Why I have decided to cancel my pre-order

I have been a diehard halo fan for years starting with halo 1 and became obsessed with halo 2 and continued on to halo 3, and somewhat reach.

The ranking system is not for competitive play styles. Competitive players want a RANK! We want something that puts us above the rest of the community as far as skill and to play with similar skilled players. It worked pretty well in halo 2 (disregarding the cheating) and it worked really well in halo 3. Halo reach lost all competitive nature when it threw people at random into games with different skill levels. They made a system of competition that was basically playing as a lone wolf and doing really well got you gold-onyx in “competitive” play. That doesnt work because you can play really well carrying a team and still lose points because no one has your back or makes call outs that takes away from your score. STRICTLY FOR COMPETITIVE PLAYERS the ranking system was great to show that “oh i am level 47” or “this kid is level 8 with 2k games played in this MM”

I will also note that you should stop trying to make Competitive and non competitive players try to join up together and mix us into 1 pile… You are completely disregarding competitive players and making a worse game by not keeping them seperated. The competitive gameplay is only filled with games where you either 1 get stomped or 2 stomp someone else. I have rarely ever ran into a game where it was just a few points different between winning and losing in reach unlike halo 1, 2, and 3.

Hot swapable players… You are literally taking one of the most despised things in COD by players who want a good competition by having them thrown into a game that is losing 48 to 12. The other team is stacked and already in position and all you can do is DIE. Having a player quit sometimes HELPS a team out, and having someone quit and coming back for a victory is just a -Yoinking!- SWEET feeling.

I get loadouts being added but in my opinion the halo evolution to using armor abilities killed a lot of the play of halo. It transformed from a fast paced shooter to a sit and wait match between armor locks.

I understand that bloom at the very least is greatly diminished which was another HUGE reason that made halo not feel like a halo SKILL game. It became a match of either wait and time your shots or you can do what EVERYONE even MLG pro’s do and spam shots at their head and hope to be the first one to land the last shot. That doesnt take skill nor does it show that someone out gunned someone else.

Weapon purchases that are more than cosmetic… This is just stupid. If i wanted to play Call of duty then I would play call of duty not ask to see more of that in halo.

Sprint at any time addition is the only real positive thing other than greatly reduced bloom that i have heard that is coming out of halo 4.

Instant respawn by default is pretty strange to change to and could give a better sense of quick game play, but at the same time you have to make a GOOD spawn system which halo reach FAILED MISERABLY at.

Random spawns is actually a good idea, but seeing everything else doesnt make the game worth purchasing.

Just a side note i remember someone talking up “oh they are gonna explain WHY it is red vs blue spartains” and then come out and say what EVERY halo players assumption was that it was just training simulation type stuff. Great addition to the story… seriously tho that is just -Yoinking!- lame and stupid to even mention it like it was a big deal in the first place.

Getting rid of fire fight… Good stop wasting time on Gears of war horde mode for halo. It was boring at best unless you had just rediculous loadouts.

I understand that the game needs to evolve so all you people who are just being hippies about the gameplay of the series being rid of saying “no man here is how the game industry works man… you need to let it evolve” Sit the -Yoink- down and shut the -Yoink- up. I have spent THOUSANDS of hours with the halo games and loved every one until halo 3 and was one of the last 100 or so people to play on the halo 2 servers as a farewell (which is -Yoink- cause that was THE BEST halo minus the modders/bridgers/lag switchers) I dont know how many hours i spent just playing with glitches in halo 2 let alone playing the multiplayer every day for hours since release till 2008 or 09.

I have loved this series in the past and was genuinely waiting for 343 to rekindle that love after the dirty rape child that was halo reach disappointed the entire halo compettitive fanbase.

You boys at 343 I desperately ask you 1 favor as a long time halo fan and will let any transgression go without a word. All I ask is you somehow port halo 2 back on to xbox live in either a graphical update or what have you and bring back the halo 2 multiplayer UNTOUCHED. No sprint, bloom, assassination animations, or any of that other -Yoink-. Call of duty releases a graphical update every other year of the EXACT SAME GAME (excluding WAW and MW2) depending on which group you are talking about that makes call of duty.

Might I just suggest if you are going to continue making halo games a good place to start is with moderately symmetrical maps that has bases to spawn in safely even if there are enemies in your base. The most hated maps were usually because bungie thought it would be a good idea to make a pit where people randomly spawn around the place with a terrible spawning system and constatnly die or be stuck in “jail” where the enemy team has easy/quick access to the high ground and lock you into your base where you got team shot if you died/respawn or left the safety of the rock/wall you were hiding behind.

Just give us the maps and the servers to run halo 2 we dont even need a graphical update… Hell ill buy it again from yall if thats what it takes to play halo 2 again even though i still have my old limited edition of h2.

To shut up the comment of “just play it on PC with a controller” the online Halo 2 PC are pretty much lifeless at all hours of the day. Halo 4 was pretty much my last legit excuse to keep my xbox around collecting dust.

So in conclusion. This multiplayer is going further and further away from not only competitive but all the old diehard halo fans have wanted for some time. Not only that but you are gonna lose more halo fan customers making halo a COD wannabe than gain COD players. These are the reasons why you will not be receiving my 59.99, and I will be on Dota 2 or some other game when yall decide to become aware of how to make a halo game and do it.

ktnxbai

It just means I get to enjoy a game this fall and you don’t

One line I found ammusing;

‘I loved every one untill Halo 3.’

So you loved the first 2 games out of the total 7.

Its like saying ‘I loved every Halo book untill the Flood’ lol

What makes you think we care?
Halo multiplayer changed drastically after the first game. It’s still a good game. You people are whining about nothing.

> I’ll be back when I’ve scaled your post :slight_smile:

“You say goodbye, I say hello…”

> Halo multiplayer changed drastically after the first game. It’s still a good game. You people are whining about nothing.

It’s nothing compared to the amount of change we see in Reach, and then Halo 4. Halo 4 is the game furthest from CE in terms of gameplay, and I find that a bit disappointing.

I never pre-ordered, OP :3

> > Halo multiplayer changed drastically after the first game. It’s still a good game. You people are whining about nothing.
>
> It’s nothing compared to the amount of change we see in Reach, and then Halo 4. Halo 4 is the game furthest from CE in terms of gameplay, and I find that a bit disappointing.
>
> I never pre-ordered, OP :3

Even if the new features turn out to be total garbage, you will still have the option to play the game the classic way.

> > Halo multiplayer changed drastically after the first game. It’s still a good game. You people are whining about nothing.
>
> It’s nothing compared to the amount of change we see in Reach, and then Halo 4. Halo 4 is the game furthest from CE in terms of gameplay, and I find that a bit disappointing.
>
> I never pre-ordered, OP :3

Halo Reach is just about as far from H3 as H2 was from HCE. People could suddenly play as those stupid Elites for some reason, all grenades were blowing up too soon and then there’s all those little tweaks. No fall damage etc.
As for Halo 4, it’s whole new trilogy.

Anyone else hear this guy, talking while reading this post?

All I’m going to say is to wait for real footage to be released.

Halo Reach was made by Bungie and not 343.

Even if 343 adapts things from other games, it doesn’t mean those things aren’t modified or changed drastically or that other innovations were created to balance them out.

Most of these things you’ve listed could be and most likely are optional or playlist specific including instant respawn and swapping players.

I agree that Halo 2 was one of the best Halo games but I don’t think you should lose faith until more footage and information is released.

Take it from someone who’s been playing Halo just as long as you have.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

How bout’cha quit’cher whining and watch the god dang E3 feed.

So your a “die hard” halo fan, but wont get the game, based on the things you complained about, strictly because of multiplayer?

> kthxbai
>
> It just means I get to enjoy a game this fall and you don’t

This^^^

> I have been a diehard halo fan for years starting with halo 1 and became obsessed with halo 2 and continued on to halo 3, and somewhat reach.

I really can’t understand people like yourself.

If you’ve been a ‘diehard’ Halo fan for years and played through them all, what is the harm in just buying Halo 4 and at the very least trading it in after a few months or so. After 10 years you are just going to completely disregard a franchise that you have loved just because of a few changes that we all new were coming.

If money is an issue I guess I can understand but seriously, Halo 4 standard edition is $60, in the grand scheme of things, another Halo game isn’t going to come out until another 3 years, this a major, major, exclusive release for the gaming industry and you rant even going to bother buying it. I’m not saying people should buy games for the sake of it and waste their money but this is Halo 4, aside from the changes you don’t like, it’s going to be a very high standard of game to anyone who picks it up.

You’re also going to see Halo 4 everywhere for a while and I gaurtante you at some point you will ever end up buying it or think “Why didn’t I just get it?”.

It’s not as if you are investing into buying a car or a house, you’re only paying $60 for a Halo game, “diehard Halo fan.” I really don’t see the need that you now have to isolated yourself completely away from one game. Is it really that important that you have to oppose a computer game and franchise?

has 4 posts. uses “die hard halo fan” argument. compares halo 4 to cod. im sure we got a troll guys.

seriously.

guess what? ive been with halo since halo 1. i enjoy ALL the halo games. i understood Al was broken jet pack broke flow how slow reach was. etc. but i still perform better then pretty much anyone i play against my team and the enimies. (that line is for those of you who pull a stat card BS on me) but reach was still FUN to me. why? because im a casual that doesn’t give a -Yoink- about anything? NO. Because i realize that the FEELING of greatness that all of us “vets” got from halo 1-3 is GONE. and it can’t be re captured. the only reason why reach and halo 4 look bad to you is because your stuck in the past living in “glory” days. things NEED to evolve and change other wise the series becomes stale.

Wether you want to admit it or not if halo 4-6 continued to be about the same as 1-3 it would not succeed and it would become more like COD then these supposed “changes” are doing to halo now. So go, go and leave the great series behind. We need open minded people that can contribute thoughtful helpful info to make the game better and change. Not people like you who have all thoughts clouded by nostalgia.

> All I’m going to say is to wait for real footage to be released.
>
> Halo Reach was made by Bungie and not 343.
>
> Even if 343 adapts things from other games, it doesn’t mean those things aren’t modified or changed drastically or that other innovations were created to balance them out.
>
> Most of these things you’ve listed could be and most likely are optional or playlist specific including instant respawn and swapping players.
>
> I agree that Halo 2 was one of the best Halo games but I don’t think you should lose faith until more footage and information is released.
>
> Take it from someone who’s been playing Halo just as long as you have.

Everything I saw in this video minus the multiplayer infinity makes me have less and less faith that halo 4 will be anything I am looking for in a halo game

http://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/gi-halo-4-multiplayer-impressions/2c199823-48a4-439a-ad46-f46d15f4caba

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > I have been a diehard halo fan for years starting with halo 1 and became obsessed with halo 2 and continued on to halo 3, and somewhat reach.
>
> I really can’t understand people like yourself.
>
> If you’ve been a ‘diehard’ Halo fan for years and played through them all, what is the harm in just buying Halo 4 and at the very least trading it in after a few months or so. After 10 years you are just going to completely disregard a franchise that you have loved just because of a few changes that we all new were coming.
>
> If money is an issue I guess I can understand but seriously, Halo 4 standard edition is $60, in the grand scheme of things, another Halo game isn’t going to come out until another 3 years, this a major, major, exclusive release for the gaming industry and you rant even going to bother buying it. I’m not saying people should buy games for the sake of it and waste their money but this is Halo 4, aside from the changes you don’t like, it’s going to be a very high standard of game to anyone who picks it up.
>
> You’re also going to see Halo 4 everywhere for a while and I gaurtante you at some point you will ever end up buying it or think “Why didn’t I just get it?”.
>
> It’s not as if you are investing into buying a car or a house, you’re only paying $60 for a Halo game, “diehard Halo fan.” I really don’t see the need that you now have to isolated yourself completely away from one game. Is it really that important that you have to oppose a computer game and franchise?

S–t just got real.

> All I’m going to say is to wait for real footage to be released.
>
> <mark>Halo Reach was made by Bungie and not 343.</mark>
>
> Even if 343 adapts things from other games, it doesn’t mean those things aren’t modified or changed drastically or that other innovations were created to balance them out.
>
> Most of these things you’ve listed could be and most likely are optional or playlist specific including instant respawn and swapping players.
>
> I agree that Halo 2 was one of the best Halo games but I don’t think you should lose faith until more footage and information is released.
>
> Take it from someone who’s been playing Halo just as long as you have.

Bungie made Halo CE-Halo 3 ODST also. I’ve had it with people making out Bungie to me this company that can’t make games because they did not like Reach.

The change from CE to Halo 2 was huge!

There were websites like Halo2sucks.com

The hate for that game was bigger than the current Halo 4 trolls.

They are not new, every game is hated on by a small fraction of the community.