WHY I DONT MIND THE CHANGES (please read)

WARNING. WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
Hey 343 community? How are you guys doing?
filler terminated

I think the changes being made to halo 4 arnt as bad as people are making them out to be.
Disclaimer: ARN’T AS BAD. Not necessarily GOOD.

Let me touch on a few things people are pissed of at.

Customizable and unlockable loadouts:
Gross over reaction on the communities part. As the GI mag says. We will pick between a Primary Weapon, Secondary weapon, Grenade type, armor ability, and out modification (cant comment on the modif. without info. Our primary weapon will likely be a choice of A battle rifle, DMR, Covenant carbine, and Assault rifle. Each weapon is good in some ways, but lacking in others. This may add a new dimension to gameplay not previously seen in the halo series. Assuming certain tweaks are made to these weapons so that they are balanced but not superior to any of the others in any way, well be fine with that. And from what im seeing, many people (MLG included) is fine with that.

The return of armor abilities:
I dont really see the problem here.
We cant say for sure that jetpack will ruin everything. A jetpack to be as extreme as a tribes jetpack or as subtle as a quick vertical thrust.
As for runner vision. I believe its only problem is its horrible name. We cant say for sure how it functions. It could be simple, like seeing the outline of enemies in a certain radius of your spartan. Hey, at least we have no offensive AA’s like lock.

random weapon drops:
Frankie said THIS
After reading this, I’m not too worried. It was announced a while back (through an interview) that there will be some kind of HUD indication as to where these weapons will spawn. Imagine our narrator saying something like:
“rockets inbound”
And A visual representation of where the weapon will spawn, for all players. Why just assume it will spawn in some random area no one will know about? Or that it will just fall from the heavens in the enemy base. Come on. Dont be so narrow minded. This could work. As much as Im not in love with the idea, I get where they are coming at. Face it. Power weapons wont be as big a part of the game as they used to. Matches will have other goals now. Other than hoarding of power weapons for the more experienced team.

Spartan Ops is just terrible named. it shouldnt replace firefight however.

Spartan Points: Basically credits. Dont call them Spartan points though. Im fine with them purchasing armor, and possibly even simple weapons such as the BR. If it works in a way that someone who has played longer than you can beat you, simply because of having a higher rank and access to more weaps. Then there is a problem. But it doesnt need to be that way. You dont know how it works. In fact, there are LITERALLY MILLIONS of potential formula’s 343 can use. Dont fret. I’m confident they will pick the right one.

Instant Respawn
Yea, I was quite upset by this. At first, primarily because we can no longer have the satisfaction of tea bagging.
But people seem to get the notion at we will be able to spawn near the enemy who killed us and finish him off while his shields are still down. Why? We have sprint, its obvious maps will be larger in scale to compensate. We will most likely spawn further away from enemies we were just “in a tango with”. Most likely back at our base spawn. You cannot simply jump to that conclusion.

From what i can tell. Thats just about it. Frankie says calm down guys. I have faith in 343. Is that so wrong?

Please. Give feed back. Be mature. No “go back to call of duty” posts please. Just for the record. Im a PC gamer. The only console shooters I own and play are the games of the halo series. Please. be respectful.

Single post… there you go.

The change is horrible and halo 4 is looking alot like COD in space… and:

To all of the “Old School” Halo fans: Halo as we know it… Is Dead. Unless 343i gives us a fully “Classic Halo” Play list or group of play lists, The younger generation will NEVER know the TRUE “Competitive Fun” of an “Everyone Created Equal” game of Halo.

You skipped no Elites. There is nothing good about no Elites.

I see what you mean, im not saying its either good or bad because I haven’t seen it yet. And yes im an old school Halo Fan

> The change is horrible and halo 4 is looking alot like COD in space… and:
>
> To all of the “Old School” Halo fans: Halo as we know it… Is Dead. Unless 343i gives us a fully “Classic Halo” Play list or group of play lists, The younger generation will NEVER know the TRUE “Competitive Fun” of an “Everyone Created Equal” game of Halo.

Change is horrible? I hope your telling a joke.

Its not a funny one.

> You skipped no Elites. There is nothing good about no Elites.

Well. We are in a spartan training simulation, so no Elites makes sense.
Ill miss meh dinos.

I posted this just as a thread got locked, but it still applies (good post btw Jhonny)

a) Let’s see how 343 implement these global trends. If expected 343 not to pander to the global FPS trend, you have never heard or know of marketing.

Let me give you an example, the iphone. Before the iphone phones can be all different shapes of sizes with wacky slide and snap phones being the “in” thing. Then after the iphone became the massive,popular and easy to use phone, all other phone companies basically copied the iphone. HTC Desire, Sony Xperia, Galaxy all copied the style of the popular iphone. Why? Because it made money! You would be mad to see an iphone practically own the market and not try and take a piece of its money!

Put yourself in 343’s shoes now. Or any other game developer. COD and Battlefield make huge, earth shattering amounts of money. Whether or not it is a good game, it makes a boat load of money. You are sat there in 343’s marketing department, wondering how to make money on your next game. You are saying that a game developer would not follow the global trend? It would not try and make as much money as possible?

It happens every where. Look at trailers for example? How many trailers do the deep double noise after Inception did it? Battlefield did it. Far Cry did it and I bet you many more films will.

If you claim 343 ignored you, look around. It is life. Deal with it.

You forgot no elites and no firefight. but i agree with you. Just i never really liked them either.

These are not good changes for the community. The Halo community certainly needs to grow, but it needs to add to the original community, not replace it with a new one full of little COD-Kids who can’t spell “aren’t”

> These are not good changes for the community. The Halo community certainly needs to grow, but it needs to add to the original community, not replace it with a new one full of little COD-Kids who can’t spell “aren’t”

its called a classic playlist.

> WARNING. WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
> Hey 343 community? How are you guys doing?
> filler terminated
>
> I think the changes being made to halo 4 arnt as bad as people are making them out to be.
> Disclaimer: ARN’T AS BAD. Not necessarily GOOD.**

Stopped reading.

> I posted this just as a thread got locked, but it still applies (good post btw Jhonny)
>
>
> a) Let’s see how 343 implement these global trends. If expected 343 not to pander to the global FPS trend, you have never heard or know of marketing.
>
> Let me give you an example, the iphone. Before the iphone phones can be all different shapes of sizes with wacky slide and snap phones being the “in” thing. Then after the iphone became the massive,popular and easy to use phone, all other phone companies basically copied the iphone. HTC Desire, Sony Xperia, Galaxy all copied the style of the popular iphone. Why? Because it made money! You would be mad to see an iphone practically own the market and not try and take a piece of its money!
>
> Put yourself in 343’s shoes now. Or any other game developer. COD and Battlefield make huge, earth shattering amounts of money. Whether or not it is a good game, it makes a boat load of money. You are sat there in 343’s marketing department, wondering how to make money on your next game. You are saying that a game developer would not follow the global trend? It would not try and make as much money as possible?
>
> It happens every where. Look at trailers for example? How many trailers do the deep double noise after Inception did it? Battlefield did it. Far Cry did it and I bet you many more films will.
>
> If you claim 343 ignored you, look around. It is life. Deal with it.

Hey man. I actually like the new changes. Providing they are done well. Like those rival apple phones, I think we can come to a healthy compromise of the themes carried by classic halo and the demands of the public.

> > You skipped no Elites. There is nothing good about no Elites.
>
> Well. We are in a spartan training simulation, so no Elites makes sense.
> Ill miss meh dinos.

CURSE YOU CANON!

> > WARNING. WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
> > Hey 343 community? How are you guys doing?
> > filler terminated
> >
> > I think the changes being made to halo 4 arnt as bad as people are making them out to be.
> > Disclaimer: ARN’T AS BAD. Not necessarily GOOD.**
>
> Stopped reading.

Hey man. It is the internet. Quit being a grammar -Yoink!-. Is my point any less valid because I forget the occasional ’ ?

I hate it when people get like this.

Im with ya dude, the game will still rock and I’ll play it for many years :slight_smile:

Note well guys, every reaction I have seen to the new news has been very positive outside of the halo community. Some casuals are saying things like:

“NICE. Halo is finally getting good.”
-Direct quote from gamestop forums.
Most people agreed.

> > > WARNING. WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
> > > Hey 343 community? How are you guys doing?
> > > filler terminated
> > >
> > > I think the changes being made to halo 4 arnt as bad as people are making them out to be.
> > > Disclaimer: ARN’T AS BAD. Not necessarily GOOD.**
> >
> > Stopped reading.
>
> Hey man. It is the internet. Quit being a grammar nazy. Is my point any less valid because I forget the occasional '?
>
> I hate it when people get like this.

> > > > WARNING. WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
> > > > Hey 343 community? How are you guys doing?
> > > > filler terminated
> > > >
> > > > I think the changes being made to halo 4 arnt as bad as people are making them out to be.
> > > > Disclaimer: ARN’T AS BAD. Not necessarily GOOD.**
> > >
> > > Stopped reading.
> >
> > Hey man. It is the internet. Quit being a grammar nazy. Is my point any less valid because I forget the occasional '?
> >
> > I hate it when people get like this.

-Yoink!-.
“is my opinion any less valid without the occasional ’ ?”

People are so stupid.

> Note well guys, every reaction I have seen to the new news has been very positive outside of the halo community. Some casuals are saying things like:
>
> “NICE. Halo is finally getting good.”
> -Direct quote from gamestop forums.
> Most people agreed.

Yeah, everywhere i’ve been, people have been talking aabout how great the game will be.