Why i'm excited about the Season Passes

I hate microtransactions, you hate microtransactions, we all hate microtransactions! But…
The season pass, FTP and the 10 year long plan that 343 has set in place has me very very excited. I mean, the game is free, crossplay, next-gen, and you don’t even need Xbox Live Gold to be able to play online which is nuts. The fact that I can play this game for free, pay like $10 for two months of content, and then be able to look forward to even more being added in the coming months and years is incredibly exciting. The live-service aspect of Halo Infinite is a godsend. Meta fixes, free new maps, new modes, more armors and stuff to unlock constantly. There’s always something to look forward to, and from a business standpoint it was a very good move from 343 Industries to make the passes have no expiry. You can come back and play whenever you want without any FOMO attached. It’s legendary. If you disagree, I get it. But there’s no denying that the amount of content is exciting.

I remember back in the Xbox 360 days when a game would release, you pay for like 4 maps and then the game doesn’t get touched again by devs and you’d just have to wait like 3 or 4 years for the next game. I’m happy that we finally get a new Halo game with literal years worth of content to be added. I’m so excited.

I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years

I guess as far as micro transactions go this is the least worrying way of doing it. Pure cosmetic sales and seeing you can personally pick the ways enemies are recognisable to you there probably won’t be a “best armor and coating” for sweaty competitive hidden behind a price tag.

what we do need to realise is that 343i does need to win back a full extra year of game development on this game so don’t be surprised if the most juicy stuff isn’t included in the pass for the extra revenue. I just know that when there is a Jeremy Irons A.I. In the shop I won’t even look at the price tag haha!

I may get the hatred of certain users, but the truth is that I support the idea that there are other microtransactions in addition to the Battle Pass. Obviously only paid Skins.

I support it.

> 2535422212492174;3:
> Jeremy Irons A.I. In the shop

I didn’t know how much I wanted this until now

> 2533274931338642;2:
> I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years

I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders

> 2533274931338642;2:
> I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years

If it works anything like MCC battlepasses maybe we could unlock specific items we want via a non-purchasable token system.

But unlike MCC maybe it could work for any item and not just the current row you’re on.

That IMO would be the most ideal BP system. You choose what you want and what you dont want at any level, I know high end rewards are usually saved until last but not everyone just wants the very end stuff.

This is assuming they’re the usual 100 tier passes. Could be the smaller ones we’ve seen before also.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> I may get the hatred of certain users, but the truth is that I support the idea that there are other microtransactions in addition to the Battle Pass. Obviously only paid Skins.

Well they pretty much shut down the idea of pay to win so if you pay for any content its not going to make you crush the opposition

> 2535422212492174;3:
> I guess as far as micro transactions go this is the least worrying way of doing it. Pure cosmetic sales and seeing you can personally pick the ways enemies are recognisable to you there probably won’t be a “best armor and coating” for sweaty competitive hidden behind a price tag.
>
> what we do need to realise is that 343i does need to win back a full extra year of game development on this game so don’t be surprised if the most juicy stuff isn’t included in the pass for the extra revenue. I just know that when there is a Jeremy Irons A.I. In the shop I won’t even look at the price tag haha!

I guess we’ll see some of that content when the Infinite Flighting is due to begin

> 2533274931338642;2:
> I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years

They could counter this by just having new armors be far and in between new season updates. Not all content that comes in new seasons have to be cosmetics, I am hoping in one season we could see the return of playable Elites, for instance, we could also see new games modes, maps, campaign expansions, weapons, vehicles, Enemies, and even new additions to Forge. So there is a lot of content that can be added over the 10 years, that is not just cosmetic, so we may not run into the issue as badly. But even if we do, all 343 needs to really do is give us a better UI when it comes to armor selection. Maybe add all armors from their shoulders to attachments under their own category so all you have to search is that armor and all the pieces will be there, instead of individual menus for each piece.

> 2533274882898126;1:
> I hate microtransactions, you hate microtransactions, we all hate microtransactions! But…
> The season pass, FTP and the 10 year long plan that 343 has set in place has me very very excited. I mean, the game is free, crossplay, next-gen, and you don’t even need Xbox Live Gold to be able to play online which is nuts. The fact that I can play this game for free, pay like $10 for two months of content, and then be able to look forward to even more being added in the coming months and years is incredibly exciting. The live-service aspect of Halo Infinite is a godsend. Meta fixes, free new maps, new modes, more armors and stuff to unlock constantly. There’s always something to look forward to, and from a business standpoint it was a very good move from 343 Industries to make the passes have no expiry. You can come back and play whenever you want without any FOMO attached. It’s legendary. If you disagree, I get it. But there’s no denying that the amount of content is exciting.
>
> I remember back in the Xbox 360 days when a game would release, you pay for like 4 maps and then the game doesn’t get touched again by devs and you’d just have to wait like 3 or 4 years for the next game. I’m happy that we finally get a new Halo game with literal years worth of content to be added. I’m so excited.

Yes I’m excited too for sure! It’s has huge potential for the years to come.

Same, this is the best case scenario in my opinion. Main problem I’ve always had with battle passes is that you’d have to put all your time into playing the game if you wanted to complete it before it expired but 343’s eliminated that problem entirely.

> 2533274931338642;2:
> I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years

This is honestly the only real concern I have with this. Halo 5’s sorting system was so bad that I often felt discouraged to try and change up my armor often because I’d spend so long scrolling through samey looking armor sets for specific looks and I would never remember how far to scroll to find specific sets. Hopefully infinite will have some kind of folder system for different versions of armors like reach and 4 had.

> 2533274928314136;7:
> > 2533274931338642;2:
> >
>
> I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders

This is also a great idea. I’ve wanted to be able to make and save different armor/color combos for a while but having a favorites tab is a good substitute for that and I assume is much easier to implement.

> 2533274842428280;4:
> I may get the hatred of certain users, but the truth is that I support the idea that there are other microtransactions in addition to the Battle Pass. Obviously only paid Skins.

Chances are paid skins will be a thing and honestly I’m not against it either, apart from the fact that they ditched the old color system for it. Paid armor and emblems seem perfectly fine to me seeing as how they promised there’s plenty of free cosemetics that can be earned so having paid ones doesn’t really hurt the game.

I am not going to lie, seeing that I have been mentioned I entered a little worried. I’m glad to see that the general opinion is unified on the support for paid skins.

> 2533274889282194;13:
> > 2533274928314136;7:
> > > 2533274931338642;2:
> > >
> >
> > I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders
>
> This is also a great idea. I’ve wanted to be able to make and save different armor/color combos for a while but having a favorites tab is a good substitute for that and I assume is much easier to implement.

It looks like we might be getting a favorites tab of some sorts according to this new screenshot from today’s Inside Infinite. If you look at the laptop screen, there’s a favorites option seemingly for the Mark VII helmet. Curious that’s not on the actual game screen though, at least not that I could see.

> 2533274928314136;15:
> > 2533274889282194;13:
> > > 2533274928314136;7:
> > > > 2533274931338642;2:
> > > >
> > >
> > > I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders
> >
> > This is also a great idea. I’ve wanted to be able to make and save different armor/color combos for a while but having a favorites tab is a good substitute for that and I assume is much easier to implement.
>
> It looks like we might be getting a favorites tab of some sorts according to this new screenshot from today’s Inside Infinite. If you look at the laptop screen, there’s a favorites option seemingly for the Mark VII helmet. Curious that’s not on the actual game screen though, at least not that I could see.

The in-game footage we’ve seen was altered to provide a more cinematic experience. You couldn’t see that stuff for the same reason we haven’t seen medals

> 2533274882898126;16:
> > 2533274928314136;15:
> > > 2533274889282194;13:
> > > > 2533274928314136;7:
> > > > > 2533274931338642;2:
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders
> > >
> > > This is also a great idea. I’ve wanted to be able to make and save different armor/color combos for a while but having a favorites tab is a good substitute for that and I assume is much easier to implement.
> >
> > It looks like we might be getting a favorites tab of some sorts according to this new screenshot from today’s Inside Infinite. If you look at the laptop screen, there’s a favorites option seemingly for the Mark VII helmet. Curious that’s not on the actual game screen though, at least not that I could see.
>
> The in-game footage we’ve seen was altered to provide a more cinematic experience. You couldn’t see that stuff for the same reason we haven’t seen medals

I was referring to the game screen in the screenshot I linked. In the Inside Infinite article, they describe the screenshot as “Halo Infinite Customization shown on App (Left), Game (Center), and Web (Right)

> 2533274928314136;7:
> > 2533274931338642;2:
> > I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years
>
> I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders

I do believe that they are making certain armor for armor cores, so they won’t be too hard to find.

> 2535419263744226;18:
> > 2533274928314136;7:
> > > 2533274931338642;2:
> > > I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years
> >
> > I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders
>
> I do believe that they are making certain armor for armor cores, so they won’t be too hard to find.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I just hope there are plenty of cool options for the Mark VII core, like pouches and such. I’ll have to go over all the screenshots, but if armor pieces really are only available for certain cores (I.E., reach armor is only available for the Mark V B core), I don’t think we’ve seen much Mark VII armor. Regardless, I wish 343 clarified what Armor Cores were and how they worked in today’s Inside Infinite.

> 2533274928314136;19:
> > 2535419263744226;18:
> > > 2533274928314136;7:
> > > > 2533274931338642;2:
> > > > I’m happy that they add content in a battle pass, but I’m afraid that they add too many cosmetic items and that it will be difficult to search for a particular helmet or shoulder pad, on halo 5 it is already difficult so imagine halo Infinite in 6 or 7 years
> > >
> > > I think as long as they add ways to organize the selection, the number of armor options won’t be an issue like before. Even a simple thing like a favorites tab would work wonders
> >
> > I do believe that they are making certain armor for armor cores, so they won’t be too hard to find.
>
> Yeah, that seems to be the case. I just hope there are plenty of cool options for the Mark VII core, like pouches and such. I’ll have to go over all the screenshots, but if armor pieces really are only available for certain cores (I.E., reach armor is only available for the Mark V B core), I don’t think we’ve seen much Mark VII armor. Regardless, I wish 343 clarified what Armor Cores were and how they worked in today’s Inside Infinite.

Somewhere in those pictures it also says “consumables”… Very odd