to say that I respect yours but disagree to the most extreme extent. Here’s why;
>
> 1.) To think that “Memories of Reach” update would bring back classic experiences such as gamemodes, weapons, and maps was just setting yourself up for disappointment. Never set high expectations for these updates.
>
> 2.) The zombies in Halo 5 feel just as powerful and menacing as they did in their previous iterations. Just without the AAs in Reach (which I dont think zombies should’ve had in the first place) If the zombies work as a team like charging the humans at the same time, they are pretty much unstoppable.
>
> 3.) The old Infection modes were just as “slow” as they were in Halo 2 and 3 so to base this off purely on Reach’s Infection is not very fair. I have no problems being an infected player.
>
> 4.) I like how you iterate the point how you loved when being a zombie in Reach it was endless torture because of people being in good spots and not leaving their spot but say that you dislike it in Halo 5. Why? I really want to know because I see no difference between the two. Same amount of camping in either game.
>
> 5.) Being able to pick up weapons is a refreshing and adds some variety to the game. A welcomed change.
>
> This Infection can sometimes get frustrating. As it was true with every other Infection gamemode in previous Halos. It’s just as campy as it was before, the humans are as powerful as they were before, and the infected are actually a lot more fun and less stressful to play as this time around. When I start as a zombie in Halo 5, I don’t feel the need to say screw it and put my controller down to wait for the next round because I know being a Alpha zombie is actually pretty viable and fun. No pistol starts was an excellent choice because those H5 pistols are sooooo powerful that nobody would have to pick up any other weapon on the map and would all just huddle together and not let the zombies have a chance. Weapons on map and AR starts makes it so people are exploring the map more looking for better weapons and it’s awesome.

i find this one to be the most frustrating, id even take halo 4s flood with the op thrusters cause at least its easy to kill people.

I played a couple rounds. I was never a fan of this mode to begin with… Still not a fan. It’s more content though, so no complaints here.

> 2533274834089336;6:
> Okay before I make some points as to why this Infection is the best one yet since Halo 2’s in my opinion, I just want to say that I respect yours but disagree to the most extreme extent. Here’s why;
>
> 1.) To think that “Memories of Reach” update would bring back classic experiences such as gamemodes, weapons, and maps was just setting yourself up for disappointment. Never set high expectations for these updates.
>
> 2.) The zombies in Halo 5 feel just as powerful and menacing as they did in their previous iterations. Just without the AAs in Reach (which I dont think zombies should’ve had in the first place) If the zombies work as a team like charging the humans at the same time, they are pretty much unstoppable.
>
> 3.) The old Infection modes were just as “slow” as they were in Halo 2 and 3 so to base this off purely on Reach’s Infection is not very fair. I have no problems being an infected player.
>
> 4.) I like how you iterate the point how you loved when being a zombie in Reach it was endless torture because of people being in good spots and not leaving their spot but say that you dislike it in Halo 5. Why? I really want to know because I see no difference between the two. Same amount of camping in either game.
>
> 5.) Being able to pick up weapons is a refreshing and adds some variety to the game. A welcomed change.
>
> This Infection can sometimes get frustrating. As it was true with every other Infection gamemode in previous Halos. It’s just as campy as it was before, the humans are as powerful as they were before, and the infected are actually a lot more fun and less stressful to play as this time around. When I start as a zombie in Halo 5, I don’t feel the need to say screw it and put my controller down to wait for the next round because I know being a Alpha zombie is actually pretty viable and fun. No pistol starts was an excellent choice because those H5 pistols are sooooo powerful that nobody would have to pick up any other weapon on the map and would all just huddle together and not let the zombies have a chance. Weapons on map and AR starts makes it so people are exploring the map more looking for better weapons and it’s awesome.

Everything that this guy said. This is my favourite version of base infection yet. You keep claiming the old zombies could roll 20 feet and were so much faster, but in reality you just want the reach version. And as for your claim that this isn’t the account you play on, I’m pretty sure you said that so no one could go into your game history and see that you’ve judged this version after a game or two.