Why I Think That H5G Might Sell Worse Than H4

First off, I just want to say that I am very excited for H5G, and I’m definitely picking it up. I don’t mean to talk bad about H5G.

The reason why I believe H5G won’t do as well as H4 in terms of sales is because of multiple reasonings.

The first being that the Xbox One failed on the fans of the Xbox 360. XB360 fans went to the PS4 because at that time, XBOne had a horrible E3 presentation which led to many moving to PS4. Most likely, the XB360 owners have bought Halo and were probably Halo fans.

The second being 343I trust is slowly dwindling. Personally, I didn’t like H4 and in fact a lot of people didn’t like it. Of course that was their first game, so people forgive. But when Halo MCC came out it was just disastrous. That probably lost a lot of trust from 343I.

Lastly, from playing the H5G beta, I noticed back during December, there were quite a few post on saying how H5G sucked or how it wasn’t Halo. So it’s kind of logical to assume that they won’t get the game since they said they to themselves that it sucks.

There is a sight called “VGChartz” that give somewhat of an estimation of preorders. H5G isn’t doing bad, but when I compared it to H4’s preorders around the same date, there is quite a substantial amount of difference.

I think your claim is a bit weak. If Halo 5 has a nice smooth launch, it will probably sell more lifetime sales than Halo 4.

I don’t think brand popularity or beta reactions are a good indicator of how a game will sell.

1. Halo has always launched the xbox. HCE for the Xbox and h3 for the xbox360. Now h5 for the Xbox one.
  2. The issues with the MCC rely on smaller companies such as Havok, Certain Affinity, Saber. AND 343i has admitted that the fans did not deserve that kind of launch.
  3. They aren’t hyping H5 to death like they did with h4.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> I think your claim is a bit weak. If Halo 5 has a nice smooth launch, it will probably sell more lifetime sales than Halo 4.
>
> I don’t think brand popularity or beta reactions are a good indicator of how a game will sell.

You may be right, but I’m just estimating. This is going to sound rude, but ever since 343I took over, the community has been in a split. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

> 2717573882290912;2:
> I think your claim is a bit weak. If Halo 5 has a nice smooth launch, it will probably sell more lifetime sales than Halo 4.
>
> I don’t think brand popularity or beta reactions are a good indicator of how a game will sell.

You may be right, but I’m just estimating. This is going to sound rude, but ever since 343I took over, the community has been in a split. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

Its just decisions 343i have made people are complaining about, some people just won’t buy the game because it doesn’t have a certain feature.

> 2533274816820326;4:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > I think your claim is a bit weak. If Halo 5 has a nice smooth launch, it will probably sell more lifetime sales than Halo 4.
> >
> > I don’t think brand popularity or beta reactions are a good indicator of how a game will sell.
>
>
> You may be right, but I’m just estimating. This is going to sound rude, but ever since 343I took over, the community has been in a split. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

No you are right, several fans followed Bungie to destiny. Some came back some stayed.

Halo 5 will definitely sell less than Halo 4. Unless 50%-75% of Xbox One owners buy H5 or it makes a lot of people buy Xb1s, I don’t see it selling 8+ million anytime soon.

> 2533274909139271;3:
> 1. Halo has always launched the xbox. HCE for the Xbox and h3 for the xbox360. Now h5 for the Xbox one.
> 2. The issues with the MCC rely on smaller companies such as Havok, Certain Affinity, Saber. AND 343i has admitted that the fans did not deserve that kind of launch.
> 3. They aren’t hyping H5 to death like they did with h4.

1. But for the people who don’t get up to date on Halo news, who do you think they are going to blame? 343i. Not everyone follows the news about Halo. Also, even if 343i admit that we don’t deserve that kind of launch, they knew it was going to be bad.

I think Halo 5 has a lot going for it as well as a lot against it.

The MCC issues probably mean a lot of people will pick it up after its proven to work. That and the fact that there’s simply less Xbox Ones around than 360s means you’ve got a lot less people buying it at least to start with.

But, Halo 5 seems to be getting a lot of good faith with the eSports and competitive crowd, and split screen issues aside is looking to be giving an ambitious campaign and multiplayer suite.

You also have to remember that Halo is MSs ace card: This is the game that’s going to sell Xbox One’s and convince more people to pull the trigger on it, especially if they’re clever with bundles and such.

> 2533274816820326;9:
> > 2533274909139271;3:
> > 1. Halo has always launched the xbox. HCE for the Xbox and h3 for the xbox360. Now h5 for the Xbox one.
> > 2. The issues with the MCC rely on smaller companies such as Havok, Certain Affinity, Saber. AND 343i has admitted that the fans did not deserve that kind of launch.
> > 3. They aren’t hyping H5 to death like they did with h4.
>
>
> 2. But for the people who don’t get up to date on Halo news, who do you think they are going to blame? 343i. Not everyone follows the news about Halo. Also, even if 343i admit that we don’t deserve that kind of launch, they knew it was going to be bad.

There will always be people who blame things. That’s fine let them blame 343i. When halo 5 comes around and they miss out on the experience becuase they couldn’t trust 343i with making a game, then the only person to blame is themselves and half the time they won’t even do that and nitpick to find something else to blame.

I get it people are cautious about it cause of MCC I am too but regardless im excited for H5G and after experiencing the beta I have confidence that halo 5 will have a smooth launch remember that 343 outsourced MCC H5G is not to mention its developed by a different team than the MCC team and the beta worked better than MCC did at the time so I have confidence that 343 can deliver a smooth launch and hopefully get some of their reputation back if it goes well

> 2533274909139271;11:
> > 2533274816820326;9:
> > > 2533274909139271;3:
> > > 1. Halo has always launched the xbox. HCE for the Xbox and h3 for the xbox360. Now h5 for the Xbox one.
> > > 2. The issues with the MCC rely on smaller companies such as Havok, Certain Affinity, Saber. AND 343i has admitted that the fans did not deserve that kind of launch.
> > > 3. They aren’t hyping H5 to death like they did with h4.
> >
> >
> > 2. But for the people who don’t get up to date on Halo news, who do you think they are going to blame? 343i. Not everyone follows the news about Halo. Also, even if 343i admit that we don’t deserve that kind of launch, they knew it was going to be bad.
>
>
> There will always be people who blame things. That’s fine let them blame 343i. When halo 5 comes around and they miss out on the experience becuase they couldn’t trust 343i with making a game, then the only person to blame is themselves and half the time they won’t even do that and nitpick to find something else to blame.

For the MCC, the biggest problem by far were the networking issues and that was 343’s work (I believe that’s the only thing they had to do besides oversee the project). People are completely right to blame them and be cautious.

Halo 5 probably won’t sell better purely because of the fact that there are much fewer xbones out there than there were 360’s for Halo 4. If it somehow doesn’t sell more than Halo 3 did, that’ll be a problem.

> 2533274909139271;3:
> 1. Halo has always launched the xbox. HCE for the Xbox and h3 for the xbox360. Now h5 for the Xbox one.

Yeah, that’s a big nope.

Halo CE launched the Original Xbox, after that not a single Halo has been an Xbox launch title.
A launch title means it launches with the console’s launch, or at least very close to it.

Not two years apart.

Xbox 360: 2005 -> Halo 3: 2007
Xbox One: 2013 -> Halo 5: 2015

What you’re perhaps looking for is “Xbox Exclusive”, not however Launch title.

> 2533274909139271;3:
> 2. The issues with the MCC rely on smaller companies such as Havok, Certain Affinity, Saber. AND 343i has admitted that the fans did not deserve that kind of launch.
> 3. They aren’t hyping H5 to death like they did with h4.

• This is completely irrelevant.
  • Also irrelevant to OP’s point… There is only a fraction of Halo fans that know this.
  • That’s kinda how H4 sold as much as it did…
  1. While yes, a smaller install base does obviously mean less sales (really unfair to compare Halo 5 selling on a install base between 15-20m versus Halo 4’s 70-80m)
  2. The issues with Halo 4 and MCC clearly didnt help get people excited for 5…
  3. VGChartz? Really? That site is so inaccurate that it hurts. It holds no true ground in terms of accurate data, the PS4 was at 14m once when I checked and the next day Sony announced they hit 20m and VGChartz immediately updated. Dat 6m difference.
  4. Who cares? Seriously.

> 2533274832290972;8:
> Halo 5 will definitely sell less than Halo 4. Unless 50%-75% of Xbox One owners buy H5 or it makes a lot of people buy Xb1s, I don’t see it selling 8+ million anytime soon.

There is a lot of people who were waiting for halo 5G to come out before getting an xbox one. So don’t be surprised when halo 5 helps xbox one sells.

> 2533274816820326;5:
> > 2717573882290912;2:
> > I think your claim is a bit weak. If Halo 5 has a nice smooth launch, it will probably sell more lifetime sales than Halo 4.
> >
> > I don’t think brand popularity or beta reactions are a good indicator of how a game will sell.
>
>
> You may be right, but I’m just estimating. This is going to sound rude, but ever since 343I took over, the community has been in a split. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

The community always seems split. SMG vs Br, Ar vs Br, DMR, vs Br, load outs vs no load ours, Chief vs Arbiter, the list goes on.

I think the biggest factor is that there are fewer Xbox ones at the moment than 360s. Lifetime sales will probably pick up if it has good word of mouth and lots of post launch content like new game modes and already confirmed maps.

Bottom line is:

1. COD became much bigger than Halo and used sprint & load outs, then Halo started using sprint & load outs.

2. Then, COD made a game using mobility enhancing thrusters as a central gameplay mechanic, & Halo followed suit & made a game with thrusters as a central gameplay mechanic. As well as replaced classic zoom with ADS that tightens bullet spread (confirmed in gameplay videos)

These are just the facts.

A huge chunk of gamers, possibly even a majority will see Halo 5 as a game that’s trying to copy COD (again) and they can’t really be blamed for seeing it that way.

> 2533274866682248;19:
> Bottom line is:
>
> 1. COD became much bigger than Halo and used sprint & load outs, then Halo started using sprint & load outs.
>
> 2. Then, COD made a game using mobility enhancing thrusters as a central gameplay mechanic, & Halo followed suit & made a game with thrusters as a central gameplay mechanic. As well as replaced classic zoom with ADS that tightens bullet spread (confirmed in gameplay videos)
>
> These are just the facts.
>
> A huge chunk of gamers, possibly even a majority will see Halo 5 as a game that’s trying to copy COD (again) and they can’t really be blamed for seeing it that way.

did you play the beta?
if you did then you would know that Smart Scope is not your usual ADS it functions like the classic Scope but just has the look of ADS