Why I have Faith in CEA MP, and why you should too.

Honestly I am not the happiest about the decision with using Halo Reach MP, I spent weeks infuriated about it. Then I started thinking logically, and came up with some reasons why you should keep hope.

1. TU/ Classic playlist. When the TU comes it will bring great changes to Reach, none that we know of.
  2. Halofest, the game will be demoed, and changes will be announced for Reach. Classic Playlist, and to hoping the pistol becomes a little more useful.
  3. look at the most anticipated games on Gamestops website, all the AL’ers will be playing those instead of Reach, that means less, AL, less Double Beatdown, and less frustration.
  4. They would not pull a stunt like this without some logic, they will be sure to please us, and it may include Halo 4 beta, making it a well worth $40.

I just hope they make it feel more like Halo CE.

claps Good man, good man!

Frankie has said that the Classic Update will be “Like the Classic Playlist, but ++, with stuff we can’t talk about yet”…Not an exact quote, but very similar.

They’re listening to the “Top 5” thread, where TONS of people are posting about the removal of Bloom, and the nerfing/removal of AAs.

Trust me, this Classic Update will be A-FRAKKIN-MAZING.

Halo 4 Beta… I’d do pretty much anything to get in that :).

I do also agree they should have an extremely complex and improved Team Classic playlist… But they shouldn’t ignore those of us who enjoy Reach’s default gameplay.

As long as they take care of everyone, I’ll be happy. But if the Title Update only includes changes to make some Classic playlist I’ll be very, very frustrated.

> claps Good man, good man!
>
> Frankie has said that the Classic Update will be “Like the Classic Playlist, but ++, with stuff we can’t talk about yet”…Not an exact quote, but very similar.
>
> They’re listening to the “Top 5” thread, where TONS of people are posting about the removal of Bloom, and the nerfing/removal of AAs.
>
> Trust me, this Classic Update will be A-FRAKKIN-MAZING.

Yeah really I also hope they nerf grenades and buff human vehicles

> Yeah really I also hope they nerf grenades

A better solution would be to increase movement speed, otherwise you get Halo 3 strength grenades (which were pretty useless).

I’m pretty sure Hang Em High won’t work in Reach. I came back to Reach for a bit to play classic, and the map played horribly.

Also, I hope we get a H4 Beta Invite with it. That’d be sick.

I haven’t considered the idea of a Halo 4 beta included… Well done, and I’m eagerly looking forward to Halo CEA.

OP i think the title update has more to do with CEA’s success than the game itself. without a proper title update CEA will just be halo 1 campaign remastered, + a map pack for an awful halo multiplayer.

> > Yeah really I also hope they nerf grenades
>
> A better solution would be to increase movement speed, otherwise you get Halo 3 strength grenades (which were pretty useless).

false. halo 3 grenades were 100% fine. you actually had to have even the slightest bit of skill in throwing them, however.

in reach you just throw it and forget. doesnt land on target? its a mini nuke, it will still blow them up. lol

> OP i think the title update has more to do with CEA’s success than the game itself. without a proper title update CEA will just be halo 1 campaign remastered, + a map pack for an awful halo multiplayer.
>
>
>
> > > Yeah really I also hope they nerf grenades
> >
> > A better solution would be to increase movement speed, otherwise you get Halo 3 strength grenades (which were pretty useless).
>
> false. halo 3 grenades were 100% fine. you actually had to have even the slightest bit of skill in throwing them, however.
>
> in reach you just throw it and forget. doesnt land on target? its a mini nuke, it will still blow them up. lol

In Halo 3 you moved a lot faster.

Agreed OP, the mention that they will at least be making the classic playlist more classic to feel like HCE still gives me hope we will at least something close to HCE multiplayer. Halo CE multiplayer is a rare breed of multiplayer you dont see often in todays videogames, and I would LOVE to be able to play it online. It is so different from the rest of the Halo games, it has a special place in many of our hearts.

I felt like I never reached my full potential as a player in HCE, and I would love to pick up where I left off even if it isnt exactly the same as the original. I know for a fact many Halo veterans have suffered in recent years, and they will JUMP at a chance to play HCE multiplayer again, even if its not exactly like the original. But I sure hope, they do everything in their power to give us HCE online even if its sadly relegated to one or two playlists.

> Agreed OP, the mention that they will at least be making the classic playlist more classic to feel like HCE still gives me hope we will at least something close to HCE multiplayer. Halo CE multiplayer is a rare breed of multiplayer you dont see often in todays videogames, and I would LOVE to be able to play it online. It is so different from the rest of the Halo games, it has a special place in many of our hearts.
>
> I felt like I never reached my full potential as a player in HCE, and I would love to pick up where I left off even if it isnt exactly the same as the original. I know for a fact many Halo veterans have suffered in recent years, and they will JUMP at a chance to play HCE multiplayer again, even if its not exactly like the original. But I sure hope, they do everything in their power to give us HCE online even if its sadly relegated to one or two playlists.

agreed sir that is a strong statement!

> claps Good man, good man!
>
> Frankie has said that the Classic Update will be “Like the Classic Playlist, but ++, with stuff we can’t talk about yet”…Not an exact quote, but very similar.
>
> They’re listening to the “Top 5” thread, where TONS of people are posting about the removal of Bloom, and the nerfing/removal of AAs.
>
> Trust me, this Classic Update will be A-FRAKKIN-MAZING.

I really hope they pay attention to the thread. I’ve only seen one person dislike the idea of bloom so far. it’s great.

I’m fine with the not shiping the origninal mp. Just as long as all the changes they are making will reflect the playstyle of CE.

Example:

No bloom
Individual weapon damage
individual weapon round count
Make the spread tighter on the magnum

if they do these four things it would make me happy and all of my Halo CE PC friends I play with.

> if they do these four things it would make me happy and all of my Halo CE PC friends I play with.

Won’t make me 100% happy unless they also release it for the PC. Trust me, I have no doubt I will love it either way, I just wish they would release Anniversary to the PC as well. Either that or the Source Code. :stuck_out_tongue:

If 343i really removes bloom, even if only in the HCEA playlist, I will definitely shed a few tears of joy. And then I’m going to shed a few more tears because that playlist will probably suffer from an extremely low population.

> If 343i really removes bloom, even if only in the HCEA playlist, I will definitely shed a few tears of joy. And then I’m going to shed a few more tears because that playlist will probably suffer from an extremely low population.

I completely agree with the first part, as for the second part, it’-Yoink!- or miss, I think it’ll have a pretty high population as a lot of the older fans are looking for something like this, and i think it’ll bring some fans back to the series if it plays well.

im pretty sure its gonna be like odst; one disk is campaign, the other is a mp disk for reach with the remade mp maps.