Why I still protect 343 Industries

Now starting off. Halo 5 is a great game. IT’S A GREAT HALO GAME. Yeah I said it, now how I have seen it is a lot of “Lack of content” now yes the game is heavily lacking in gamemodes which as we know Grifball is coming back. Unsure if it’s this Pack or the next but we do know it is making a return. Also the lack of map content is completely stupid. If you want to talk about that hop on the Star Wars Battlefront by DICE forums and discuss that. Halo 5 has had 10 confirmed map additions to the game since launch 4 came with BTB, 4 more with the December update. Then we are also getting 2 this update. That’s 10 maps added on top of the base games whatever amount. Now yes we have only received 1 true arena map since launch and another is confirmed we’ve received 6 BTB maps which is actually a nice number. Then we have 4 Warzone maps which still feels to little and 4 Warzone assault maps. Also all of the additions of REQs and Customization. 343I is truly dedicated and I’m glad to see them treat there game as a service instead of a ship and let it sit until a DLC releases 3 months later then rinse and repeat until they’re done with the DLC. (Yes I notice I’ve done a lot of just blah blah blah.) Now Halo will have to change to survive. But 343 Industries is giving it a damn good spin to keep Halo, Halo and still bring in refreshing ideas and takes. That is all I am saying.

You do realize your now effectively an Englishmen in the middle of the Scottish hoodlums around the time of William Wallace? lol

Nope. Not buying it. This all just feels like that “Drip Feed” theory everyone is talking about. Pushing the game out too early, and slowly releasing the content that was planned for launch for months to come. It feels like a rip off.

> 2533274885506317;2:
> You do realize your now effectively an Englishmen in the middle of the Scottish hoodlums around the time of William Wallace? lol

That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read all day lol.

OP, I don’t think 343 is doing anything out of spite towards the fan base. I think they earnestly are trying. But we need to help steer them in the proper direction before too many people jump ship. We all love halo here and no one wants to see it go down.

This would be a much easier read if you spread your points out. Also 343’s spin on Halo is surely doing amazing, considering this is the worst selling Halo game to date.

I think it’s absolutely disgusting how they have blatantly ignored loyal, long term fans by not including content you’d expect day 1 for a Halo title. I could wait for Forge, delaying a particular part of the game and being open about it like they did wasn’t so bad but how quiet and secretive they’re being about everything else is frustrating a LOT of people. Playlists, Gametypes, a proper file browser, a post game medal viewer, an actual fully functioning pre-game lobby, the list goes on.

You “Protect 343 Industries”?

> 2533274839077070;4:
> > 2533274885506317;2:
> > You do realize your now effectively an Englishmen in the middle of the Scottish hoodlums around the time of William Wallace? lol
>
>
> That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read all day lol.
>
> OP, I don’t think 343 is doing anything out of spite towards the fan base. I think they earnestly are trying. But we need to help steer them in the proper direction before too many people jump ship. We all love halo here and no one wants to see it go down.

I agree. Just sometimes unnecessary bashing occurs. This has happened in almost every Halo release even when Bungie was in charge.

> 2533274802932721;6:
> You “Protect 343 Industries”?

basically against all this random bashing that comes out of no where. Yes gamemodes are missing. Yes this isn’t Halo 3. I understand most of those but a large portion of them are just “I hate this game.” and sometimes just has a lot of curse words beyond it. Halo 5 needs work. But for what it is, it’s a great Halo game.

Every time I see 343 Industries I almost misread it “3v4 Industries” after all the MCC clan tags I read lol

Oh yeah i totally agree I love playing this game. But the game is seriously missing a lot, crap campaign, not enough maps, and come on the servers have been terrible. If there is never anything meaningful added to the game I would still continue playing. I would love more maps regardless if they wanted me to pay extra for them at this point.

Sadly some people don’t agree. Even if the content we are getting were meant to be released at launch, we still got it for free. Not only that, in previous map packs for previous Halo titles there were a lot of remakes too. I’m surprised people never even noticed it. Seriously Halo 3 Blackout is essentially Halo 2 Lockout, but different setting and environment. Might as well have the community just build the memorable maps. So if we get remakes for map in a paid DLC, what is the point of that. Shipping out the same maps over and over? 343i has allowed community made maps, maps that someone or a team of forgers can put together for us for free. Who the hell cares about aesthetics wise. I would like to see some more textures, but just play the freaken map.

> 2535446258961514;10:
> Oh yeah i totally agree I love playing this game. But the game is seriously missing a lot, crap campaign, not enough maps, and come on the servers have been terrible. If there is never anything meaningful added to the game I would still continue playing. I would love more maps regardless if they wanted me to pay extra for them at this point.

I mean the campaign can’t even be argued now we all know it’s -Yoink-. Not enough maps, pretty sure they’ve confirmed Community created maps will slowly be added into rotations (Hopefully that awesome Sandtrap map gets added in to rotation) Yes the servers have been terrible but I mean tbh the entire Xbox servers have been crap in the past month. Problem about them selling paid DLC now is they don’t want to split the community which is totally understandable but yeah if they would want to throw 10 new maps at us (hopefully most of them being Warzone or normal Arena maps) I’d pay $20-$30 for it.

> 2535409103705542;11:
> Sadly some people don’t agree. Even if the content we are getting were meant to be released at launch, we still got it for free. Not only that, in previous map packs for previous Halo titles there were a lot of remakes too. I’m surprised people never even noticed it. Seriously Halo 3 Blackout is essentially Halo 2 Lockout, but different setting and environment. Might as well have the community just build the memorable maps. So if we get remakes for map in a paid DLC, what is the point of that. Shipping out the same maps over and over? 343i has allowed community made maps, maps that someone or a team of forgers can put together for us for free. Who the hell cares about aesthetics wise. I would like to see some more textures, but just play the freaken map.

Yeah you get me pretty well honestly. The textures aren’t the worse and it’s what the community forge group has being crying out for is no special texture blocks and pieces so.

> 2533274973942863;1:
> Halo 5 is a great game. IT’S A GREAT HALO GAME.

I would call it a Halo game.

> 2533274802932721;6:
> You “Protect 343 Industries”?

343 is Cortana and he is their Warden Eternal.

> 2535409103705542;11:
> 343i has allowed community made maps, maps that someone or a team of forgers can put together for us for free.

Just to point something out, this isn’t anything special. We’ve had community made maps in matchmaking, for free, since Halo 3. The funny thing is, no one ever called those community made Forge maps “free dlc”. Not even Bungie had the audacity to call them “free dlc” because they weren’t.

So, if we’re going to praise 343 for giving us “free” maps, then, again, it’s nothing special because if that’s the case, Bungie has given us tonnes of “free” maps and I don’t remember people praising them for it like most do 343. People mostly say Bungie made us pay for all our map packs, forgetting about all the free community maps we’ve gotten from Halo 3 all the way to Reach.

> 2533274973942863;8:
> > 2533274802932721;6:
> > You “Protect 343 Industries”?
>
>
> basically against all this random bashing that comes out of no where. Yes gamemodes are missing. Yes this isn’t Halo 3. I understand most of those but a large portion of them are just “I hate this game.” and sometimes just has a lot of curse words beyond it. Halo 5 needs work. But for what it is, it’s a great Halo game.

That’s what the Monitors/Mods are for.

If they allow a thread to remain open, I’d assume they are okay with it.

They don’t need your protection.

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

Yeah Halo 5 is a great Halo game.
Thats why its not even in the top 10 anymore.
Bah bah sheepy baaahhh bah

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or flame/attack others.</mark>

People will always cry about something it doesnt matter what 343 does…
YOU WILL NEVER GET RID OF WHINEBAGS

> 2533274796417227;18:
> Yeah Halo 5 is a great Halo game.
>
> Thats why its not even in the top 10 anymore.
>
> Bah bah sheepy baaahhh bah

Does it need to be on a list to be good? If so then people play games for the wrong reasons.