Why I think Living Dead isn't as fun in Reach.

Well first off, let me just say the first thing that probably came into all of our minds…

Custom maps!

Thanks to the brilliant forging community of Halo 3, we had functional, and aesthetically-pleasing-in-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps. The maps were specifically suited for infection. Not just in a functional way, but aesthetically too.

Now, skip forward 1-3 years. Reach release.
Yay.

Compare the maps in Halo 3 to Reach. Reach has much smaller, not-suited-for-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps.
Not only are they lacking in functionality, they lack in customization, or that “zombie” feel. They’re the same maps we play Team Slayer on.

There’s another problem with Reach maps, the size.

Think back a moment to infection on Rat’s Nest. In my opinion, that map was the perfect size. Humans had time to bunker themselves in a spot that was the result of a custom design. The only spots where humans can hunker down now are the best spots where maps can be exploited.

We all remember the Sword Base ledge, the Asylum rocks, and the rooftop of the middle house on The Cage, right?

A large map also allows for free-roaming. This is especially beneficial for zombies as human pistols now have a scope, and are arguably more accurate than Halo 3 pistols. Try being a zombie on Cage when there’s 3-9 humans on the roof. Their pistols make for an outright disaster. And not the “funny-disaster”. I mean “ragequit-disaster”.

Now, while Halo 3 did have its share of small infection maps, keep in mind that they were all custom designed, and worked very well with the infection gametype.

A second reason infection just doesn’t work as effectively with Reach anymore may be the fault of the weapons.
Every human weapon, pistol and shotgun, were buffed from Halo 3-Reach. This just makes humans more effective than they already were, and allows for easier-than-should-be kills.

Oh yeah…
And fix that Bulltrue+Death glitch already!

Yes I agree with everything you said. Halo 3 living dead was soooooooo fun :frowning:

Even if at the VERY LEAST they put Purple and Gloomy/Nextgen on the maps that are there now it would feel better.

Best combo IMO for nighttime is Purple, Gloomy, Colorblind, and Juicy. It creates more of a dark, blue hue over the map and really makes it feel like nighttime.

> Well first off, let me just say the first thing that probably came into all of our minds…
>
> Custom maps!
>
> Thanks to the brilliant forging community of Halo 3, we had functional, and aesthetically-pleasing-in-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps. The maps were specifically suited for infection. Not just in a functional way, but aesthetically too.
>
> Now, skip forward 1-3 years. Reach release.
> Yay.
>
> Compare the maps in Halo 3 to Reach. Reach has much smaller, not-suited-for-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps.
> Not only are they lacking in functionality, they lack in customization, or that “zombie” feel. They’re the same maps we play Team Slayer on.
>
> There’s another problem with Reach maps, the size.
>
> Think back a moment to infection on Rat’s Nest. In my opinion, that map was the perfect size. Humans had time to bunker themselves in a spot that was the result of a custom design. The only spots where humans can hunker down now are the best spots where maps can be exploited.
>
> We all remember the Sword Base ledge, the Asylum rocks, and the rooftop of the middle house on The Cage, right?
>
> A large map also allows for free-roaming. This is especially beneficial for zombies as human pistols now have a scope, and are arguably more accurate than Halo 3 pistols. Try being a zombie on Cage when there’s 3-9 humans on the roof. Their pistols make for an outright disaster. And not the “funny-disaster”. I mean “ragequit-disaster”.
>
> Now, while Halo 3 did have its share of small infection maps, keep in mind that they were all custom designed, and worked very well with the infection gametype.
>
>
>
>
> A second reason infection just doesn’t work as effectively with Reach anymore may be the fault of the weapons.
> Every human weapon, pistol and shotgun, were buffed from Halo 3-Reach. This just makes humans more effective than they already were, and allows for easier-than-should-be kills.
>
> Oh yeah…
> And fix that Bulltrue+Death glitch already!

And that is why it is the most populated playlist in reach now?

> > Well first off, let me just say the first thing that probably came into all of our minds…
> >
> > Custom maps!
> >
> > Thanks to the brilliant forging community of Halo 3, we had functional, and aesthetically-pleasing-in-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps. The maps were specifically suited for infection. Not just in a functional way, but aesthetically too.
> >
> > Now, skip forward 1-3 years. Reach release.
> > Yay.
> >
> > Compare the maps in Halo 3 to Reach. Reach has much smaller, not-suited-for-a-zombie-apocalypse types of maps.
> > Not only are they lacking in functionality, they lack in customization, or that “zombie” feel. They’re the same maps we play Team Slayer on.
> >
> > There’s another problem with Reach maps, the size.
> >
> > Think back a moment to infection on Rat’s Nest. In my opinion, that map was the perfect size. Humans had time to bunker themselves in a spot that was the result of a custom design. The only spots where humans can hunker down now are the best spots where maps can be exploited.
> >
> > We all remember the Sword Base ledge, the Asylum rocks, and the rooftop of the middle house on The Cage, right?
> >
> > A large map also allows for free-roaming. This is especially beneficial for zombies as human pistols now have a scope, and are arguably more accurate than Halo 3 pistols. Try being a zombie on Cage when there’s 3-9 humans on the roof. Their pistols make for an outright disaster. And not the “funny-disaster”. I mean “ragequit-disaster”.
> >
> > Now, while Halo 3 did have its share of small infection maps, keep in mind that they were all custom designed, and worked very well with the infection gametype.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > A second reason infection just doesn’t work as effectively with Reach anymore may be the fault of the weapons.
> > Every human weapon, pistol and shotgun, were buffed from Halo 3-Reach. This just makes humans more effective than they already were, and allows for easier-than-should-be kills.
> >
> > Oh yeah…
> > And fix that Bulltrue+Death glitch already!
>
> And that is why it is the most populated playlist in reach now?

Say Halo 3 had a Living Dead playlist…

You know its the most popular playlist right?

> You know its the most popular playlist right?

Fine. I’ll change the title…

I completly agree. Halo 3 had maps built just for its living dead playlist, something that Halo Reach needs very badly. And your completly right about the Bulltrue thing, “Kill an enemy while they are lunging at you…” (but your still gonna die, just sayin) haha.